Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 311 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-had-a-xray-done-on-my-knee-to-see-18260566 (resized).png
    Resized_20180909_202231 (resized).jpg
    scar (resized).jpg
    IMG_0655 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5942 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    20160728_004849_(resized).jpg
    making-friends_(resized).jpg
    944841_10207026535636791_4963489731621511887_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30951_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30741_(resized).jpg
    IMG_30701_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3060_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3058_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3054_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3051_(resized).JPG
    There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #150 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

He could, but he also needs an old DVD player to play them on.
    Mike especially likes Horror and SciFi

I might be able to help out with both! Please send me his address.

#151 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Not to sound like a party pooper but wouldn't watching horror films and utterly violent movies increase is blood pressure whether he's aware of it or not?

I think the release when the chick finally gets her throat slit would actually lower Mike's blood pressure.

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I might be able to help out with both! Please send me his address.

C/O Mike Bodak
    Lake Forest Nursing Center
    25652 Old Trabuco Road
    Lake Forest
    CA 92630.

#153 8 years ago

Thanks! Please let me know if that changes...

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! Please let me know if that changes...

I'm bringing him my PS3 for sure, so no need for a player unless you want us to sell it.

#155 8 years ago

VID - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

VID - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

?

I was hatched in late July.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from bailorgana:

I'm bringing him my PS3 for sure, so no need for a player

No worries...I'll just send DVD's....

#158 8 years ago

Update from Geoff

(sorry I somehow missed these, so you get a double shot of Mike Madness)

=-----------------------

Monday Visit:
    Went pretty well, it was later in the day and he was very tired, he was up in the wheelchair in the hall, when he saw me he decided to stand up, which caused his fall alarm to sound and the staff to come a runnin. I guess he doesn’t like to remember not to stand up or get out of bed with assistance and has become quite a handful for the staff to keep an eye on. He is getting more therapy than before and that is a good thing. He has been weaned off the med for narcolepsy, but is still having the regurgitation issue. The nurses believe it is due to a high state of anxiety and agitation that he is experiencing, the stress he is under must be enormous, hopefully he will settle down and the meds can help once adjusted to the right levels.

-

He got moved from a room with a noisy and deliberately irritating roommate and now has a quieter room with a view out the window, we saw a beautiful sunset together. (No we did not hold hands.) Brought him some clothes and personal effects so he can have a more familiar feel and personal items for his surroundings. He does have a tv in his room but it is a wall mount without easy access to hook up stuff to it, gonna work on that, if you bring stuff for him to watch – bring long cables. Realistically he needs a tall table or a shelf under it, have talked to the facility but it hasn’t come through yet.

-

Had a brief chat with his Mom and his Brother and tried to call some others that were not able to answer and he didn’t want to leave messages.

-

Tuesday Visit:

Brought some of the now famous Pizza Port for him– he slammed 3 pieces with double toppings before I could blink. Dietician came in and was pleased and frustrated at the same time, I got a talking to!

Here’s why: Last facility Mike could eat whatever he wanted and was given, this facility is more stringent and disciplined. Mike has Stage II Diabetes and is actually being monitored and treated for the condition. So if you do want to bring him food and “treats” – PLEASE check with the nurses as they are having a very hard time getting his blood sugar under control because of visitors sneaking him stuff. He doesn’t know what he can or cannot have and we all need to follow the rules for his care.

-

Having said that: He is eating less than 50% of what the facility is giving him to eat. He needs to be encouraged to finish eating (which is hard when you want to get sick) and the staff doesn’t have time to push him. He is back on liquid supplement feeding at night for 6-700 calories and is being carefully monitored as I mentioned above. Unlike the other facility despite numerous complaints by us he lost 15 LBS in 3 weeks he was there, so far he has lost 4 LBS but it is being monitored more closely. This is the biggest physical challenge he faces, unfortunately at this stage of his recovery, I am unsure what the long term plan is for him.

-

I brought him his iPad and left it with him. We discussed the possibility of damage but he promised he would be careful so we’ll give it a shot and see. He has been deemed capable of making his own decisions medically and personally, but I am dubious, but it is not my decision so I will try to support Mike’s choices to the best of my ability. Also returned to him the Grainger iPhone, but it is locked currently, he is going to try and figure it out. He didn’t want to call anyone today.

-

The previous facility also lost his glasses, it would be beneficial for him to be able to see better obviously, I asked him to read some of the cards that were sent, but he couldn’t - so we are working on trying to get him an eye exam and a new prescription. Anyone know an optometrist that does house calls? (J/K)

-

Mike’s brother Greg arrives in about an hour 0930 PST and will be staying at a hotel less than a mile from where Mike is. We have brought Mikes car out of storage (THANK YOU MIKE SILLS) for his visit so Greg will have transportation while he is in town.

Greg will be here for 6 days.

