Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-had-a-xray-done-on-my-knee-to-see-18260566 (resized).png
    Resized_20180909_202231 (resized).jpg
    scar (resized).jpg
    IMG_0655 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5942 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    20160728_004849_(resized).jpg
    making-friends_(resized).jpg
    944841_10207026535636791_4963489731621511887_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30951_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30741_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30701_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3060_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3058_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3054_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3051_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 6 years ago

Mike the positivity in your posts is infectious. We don't see enough of that in this world. Not ignoring the bad stuff, but remembering how damn good we have it. You've won the lottery in terms of your recovery but I can't help but think part of it is because of your mindset. How much of the crap we worry about all day long ends up meaning anything in the long run? Not much. And we are oblivious to so much good in the meantime...

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

There is great truth sitting in the "can't take it with you"- Phrase.
    I am very lucky to be alive. I have had some interesting major changes to my intelligence and psyche. As a result of all of this.
    I am a pretty positive person. I have been told I am enthusiastic about everything. I really like that. That is true. I love being here. (This planet).
    It's going to get even better. But getting through the crap. That's where I'm still at.
    But where I'm going is different now. Better. I truly enjoy being a part of pinball, as a fan. I will be here until the day I die now.
    And Los Angeles? My new home. I love it here.
    Los Angeles. Is my home now. I'm making plans to dig deep deep roots here. So much to see and do. I'm excited, I just wish I felt better. I'm getting there...

I should have also mentioned - you're the only other person I know that actually LIKES LA.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I like L.A.
    Food-wise it's hard to beat all the deliciousness that can be had there 24 hours a day if you know where to look. Sure the driving around it sucks but I use the Metro most of the time and it's pretty quick. My feet can do the rest of the work once I'm above ground.
    For food, music and diverse culture/subculture, Los Angeles doesn't disappoint.

Exactly! Most of where I've worked is in Santa Monica and century city so I've missed the actual city culture - but every time I am there, there's this magic buzz in the air, and it's usually not the BS artists I'm there to work with . Man I could tell you stories...

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I need to make a few art pieces if I am really considering art school.
    Can you imagine though. Back to school at 50 after three brain surgeries and a stroke.

Why not ?

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Indeed!
    You could be the next hot middle-aged-college-wolf on campus!
    Surf's up Azmodeus!

ROFL!! These waves are mine...

2 weeks later
    #294 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm always cynical.
    Think of it from Steve Ritchie's point of view.
    He is probably 70 years old.
    He spends over a year of his life working on some new game, and before anyone on Pinside has even played it, all he reads is:
    "OMG Steve does not put enough toys on the playfield!"
    "The code will never be done!"
    "His games are too hard"
    "Look at the giant ugly face on the playfield!"
    "When is he going to do an original theme?"
    "Looks like more Stern cost-cutting!"
    "Gary won't let him use white rubber or (fill in the blank)!"
    "$90000 for what; ghosted inserts?"
    "I can't play if there is a wrinkle in my decal"
    "I can't play if there is a crack in my cabinet"
    "When is Stern going to learn...."
    -
    There is a toast when drinking in my country that translates "May the devil eat you!"

I've got to believe that SR does not read Pinside.. if only for his own health!

1 year later
    #308 5 years ago

My brother just had an appendectomy after the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with him for THIRTY DAYS. He was in the hospital in agony the entire time. Mike, I hope you have a significantly better experience. Your people seem to know what they are doing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prayers-go-out-to-azmodeus?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.