IMG_0091 (resized).jpeg
spiderman-concept-beta (resized).JPG
IMG_2509 (resized).JPG
web2 (resized).JPG
20230517_182604 (resized).jpg
20230517_182613 (resized).jpg
20230517_180212 (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

Hi I'm taking pre-orders for a new rush armor that I've designed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order

This is like my normal armor/button wear protectors.
which can be bought for rush at
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08017-pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-rush-
that is they is no adhesive or holes to drill. They are attached by removing the button and placing these on, then re-installing the button.
These are designed to look more like the LE button armor in terms of shape and length.

The final "sheen" may be a bit more glossy, right now they are just a bit "flatter" or more "matte" then the factory stern rails and I"m trying to find a coating that will make them like my normal armor which is a super close match to the stern rails.

The process I use to make these is completely different than the normal armor. Therefore it's more expensive (though WAY cheaper than the $249 + shipping rush armor) and more manual time required so to keep things reasonable I only plan to do these every so often. This is for the "End of may" production run.

These are available in the following designs
Rush
#Foo Fighters
Godzilla
James Bond 007 (Premium)
James Bond 007 (Pro)
Jurassic Park (Premium)
Jurassic Park (Pro)
IMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPG

gz (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPG
IMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPG

jp-deluxe (resized).jpgjp-deluxe (resized).jpg
#2 11 months ago

just added 007/spectre for the new bond

IMG_2373 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPG
#3 11 months ago

While I"m at it I might as well add Jurassic Park in the mix. I've added JP to the pre-order, I don't have a sample yet but if people want it I"ll make it the same triangle design as 007 and add the JP T-rex in that I use in my normal JP protectors (see attached picture) but make it as large as can fit, and I'll do red or reflective silver as the background.

jp (resized).pngjp (resized).png
#4 11 months ago

heres' the actual sheen, color, sheen and texture that they all will have.

Godzilla final prototype/serial #0001

godzilla-final (resized).pnggodzilla-final (resized).png
#5 11 months ago

update I put together a JP on the actual material, here it is

jp-deluxe (resized).jpgjp-deluxe (resized).jpg
#6 11 months ago

So my godzillas are officially "ready for production" I've spent about $200 in materials on testing and making tweeks and they are ready for me to start making once the pre-order is over. Here's an installation video and you can see how they look on godzilla

3 lucky people that had the first orders will actually be receiving theirs soon as with my $200 of test materials I had enough left over once I was done tweaking to make a few sets to send out.

It not to late to get in the may 2023 pre-order

a (resized).pnga (resized).png
#7 11 months ago

Ok now Im excited

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Ok now Im excited

nice! I think you'll be very happy with them, those who know me well know I'm a "bit" (where "bit" means "ALOT") picky and obsessive about things. so I try to make things as perfect as possible. yours is one of the 3 that will ship soon. I just have to laser cut some cardboard inserts to give yours good protection in shipping and get it shipped out. I am going to try my best to do that tonight.

-brian

#9 11 months ago

Might you be able to offer a version for KISS where it's Gene's Axe that cover the button area? Way back, someone did a full side rail version, but NLA. Here's pic of the red LE version, but I would be interested in black to match the standard textured powder.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/33?gallery#g

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Might you be able to offer a version for KISS where it's Gene's Axe that cover the button area? Way back, someone did a full side rail version, but NLA. Here's pic of the red LE version, but I would be interested in black to match the standard textured powder.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/33?gallery#g

I might be able to do something like that. are you looking for the whole length of the rail with the strings all the way down or something just like the axe itself. It will probably be a month or so though before I can try.

Give me a shout in a month or so and I'll see what I can do.

that said anyone else that's looking for other games I can do special requests like this.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I might be able to do something like that. are you looking for the whole length of the rail with the strings all the way down or something just like the axe itself. It will probably be a month or so though before I can try.
that said anyone else that's looking for other games I can do special requests like this.

I was thinking something simple just to imitate the axe part near the flipper buttons. Nothing crazy like full length.

#12 11 months ago

gotcha, yeah I can definitely do something like that. remind me in 3-4 weeks and I"ll design something.

thanks for your interest!

-brian

#13 11 months ago

some people say I'm obsessive... they are not wrong. I say if your going to do something do it right. good simple/smart engineering, good quality, give people value for their hard earned money (even if they have enough to spend 7-14K on a pinball game.. it doesn't give you an excuse to cheese out) take pride in all the details of your work, even packaging... yes these are laser cut inserts to protect these as best as possible.
Is it cheaper (time wise)? to just slap it in between two pieces of cardboard... sure, but taking a shortcut always ends up costing you in the end.

ghidora-packaging (resized).JPGghidora-packaging (resized).JPG
#14 11 months ago

Looks good now ,lets see what it looks like in 4 weeks time once its travelled half way around the world

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

id be interested in kiss too. spiderman web designed rails that came on the black spiderman would be cool too.

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Looks good now ,lets see what it looks like in 4 weeks time once its travelled half way around the world

hah. yes. lol

#17 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

id be interested in kiss too. spiderman web designed rails that came on the black spiderman would be cool too.

will do I actually have Spidey also (red) so I almost certainly will make those eventually. I was just thinking about that yesterday actually

#18 11 months ago

Anyone that wants one please get your orders in. I’ve made a couple of the Godzilla pre oreders from extra material left over from my prototyping and shipped those out. But I plan on ending the pre order midnight on Monday the 29th (memorial day) so I can place the material order and hopefully get it in time for the following weekend so I can start making them

#19 11 months ago

The final version for Rush, jurassic park and 007 are done. Each of these sets will ship this week. to the first person that pre-ordered the respective sets.

deluxe (resized).JPGdeluxe (resized).JPG
#20 11 months ago

I just wanted to say that I have the Godzilla ones and they are incredible! They look amazing, fit perfectly, awesome quality, don't affect the flipper function, seemlessly blend in and are an absolute must have mod.

What a savings over the $350 Stern rails too. And when you buy the custom Stern ones, they're a total pain to remove the old ones and install theirs.

These meanwhile, slip right on nice and tight, and are held on solidly by the rail screw and flipper button and look amazing. Install of both protectors took all of 17 minutes, from start to finish. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks Bz!

20230517_180212 (resized).jpg20230517_180212 (resized).jpg20230517_182604 (resized).jpg20230517_182604 (resized).jpg20230517_182613 (resized).jpg20230517_182613 (resized).jpg

#21 11 months ago

Just added some pics.

It doesn't get any more factory looking than that. Incredible Job!

#22 10 months ago

I'm going to add the "Avengers" "A" deluxe armor with the "A" logo with inserts in reflective silver, gold or yellow to the pre-order.
I don't have a design yet but they will look "more or less" like the Stern ones. once I have a design I'll post them but you can get an idea
I'll probalby use the same shape as the JP and just replace the t-rex with the avengers "A"

#23 10 months ago

oh nice pinfidel, thank you so much for adding those pics! you should be a profession photographer, beautiful shots!

#24 10 months ago

Is there some type of covering (ie mylar) over the gold to stop it wearing off like the original Stern rails did or will I need to do this before fitting?

#25 10 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Is there some type of covering (ie mylar) over the gold to stop it wearing off like the original Stern rails did or will I need to do this before fitting?

lol did the sterns wear off?!? in that case mine are officially better than the Sterns!
While the insert is a good solid vinyl which probably wouldn't wear off (it's not paint etc) it's also covered by a sheet of thin clear acrylic just in case. Basically I put the equivalent of those old school "overhead projector" sheets over it.

#26 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

lol did the sterns wear off?!? in that case mine are officially better than the Sterns!
While the insert is a good solid vinyl which probably wouldn't wear off (it's not paint etc) it's also covered by a sheet of thin clear acrylic just in case. Basically I put the equivalent of those old school "overhead projector" sheets over it.

but seriously I cannot believe at $300 they didn't bother to have the forethough to make something specifically designed to deal with and protect the game from fingerprints... from fingerprints itself.

#27 10 months ago

I thought you would of done just didnt see it mentioned anywhere

#28 10 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

I thought you would of done just didnt see it mentioned anywhere

Good point I should add that to the shop page as that's a good thing for people to know. thanks!

#29 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ccbiggsoo7 for spiderman, what do you think of a custom raised web like I'm doing here for Elvira HoH?

or are you more interested in something cut into the armor and more similar to the Stern armor.

I kind of like this elvira one more than the Stern spiderman armor but would love to get other Spiderman owners opinions

I think something like this (thought I'm still working on the web shape and placement, with maybe the spiderman logo in the center area on the web that is a little more sparce.

web2 (resized).JPGweb2 (resized).JPG

IMG_2509 (resized).JPGIMG_2509 (resized).JPG

#30 10 months ago

Ghostbusters Proton Rails !

Great Work right here

#31 10 months ago

Love it

#32 10 months ago

TheCnyPinGuy and Aflacjack thank you so much for the kind words!

I think I will also start a spiderman interest thread. there probably will be less interest in that as it's 15+ years old but I have one and it desperately wants more "interesting" armor than the generic rails I have. I'm probably going to add a little red spider like the photos below, and use my more angular design like I use on Jurassic park and make the spiderweb more angular too. I just threw a little red spider on elvira.. For elvira I also have a couple additions I will make in a couple days to round it out. I've also got to fix that web more.
spiderman-concept-beta (resized).JPGspiderman-concept-beta (resized).JPG

#33 10 months ago

So I had some time today and put together a Spider-Man deluxe armor prototype since it was pretty easy since I already was doing something similar with Elvira.

IMG_0092 (resized).jpegIMG_0092 (resized).jpegIMG_0091 (resized).jpegIMG_0091 (resized).jpegIMG_0090 (resized).jpegIMG_0090 (resized).jpeg
#34 10 months ago

for those interested in the Spiderman armor I started a new interest thread just for discussing this armor and gauging interest and determining which design I should go with (I have two competing prototypes right now)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-deluxe-armor-interest-thread

I probably will also do a munsters as it's basically the same but I have a different idea for the webbing on munsters, mroe like elvira.

IMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2514 (resized).JPGIMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2515 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPGIMG_2516 (resized).JPG

#35 10 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

for those interested in the Spiderman armor I started a new interest thread just for discussing this armor and gauging interest and determining which design I should go with (I have two competing prototypes right now)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-deluxe-armor-interest-thread
I probably will also do a munsters as it's basically the same but I have a different idea for the webbing on munsters, mroe like elvira.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just added Elvira with 2 variations to the pre-order (normal and "caught in the web")

as well as an avengers with multiple color options.

IMG_2592 (resized).JPGIMG_2592 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPG

glow (resized).JPGglow (resized).JPG
#37 10 months ago

Just a reminder the pre-order ends today (monday 5/29) at midnight. after that if I have any leftover material after the pre-orders are done I might make them available for on demand purchase while the material lasts but the prices will be higher.

I will probably do another pre-order at the end of June or July since this is my first pre-order and people will be able to see what they are like from the people receiving theirs. After that I probably will only do a it a few time a year or maybe on "new pinball releases"

#38 10 months ago

i don't like the first one you did, but the second spiderman one is pretty cool. but spideys have lollipop rails on them

#39 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i don't like the first one you did, but the second Spiderman one is pretty cool. but spiders have lollipop rails on them

thanks for the input, that seem to be the consensus in both which looks better and spideys already have the lollipop rails. lol... I'm dumb.
(to be fair it's 15 years and I used to put lollipop rails on any game that came without them, so I couldn't remember)

1 week later
#40 10 months ago

Mine arrived today ,they survived the trip across the pond ,well packaged and look great on my machine ,Thankyou

1 week later
#41 10 months ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Mine arrived today ,they survived the trip across the pond ,well packaged and look great on my machine ,Thankyou

thank you so much for the feedback!

#42 10 months ago

These look pretty cool, and I think you're filling a good gap given how much Stern charges for the official side armor.

Any plans to add designs for Iron Maiden? Stern discontinued the custom side armor they did have (though those were pretty fugly to begin with), so Maiden owners are kind of out of luck unless they just want to add stock armor.

#43 10 months ago

Thanks for the kind words. and yes I will make an Iron Maiden, I'm not an artist and I really wanted to do Iron Maiden justice with some Eddie armor as I'm a fan. I have a friend whos a graphics illustrator and artist that's also an maiden fan and I was hoping he'd design me some artwork and split the proceeds, unfortunately he's been super busy. My wife is an artist (hobby) and she might take a shot at it. I really want to do Eddie justice with this one.

so it will hopefully happen just a matter of "When"

I designed these myself with some help from similar "Easy to draw/replicate" pictures I saw on the Internet that I used as inspiration redrew by hand and modified for the "lollipop versions" not the "deLuxE" but if you need some now you can order these and I'll even credit the cost (not including shipping) towards the "deLuxE" if/when I make them. I actually have these in a magnet form on my IDMN as I had put the generic full armor lollipops on mine back in 2018 when I got my IMDN.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08336--pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-iron-maiden

so basically if you want these now buy them and if/when I make a DeLuxE just message me the date you bought them and I'll check my records and give you a $45 discount towards the purchase of the DeLuXe IDMN armor, that way you can get protection now and not have to worry about wasting money buying these just to buy deluxe ones whenever. your only real cost is the $5 shipping charge.

1 week later
#44 9 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Thanks for the kind words. and yes I will make an Iron Maiden, I'm not an artist and I really wanted to do Iron Maiden justice with some Eddie armor as I'm a fan. I have a friend whos a graphics illustrator and artist that's also an maiden fan and I was hoping he'd design me some artwork and split the proceeds, unfortunately he's been super busy. My wife is an artist (hobby) and she might take a shot at it. I really want to do Eddie justice with this one.
so it will hopefully happen just a matter of "When"
I designed these myself with some help from similar "Easy to draw/replicate" pictures I saw on the Internet that I used as inspiration redrew by hand and modified for the "lollipop versions" not the "deLuxE" but if you need some now you can order these and I'll even credit the cost (not including shipping) towards the "deLuxE" if/when I make them. I actually have these in a magnet form on my IDMN as I had put the generic full armor lollipops on mine back in 2018 when I got my IMDN.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08336--pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-iron-maiden
so basically if you want these now buy them and if/when I make a DeLuxE just message me the date you bought them and I'll check my records and give you a $45 discount towards the purchase of the DeLuXe IDMN armor, that way you can get protection now and not have to worry about wasting money buying these just to buy deluxe ones whenever. your only real cost is the $5 shipping charge.

My wife wanted to try her hands at a design so I suggested she try doing an Iron Maiden. Here's the results. This will be available in the July Pre-order which ends July 10th!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order-july

I can do the 2nd color in silver (shown), gold or yellow (or if you want a different color let me know)

if your interested get your orders in.

happy 4th of July everyone!

IMDN (resized).JPGIMDN (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pre-order-for-new-deluxe-easy-install-button-armor?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.