Saw some posts online about items being brought in for him, Mike is in a public facility, he has a roommate and the content of media that he is going to watch should be suitable, he is not in a private room, please consider this when bringing in things for him to watch, as it could be disturbing to other patients and staff in the facility.

Reminder there will be a fundraiser benefit for Mike at a Private Pinball Club on March 5th at Noon – No one REVP’s from this group, which is fine but I would ask if you might attend plmk so I can notify the host.

If you want to contribute / donate without attending please contact me separately, have an account set up for him for incidentals.

In closing I would like to thank those of you that take time visit Mike, he lives in the moment and appreciates the time you spend with him.

g

#159 8 years ago

I just sent a box of DVDs out to Mike.

Tried to mix up some stuff he might like.

#160 8 years ago

Attorney Callout:

========================

With about 25% of Pinside being attorneys, Mike's brother Greg needs to buy a few hours of your time in the next few days, while he is in Cali.

POA stuff, nothing too specialized.

So if you are an attorney (or have one to recommend) PM me or Geoff and help a brother out.

Thanks!

#161 8 years ago

I should ship Mike some authentic Canadian maple syrup. That blood sugar would be out of control but guarantee he would eat everything on his plate.

#162 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Attorney Callout:
    ========================
    With about 25% of Pinside being attorneys,

That would be an unusually, surprisingly high stat -- if accurate. What to make of this correlation ?

#163 8 years ago

Attorneys are the only ones that can afford these high pin prices of today! Lol!

Get well soon Mike! Prayers from Canada!

1 week later
    #165 8 years ago

Reminder: Fundraiser for Mike tomorrow (Saturday March 5th) at Pinball Land in Santa Ana. From Ron & Angi:

PBL will host a IFPA 3 strikes your out tournament Tomorrow to benefit Mike Bodak . Doors open at 12. Tournament starts 2 ish. $30 entry 15 goes to mike. We will have prizes and hopefully some silent auction items. Mike really needs some financial support. Mike will have his pins for SALE!. Its sad that he HAS to sell them. Lets all remember how fortunate we are and lend some support. I will provide pizza and libations for a donation to Mike. Bring a desert or side dish to share
    Mike has a fast break and a riverboat gambler for sale. Please open your hearts and your wallets or pocketbooks to lend a helping hand. Angi, Catalina and I look forward to a fun day. As always, kids and dogs are allowed.

More details http://bit.ly/1L9dynz or here http://on.fb.me/1TDleBg

I'll be bringing two Zombie Yeti Alice in Wonderland prints for the silent auction.

#166 8 years ago

Buy Mike's games!!!!!

mk_(resized).jpgmk_(resized).jpg

#167 8 years ago

A few of you have asked what games are for sale.

I believe it's NBA Fastbreak and Riverboat Gambler.

#168 8 years ago

Hope to see all yawl there! Good day for a good cause.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Buy Mike's games!!!!!

mk_(resized).jpg

Those pics jumped me to the wrong conclusion. Might have been inclined for the Space Shuttle . . . although, truth be told, I don't know where to put another pin at the moment. Had to just put another one in storage, actually.

#170 8 years ago

I can't make it out to Pinball Land today myself, but I hope there's a good turnout and everyone has fun. Ron and Angi are good peoples.

#171 8 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

truth be told, I don't know where to put another pin at the moment. Had to just put another one in storage, actually.

The P3 with the swapable playfields is going to be huge!!!!!!

#172 8 years ago

Just heard from Ron, over $4000 was raised for Mike yesterday at Pinball Land. I couldn't make it, but just enormously proud of the SoCal community, you guys rock.

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The P3 with the swapable playfields is going to be huge!!!!!!

I'd like to be able to say I know what you're referring to, but . . . .

#174 8 years ago

Latest update from Geoff:

=========================

Good Day to You All

A very successful event was hosted at Pinball Land by Ron and Angie – Whom we cannot thank enough.

There’s some great pictures of the event on Facebook.

Total proceeds raised were in excess of $4K

R.V. Donated $900

R.S. Donated $500

A.D. Donated $100

K.G. Donated $90

A couple of the winners of the tournament donated their winnings.

A big thanks to Planetary Pinball for their donation of items for the Silent Auctions.

I know other generous people brought and donated items, I wish I knew the details so I could thank all of you also.

-

Mike is still at the Lake Forest Facility.

He is getting good therapy and care, his brother Greg is working hard to keep him there for as long as possible to ensure he gets the maximum benefit.

Mike’s speech is as clear as can be, no impediments whatsoever.

Short term memory is still iffy, he definitely needs to improve in this area in order to move down the road towards independence.

This makes for some very interesting conversations on a wide variety of topics, the human brain has become even more of an absolute marvel to me.

He mis-remembers that he is not allowed to get up and walk without assistance and has fallen a few times, the admonishments from the staff seem to amuse him.

The inability to keep food down still plagues Mike, he still gets supplements at night. This is very frustrating as no one seems to be able to resolve this issue.

