Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-had-a-xray-done-on-my-knee-to-see-18260566 (resized).png
    Resized_20180909_202231 (resized).jpg
    scar (resized).jpg
    IMG_0655 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5942 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    20160728_004849_(resized).jpg
    making-friends_(resized).jpg
    944841_10207026535636791_4963489731621511887_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30951_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30741_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30701_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3060_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3058_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3054_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3051_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for your support while I was away and sick can't wait to see you and play some pinball.

1 week later
    #205 8 years ago

My recovery moves slowly, but I am getting stronger every day. Thank you for all your support and prayers !
    I hope to catch up soon and play some pinball.

3 months later
    #246 7 years ago

All about me.blown away at how friendly everyone was and how I seem to be missed.
    Strangest thing about this whole experience was how December January and February just vanished. I feel liketime just vanished. Last memory was black Friday shopping after work picking up a few PS four games.

woke in JanuaryFebruary finding out that I had been in a coma or just no memoryand that everything that had to happen strokes and brain surgeries

A I woke up more recently in June having had a another surgery i had a 10%percent chance of living through this past one not great but here I am.

Things of changed about me all of my tastes are different and it's very strange knowing that I probably won't be going on roller coasters ever again in my life I know I went to magic mountain with my kids last year so that's probably the last time iwillride harsh roller coasters

Really not allowed to drink anymore so that's gone toO

Some of my friends really rose to the occasion in and helped me out it was embarrassing

I had three chances good chances of getting killed during surgery and live through all of them including some pretty harsh odds like one in ten.

I used to Love talking on the phoneLove talking on the phone and all that now I've been remapped the bit sometimes talking and writing is just confusing and frustrating.

I just wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate everything and if you want to talk just reach out let me know take care.

2 months later
    #260 7 years ago

So I thought I'd post a follow up. Recovery has been a bitch. My dizziness has not gone yet. But fortunately It will. I am dizzy and car sick almost 24-7.My girlfriend completely saved my ass during this whole thing. I would not have made it without her. You really don't expect your whole world to turn upside down, but it can. If it wasn't for her I would likely not be alive. So the hardest part is brain recovery but I had no idea the biggestsource of my pain would be my kids. Brain recovery does what it wants when it wants.

I was getting a divorce when all this started and my kids live with the ex. I don't remember seeing them since last November mostly. They seem to have abandoned me. I can't try hard at anything right now, but I will try hard to straighten this shit out soon. I can't drive and live an hour away from them now.

I do understand no one expected this crap to happen to me. My life is broke. I'm al
    Most broke (but I'll be ok). I think everyone did a great job helping me. You just don't expect this.

Things I've learned:
    Leave the guy in the wheelchair alone . He has it really hard already. (Or you could help)

If you are a sick but not seeing a doctor you are playing with fire. Get that looked at. (Not my issue but I've seen lots of it out there)

Balance and hand eye co-ordination are critical to pinball play. If your left doesn't work right you are a bit fucked.

I am trying hard to remain positive.

Miss you all.

#264 7 years ago

I truly appreciate all the responses and thanks RWH for the insight it is truly helpful.

8 months later
    #265 6 years ago

I WANTED TO UPVOTE EVERYONE.
    This is a hard thread to read for me.

I get to read much of it like it is new, every time. My life is very different now, due to all my injuries.

I am not better, but I am getting there. slowly. like the rest of your life slowly.

This picture shows my brain and all three surgeries. My brain surgeon says my recovery is "miraculous". He is probably always right.

im glad i didn't die, my friends.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#272 6 years ago

Thank you everyone!

I am going to CAX this year I will be there on Saturday! I should be very easy to spot. Please everyone say hello!

Distraction is the name of the game. For my brain. So California extreme is perfect. And I will have just turned 50 on the drive up. My birthday is the 28th.

So unofficially CAX on Saturday will be a birthday party, too.

In terms of my health. I have been through so much, but I am so lucky. I call myself the luckiest of the unlucky. You would never want to be me. Most of the people who are like me are dead. My luck and some of the odds of the things that have happened to me are astronomical. My brain surgeon said I was a "miraculous recovery". Because my brain was cut into, now it is healing and my thought processes are changing. All for the better. But having three surgeries and the stroke. very hard to deal with mentally. I can only keep going.

But the game has changed. I'm going to go for broke now. The great thing is, I know you all will be there, with me. I thought I knew roughly how the rest of my life would go. I was very wrong. No one could be more suprised than me. Amazing this world.

#273 6 years ago

I thought a good caption would be

Just look at all that dental work.

#275 6 years ago

Is it this place? Looks good!

http://burritozilla.com/menu/

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mike the positivity in your posts is infectious. We don't see enough of that in this world. Not ignoring the bad stuff, but remembering how damn good we have it. You've won the lottery in terms of your recovery but I can't help but think part of it is because of your mindset. How much of the crap we worry about all day long ends up meaning anything in the long run? Not much. And we are oblivious to so much good in the meantime...

There is great truth sitting in the "can't take it with you"- Phrase.
    I am very lucky to be alive. I have had some interesting major changes to my intelligence and psyche. As a result of all of this.

I am a pretty positive person. I have been told I am enthusiastic about everything. I really like that. That is true. I love being here. (This planet).

It's going to get even better. But getting through the crap. That's where I'm still at.

But where I'm going is different now. Better. I truly enjoy being a part of pinball, as a fan. I will be here until the day I die now.

And Los Angeles? My new home. I love it here.
    Los Angeles. Is my home now. I'm making plans to dig deep deep roots here. So much to see and do. I'm excited, I just wish I felt better. I'm getting there...

#283 6 years ago

I spent the last twenty five years raising kids in south Orange County. It was good. Now I am moving into a love affair with Los Angeles. No matter what happens I want to stay here. I am starting to write, and Los Angeles and my next few years will be endless inspiration in so many ways.

I'm thinking about going back to college. I am about halfway to a business admin degree. But if I go back it will be for writing and art.

This could be a really good story. It will be fun no matter what. I was thinking about reaching out to ucla.

The only thing that could pull me back to south OC will be Laguna beach. I love that town. And the art school is exceptional.

#284 6 years ago

I need to make a few art pieces if I am really considering art school.

Can you imagine though. Back to school at 50 after three brain surgeries and a stroke.

1 year later
    #296 5 years ago

I wanted to post an update, and a request for help.

My life is completely different now. I live in chronic nasea. Marijuana helps, but my nasea is caused by my cerebellum being half dead. It is hard wired. About a nine out of ten every waking moment.

I also have dizziness 10/10 always. But this just makes me handicapped.

Fortunately I can sleep. My brain seems to turn off at night. I am still sick but I can sleep. That is a miracle.

I have written two books. That is where I need the help.

One of my books is a non fiction story about me. What happened to me. It is 450 pages.

The second book is a horror short story collection. They are separate so I can compete in both markets.

Anyways I really need help getting a good agent. If you can help me please send me a message. The books are very good it's like someone else wrote them.

I am researching getting an agent, but several people who I thought could help me, cannot in truth. I'm on my own. I did copyright both books.

It's hard to read through this thread. You guys saved my life here.

1 month later
    #311 5 years ago

Yes thanks. Veronika is very new at pinball but loves it so far. One thing I noticed is she likes to play alone not wait her turn with me.

She just rolls on through sometimes if your not looking. In a multiplayer game.

Hey that was my ball...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prayers-go-out-to-azmodeus?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.