heart-cartoon (resized).jpg
61704243_693948384390256_8352262960244064256_n (resized).jpg
BBE6E6BB-448B-4F77-90B9-8D73F863F17F (resized).png
61502321_811901235859691_694309793002684416_n (resized).jpg
20170708_140311 (resized).jpg
FAAAF449-26C5-43D1-B774-F3D4CC3A94C1 (resized).jpeg
687AAEB2-8E4D-46E7-85C9-125599E54AC1.gif
34E5350F-343D-49FF-8CAD-02E6A0F52C6B (resized).jpeg
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 4 years ago

Keep getting better Todd. You will be missed at Pintastic.

#252 4 years ago

Great to see you post Todd!!!!

Don't rush it, let your body heal properly. I know you want to be back at it full force, but you must take time to insure you get better.

Chris

#253 4 years ago

Get well Todd! If the videos are just Frank and Rob they’ll be UNWATCHABLE!

#254 4 years ago

Glad to hear you're doing better a go-go Todd!

The haters must not know what to do since they aren't thumbs downing all your new videos.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Hi everyone...first time on Pinside since I went in emergency room end of May. I am deeply grateful for all your well wishes! I have been home perhaps a week. Yesterday I finally could see improvements when I could finally go to the bathroom myself! I also went up a flight of steps (with a therapist)., And of course it really winded me. I will not be going to Pintastic, but Frank and the twins will be there. We will still do the seminar, and I will participate by Skype. My daughter has set up a studio for me so I am hoping to see all of your faces that attend! I am having issues...the longer healing time was I needed 5 vessels...and then after the size hour operation, I started to bleed three hours later. Doctor returned to hospital after midnight and worked another 3 hours to save me. ( He let daughters and wife in to see me one last time right before because he said it was bad). Of course I had to live to make more videos for all the enjoy them and to drive all my haters NUTS with anger! I hope to respond to all of you when I can get caught up. I am posting a great interview with Bill Parker that was filmed at 2018 Pinball Expo (You will learn and see pictures of the game he designed that eventually turned into his first Rescue 911. He also did Big Hurt, Freddy and Barb Wire. My guys brought my video computer to my temporary bedroom so I could put the final touches on it...this may actually post tonight...but soon. I have alot of other unfinished videos I hope to finish as it's boring at home. Once again, thanks for your well wishes! Todd Tuckey

Glad you are still with us Todd...it would be hard to imagine the hobby without a Tuckey around! Get well soon..........

#256 4 years ago

Godspeed on a full recovery Todd... pay attention to your docs and follow their advice everyday... they seem incredible at what they do... kudos to your wife and family members for helping you with this bump in the road. We’re praying for your full-bore return to the pinball world, but only when it’s right for you!!!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Glad to hear you're doing better a go-go Todd!
The haters must not know what to do since they aren't thumbs downing all your new videos.
Hope you have a speedy recovery!

They have a new place to put those thumbs I am sure

#258 4 years ago

Wow, Todd. Good to hear from you! Been through the same, albeit not nearly as complicated as what you have been through. Agree and emphasize the thoughts of others and seriously, take it very easy....very easy. Really follow Dr's orders especially about lifting. I evidently did not follow this advice closely enough and ended up with a non-union of my sternum...did not heal back together. So once my initially surgery was healed I had to go back in and now have 5 exotic metal bands and about 60 screws into my ribs.

Better days ahead!

#259 4 years ago

Best wishes to you, Todd. Never met or spoken to you but have always enjoyed your videos. Best, Charlie

#260 4 years ago

speedy recovery my--- can't remember to remove balls prior to lifting palyfield brother

#261 4 years ago

Happy to hear that you are in better shape and that things are looking brighter. Our hobby needs more people like you.

#262 4 years ago

Hey Todd! Glad to see you're on the road to recovery. Pinball is a much better hobby with you being a part of it.

#263 4 years ago

Todd when I first learned of this and some of the staff were like "oh he is going to still come" I laughed. I'm just happy you are alive, recovering and just want you to get better! You are one of the highlights of the show for me! Maybe you can do Skype over one of these? LOL

Derek Karamanian ~ Panel recorder for Pintastic New England & Game Room Expo.

JJ8A0831 (resized).jpgJJ8A0831 (resized).jpg
#264 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Hi everyone...first time on Pinside since I went in emergency room end of May. I am deeply grateful for all your well wishes! I have been home perhaps a week. Yesterday I finally could see improvements when I could finally go to the bathroom myself! I also went up a flight of steps (with a therapist)., And of course it really winded me. I will not be going to Pintastic, but Frank and the twins will be there. We will still do the seminar, and I will participate by Skype. My daughter has set up a studio for me so I am hoping to see all of your faces that attend! I am having issues...the longer healing time was I needed 5 vessels...and then after the size hour operation, I started to bleed three hours later. Doctor returned to hospital after midnight and worked another 3 hours to save me. ( He let daughters and wife in to see me one last time right before because he said it was bad). Of course I had to live to make more videos for all the enjoy them and to drive all my haters NUTS with anger! I hope to respond to all of you when I can get caught up. I am posting a great interview with Bill Parker that was filmed at 2018 Pinball Expo (You will learn and see pictures of the game he designed that eventually turned into his first Rescue 911. He also did Big Hurt, Freddy and Barb Wire. My guys brought my video computer to my temporary bedroom so I could put the final touches on it...this may actually post tonight...but soon. I have alot of other unfinished videos I hope to finish as it's boring at home. Once again, thanks for your well wishes! Todd Tuckey

Todd my friend your health is the most important thing. You know everyone at Pintastic wishes you a speedy recovery. It will be great to have Frank and the twins at the show and cool having you via skype! This does mean that you may have time now to finish the 2018 pintastic video Get well soon buddy.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I will not be going to Pintastic, but Frank and the twins will be there. We will still do the seminar, and I will participate by Skype.

This is what I imagined...

virtual todd (resized).jpgvirtual todd (resized).jpg

#266 4 years ago

"WHO IS MAKING NOISE DURING MY VIDEO?!?!?!?!"

Get well dude.

#267 4 years ago

Todd, your videos are so delightful!! Thanks for all you’ve done for the hobby... I’m looking forward to many more videos after you’re back on your feet. Take your time and best wishes for a full recovery!!

#268 4 years ago

Get well soon Todd!! My 2 1/2 year old daughter and I love watching your’ videos!

#269 4 years ago

Thanks for everything I’ve learned from you Todd your videos are amazing. Haters?? How does that make any sense ?? I’ve met you and you are a great guy. You also have a passion for pinball like myself. Kevin Mchugh was my mentor and 35 yrs later my very good friend. You are my Idol. Godspeed Todd.

#270 4 years ago

Glad to hear you’re improving Todd! The family has been thinking about you alot, get better soon! You’ll have to come to Expo so all us Midwest folk can give ya a hug

#271 4 years ago

You’re the best Todd. Get well soon.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

It will be great to have Frank and the twins at the [Pintastic] show and cool having you via skype!

I don't have faith in the Internet infrastructure at the hotel being able to support Skype. They may try to charge us extra for better bandwidth in there, and we need to gather some hardware. Is there anyone who will be attending the seminar who wants to offer an alternative Internet connection? We can get laptops; it's the Internet connection I'm worried about.
.................David Marston

#273 4 years ago

God bless Todd get well soon

#274 4 years ago

Hello Todd,
Sending you prayers across the miles for a pain-free and full recovery and timely return to what you love, your family, friends and pinball.
After watching so many of your informative and fun videos, I cannot say I don't know you, I do and you are like family to me and many of us Pinball Lovers who have had an passion for flipping that silver ball since childhood. The Manly thing to do right now is to envision yourself as invincible as Superman, and to believe that it is a comfort to those who care about you, to hear that you will be back in the saddle in no time, making and editing videos or even Skype to pin lovers attending the next Pinball Expo, etc. The Truth is you have nothing to prove, you are valued more than you know, and those that value you would rather you follow doctors orders and take it easy and don't push yourself during this crucial recovery period, so you will be around to school and entertain us for many more years to come. If it helps, think of this like a mandatory vacation ordered as a medical necessity by your doctor, who knows what is best for the patient he just miraculously gave a second chance at living. I will leave you with a Dr. Seuss quote to hit home this point, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." Hope to meet you one day. Live Long and Prosper, Hillel

#275 4 years ago

I have learned a lot from your videos, you're a major asset to this community. Get well soon brother! You have more videos to make and more pinball machines to restore!

#276 4 years ago

Get well soon Todd. Just traded a game with a guy who lived two miles from your place in PA. He said he thought you were very goofy when he bought some games from you back in the 90's. Turns out he was right!

Hope to see you back in the saddle soon!

#277 4 years ago

Wonder if the Dr said "you can't say here now GET OUT!! " As he slammed the operating room door.

Glad your home taking it easy.

#278 4 years ago

I think YouTube needs a video of the doc walking around the operating room and explaining how he changed some old connectors, re-flowed your solder joints and replaced the old capacitors.....lol Couple of LED's and a playfield polish and you are as good as new.....

#279 4 years ago

Heal quick Todd. Hopefully the doctors don’t charge you tax and freight too!

#280 4 years ago

Todd, too bad no one filmed the operation...
you could have made that into a video complete with wacky hammering and sawing sound effects as they worked on you.
Wishing all the best for a speedy recovery and looking forward to more great videos back at the shop.

#281 4 years ago

Great to read from you Todd! Best wishes for your recovery and take it easy.

#282 4 years ago

Glad you are on the mend Todd.

Keep your spirits up !

LTG : )

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Todd, too bad no one filmed the operation...
you could have made that into a video complete with wacky hammering and sawing sound effects as they worked on you.

You left out the tossing him off of a roof part.

#284 4 years ago

Wishing Todd a speedy recovery!

#285 4 years ago

Todd, did “that person we’ve chatted about” push you over the edge to cardiac instability?

Avoid all stress and just get better man. I haven’t learned all I can from you yet! Wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Let me know when you’re back in the shop for more than a few hours at some point. I’ll swing in.

#286 4 years ago

The “folded poster guy” finally just got to him, lol.

#287 4 years ago

Get well soon.

There needs to be a pinball machine done after Todd. Would be hysterical.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

There needs to be a pinball machine done after Todd. Would be hysterical.

Oktoberfest

#289 4 years ago

Checking in to see how Todd is doing.

Continued best wishes, Todd, for a successful and speedy recovery. Hoping you're feeling better by the day.

Cheers!

#290 4 years ago

Update, although small! One day shy of the emergency surgery now, I took my first shower on our second floor. One of the pleasures of life! Fathers day had me at a Longhorn Steakhouse with my three girls--research shows they are low on sodium and had a wonderful 2000 calorie meal (brought home about half the steak)--didn't eat all day. I have now lost 14 pounds down to 270. I am maintaining a 1200 calorie diet every other day, quite easily. Food choices limited of course. The ten minute trip each way confirmed the fact that I cannot travel yet. My chest from all the sutures (I had two separate operations) was very sore. I will not be going to PinFest in Massachusetts this year. However, Frank and the Twins will be there--and Frank will be doing the seminar with me there also via Skype on the big screen. We will do the best we can. Frank will be filming too (I am at this very moment, editing 2018 Pinfest which will be over two hours) and hope to have it up by the weekend for everyone to enjoy as my movie editor is at home, so I dont go stir crazy)! Thanks again for all the well wishes which continue to pour in. I think I have another two weeks to make sure nothing reopens, etc at home. Todd

Added over 5 years ago:

I want to update the fact that the show is Pintastic, not Pinfest.

#291 4 years ago

Love hearing your updates Todd,

Take your time and get patched up, there are a lot of us that will be looking forward to your videos/posts/etc. when you are ready!

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

I will not be going to PinFest in Massachusetts this year.

Todd, you must be on drugs! The show is named Pintastic New England. There was a PinFest in New England back in the 1990s, but it's been gone since 1995.
.................David Marston

#293 4 years ago

No more creme de le creme for you Todd!

#294 4 years ago

Todd i am grateful this turned out as well as it did , i feel for you and your wife and daughter this was a terrifying experience to read about , your doctor was a hero saving your life , and the many pinsiders showed there love of what you do , i appreciate your technical side but you do a lot of neat things , get healthy
and maybe get a treadmill in that shop

#295 4 years ago

Strength and power and energy Todd. We’ve never met but I really appreciate all that you do.

#296 4 years ago

Fantastic news to hear you're recovering well after such a traumatic experience. My father had a double bypass 10 years ago and that was a very stressful time for all involved. I can empathize with your family Todd. Here's to new beginnings and a healthy future!

#297 4 years ago

Continued best wishes Todd. You are a true asset to the hobby and I am sure your family and co-workers. Great legacy that you will continue to build upon!

#298 4 years ago

Best wishes, Todd! Your cheeky videos are a blast...and teach me all that under the hood stuff I try to ignore

#299 4 years ago

Todd, sending you positivity and love from WV! Your health is of utmost importance. Glad to hear the low calorie stuff is taking effect. The world isn't the same without your smiling face!

#300 4 years ago

Best wishes in your continuing recovery. Sounds like you are staying strong during it.

Take it easy on poking anybody's eyes for a while

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/prayers-for-todd-tuckey/page/6?hl=pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.