Greg is also trying to work through this issue with the Doctors. He has a list of about 20 other things he is trying to do to help Mike out and along in his recovery

Mike has made a few friends at the facility and they greet him by name.

-

I want to re-thank everyone that visits Mike and to all of you that showed your support at the event and to those of you that have reached out with support in other ways.

Hope everyone has a blessed week.

Geoff

#175 8 years ago

I spoke with Mike this night.

His speech and laughter had no slur to it at all. Really amazing to hear.

He remembered his roommate moving out the day before, so that is a sign that his short term memory is creeping back.

He said he was sad he could not attend the pinball tournament, and said he will make it to the next one "for sure".

He enjoyed the pictures of everyone and could identify most of the players.

He finally got a pair of glasses with 2 arms on them, so he is glad about that too.

mike_relaxing_(resized).jpgmike_relaxing_(resized).jpg

#176 8 years ago

I see that the beard is gone. I'm glad to hear he's improving too.

Steve

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I see that the beard is gone.

I'm sad, no more Wolf-Mike

#178 8 years ago

Some great people who came out to support Mike:

IMG_3029_(resized).JPGIMG_3029_(resized).JPG

IMG_3030_(resized).JPGIMG_3030_(resized).JPG

IMG_3032_(resized).JPGIMG_3032_(resized).JPG

#179 8 years ago

IMG_3038_(resized).JPGIMG_3038_(resized).JPG

IMG_3037_(resized).JPGIMG_3037_(resized).JPG

IMG_3036_(resized).JPGIMG_3036_(resized).JPG

#180 8 years ago

IMG_3042_(resized).JPGIMG_3042_(resized).JPG

IMG_3045_(resized).JPGIMG_3045_(resized).JPG

IMG_3046_(resized).JPGIMG_3046_(resized).JPG

#181 8 years ago

IMG_3050_(resized).JPGIMG_3050_(resized).JPG

IMG_3051_(resized).JPGIMG_3051_(resized).JPG

IMG_3054_(resized).JPGIMG_3054_(resized).JPG

#182 8 years ago

IMG_3060_(resized).JPGIMG_3060_(resized).JPG

#183 8 years ago

Thanks for posting the pictures vid!! Wish I could have attended.

#184 8 years ago

We're with yinz in spirit! Thanks for keeping us updated G.

#185 8 years ago

Short, but classic phone call from Mike today:

Mike: Hey, it's Mike.
    Vid: How do you feel today?
    M: Listen, I'm getting the band back together and I've got THE name: "Cake Vomit" .
    V: Hmmmmm........it's catchy.....
    M: I know right???
    V: Um......I take it you threw up cake today?
    M: I did. I absolutely did.

#186 8 years ago

Inspiration comes from within. DEEP within...

#187 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Inspiration comes from within. DEEP within...

I see what you did there...........lol

#188 8 years ago

Mike escapes his captors for some Chinese food.

After 4 months of hospital food, all that MSG must taste delicious!

IMG_30701_(resized).jpgIMG_30701_(resized).jpg

#189 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for your support while I was away and sick can't wait to see you and play some pinball.

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thanks everyone for your support while I was away and sick can't wait to see you and play some pinball.

Mike!!! Breaking my Pinside fast for this one, we missed you man. Everyone at League sends their best, but I'm sure you already know that. Keep getting better!

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Great to see you typing!

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sir -

I don't know you except from your posts here, but I feel like you're a friend from long ago. I have been following this thread, and your recovery is nothing short of remarkable. I am truly happy for you and wish you nothing but good things! Great to see you posting again!

Take it easy and continue to get better. Will keep praying for you sir!

Chris

#193 8 years ago

Update from Todd

===========================

Mike had some visitors today including Jim and his son who he used to play World of Warcraft with.

Mike has been masticating daily.

Mike has gained 7 pounds in just 2 weeks.

Mike's G-tube feedings have been reduced to 400 calories daily, as he has been keeping more oral food down and throwing it up less.

IMG_30741_(resized).jpgIMG_30741_(resized).jpg

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Mike has been masticating daily.

That seems awfully personal.

#195 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

We are all friends here.

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

I got the joke! Had thought the same thing myself! Ha.

#197 8 years ago

The baddest assed picture currently on Pinside:

IMG_30951_(resized).jpgIMG_30951_(resized).jpg

Mike had a few minutes to kill between medical appointments and played his first game of pinball !

#198 8 years ago

At the pub! Did he grab a frothy too?

#199 8 years ago

Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Forest! It's a shame his first game in a while had to be on that beat up thing...

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

At the pub! Did he grab a frothy too?

Any alcohol is not going to play nice with his recovery.

Mike's brain needs every cell working at peak performance right now...and for the foreseeable future.

We see every tiny advance with Mike as an amazing miracle, but he is still in a fragile state.

So raise a toast to Mike!

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prayers-go-out-to-azmodeus/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.