heart-cartoon (resized).jpg
61704243_693948384390256_8352262960244064256_n (resized).jpg
BBE6E6BB-448B-4F77-90B9-8D73F863F17F (resized).png
61502321_811901235859691_694309793002684416_n (resized).jpg
20170708_140311 (resized).jpg
FAAAF449-26C5-43D1-B774-F3D4CC3A94C1 (resized).jpeg
687AAEB2-8E4D-46E7-85C9-125599E54AC1.gif
34E5350F-343D-49FF-8CAD-02E6A0F52C6B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#136 2 years ago

Hi everyone - Pam (Todd's wife), Tammy & Terry here (Todd's daughters)!

We wanted to let you know what has been happening these past few days, as word has gotten out online and we didn't want anyone to worry. Our dad, Todd, came in to the hospital for a triple-bypass heart surgery on Wednesday. It lasted from 1:45 PM to 9:00 PM and then he had to go back for yet another surgery right after he got to his room. We were here at the hospital until 3:30 AM - it was a rough night but dad pulled through. Even with the tornado near our area and the electricity going out at the hospital for 3 seconds, he was a tough cookie.

Currently, we are with him in his hospital room as he begins recovery. He is talking, just started eating physical foods and is able to walk around for short periods of time. Other than being extremely exhausted and tired, he is in good spirits. He even commented on how much he loves this balloon we got him (it's technically a balloon for a newborn baby, but we thought it was the perfect balloon for our dad, because he is a star!).

He has requested that instead of sending flowers, coffee, balloons or (his favorite!) food to his hospital room, that donations be made to Abington Hospital (Abington, PA 19001) - as they have wonderful care and have been so wonderful to our dad - here: https://giving.jefferson.edu/giving/abington/support-ahf.html

We thank everyone who has already reached out to our family & our dad with your well wishes - we will continue to read each and every note to him, so keep them comin'!

And as dad always says, livin' is good!

Love, The Tuckey's

Also, here's dad's personal video with an update directly from him before the surgery:

61502321_811901235859691_694309793002684416_n (resized).jpg
#197 2 years ago

Update: The overwhelming amount of support for our dad (and husband!) has been unbelievable. Thank you to everyone who has reached out via text, messenger and phone - we have read everything to Todd and it has really brightened his spirits. He loves all of you, too!

Todd was moved from the ICU late last night to his new room where he will be recovering for the next week or so. He wanted us to share his window view with you because it just goes to show that....

Livin' is good!
- The Tuckey's

61704243_693948384390256_8352262960244064256_n (resized).jpg
#231 2 years ago

Another update: Todd has been home from the hospital for the past three days and is working on recovering from his surgery. We continue to read your supportive comments to him and he would like to thank everyone for reaching out!

As the process of recovery has been a bit painful and exhausting for him, he will not be seeing any visitors or making new videos anytime soon - thank you for your patience & understanding.

- The Tuckey's

1 week later
#247 2 years ago

Hi everyone...first time on Pinside since I went in emergency room end of May. I am deeply grateful for all your well wishes! I have been home perhaps a week. Yesterday I finally could see improvements when I could finally go to the bathroom myself! I also went up a flight of steps (with a therapist)., And of course it really winded me. I will not be going to Pintastic, but Frank and the twins will be there. We will still do the seminar, and I will participate by Skype. My daughter has set up a studio for me so I am hoping to see all of your faces that attend! I am having issues...the longer healing time was I needed 5 vessels...and then after the size hour operation, I started to bleed three hours later. Doctor returned to hospital after midnight and worked another 3 hours to save me. ( He let daughters and wife in to see me one last time right before because he said it was bad). Of course I had to live to make more videos for all the enjoy them and to drive all my haters NUTS with anger! I hope to respond to all of you when I can get caught up. I am posting a great interview with Bill Parker that was filmed at 2018 Pinball Expo (You will learn and see pictures of the game he designed that eventually turned into his first Rescue 911. He also did Big Hurt, Freddy and Barb Wire. My guys brought my video computer to my temporary bedroom so I could put the final touches on it...this may actually post tonight...but soon. I have alot of other unfinished videos I hope to finish as it's boring at home. Once again, thanks for your well wishes! Todd Tuckey

#290 2 years ago

Update, although small! One day shy of the emergency surgery now, I took my first shower on our second floor. One of the pleasures of life! Fathers day had me at a Longhorn Steakhouse with my three girls--research shows they are low on sodium and had a wonderful 2000 calorie meal (brought home about half the steak)--didn't eat all day. I have now lost 14 pounds down to 270. I am maintaining a 1200 calorie diet every other day, quite easily. Food choices limited of course. The ten minute trip each way confirmed the fact that I cannot travel yet. My chest from all the sutures (I had two separate operations) was very sore. I will not be going to PinFest in Massachusetts this year. However, Frank and the Twins will be there--and Frank will be doing the seminar with me there also via Skype on the big screen. We will do the best we can. Frank will be filming too (I am at this very moment, editing 2018 Pinfest which will be over two hours) and hope to have it up by the weekend for everyone to enjoy as my movie editor is at home, so I dont go stir crazy)! Thanks again for all the well wishes which continue to pour in. I think I have another two weeks to make sure nothing reopens, etc at home. Todd

Added over 2 years ago:

I want to update the fact that the show is Pintastic, not Pinfest.

1 week later
#306 2 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I have a 4g WiFi Hotspot you can use for the duration of the show. I tested it and I'm getting about 25mbps throughput on it. As long as you have good verizon signal in that room you will be good to go. I'll also have a Microsoft Surface Book Pro for you and the seminars. It will be setup ahead of time to connect to my wireless device.

This would be perfect for us...Our seminar is Friday afternoon...The twins coming thursday and Frank arrives Friday morning. but I can give the laptop to the twins to bring to test and make sure! Todd

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

At Pintastic in the Extra Ball Lounge![quoted image]

OMG! I am truly surprised and pleased! Thanks!

5 months later
#316 1 year ago

Thank you! I have lost 35 pounds and have kept it off...need to lose another 50 of course...but back to plenty of activity as usual around TNT!

#320 1 year ago

Thanks to all and everyone and happy holidays!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddtuckey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside