• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Congocake.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

there is a local op with a congo. i have been thinking about picking it up for a while. i stopped by the ops shop today and he told me it had been sold. a few weeks ago there was a local c/l ad that stated they were looking for a pin for their son who has cancer and loves pinball. when talking to the op i found out that it was the dad who got the congo for his son. i dont even know the kids name but he is one of us pinheads so lets all pray for him and hope that he can beat the monster and keep flipping for years to come.

#2 11 years ago

In my thoughts and prayers.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Good thoughts going out to him.

#4 11 years ago

Children with cancer has to be one of the most depressing things in life, warm fuzzy God blessings to the kid!

1 month later
#5 11 years ago

His name is Scott... and I'm his dad. We've been lovin' the game and have been having a blast working on it the last few weeks. His birthday was earlier this month, and we even had a cake made to match the pinball game! Thanks for your prayers - it makes all the difference!!!

Congocake.jpgCongocake.jpg

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Bilbo:

His name is Scott... and I'm his dad. We've been lovin' the game and have been having a blast working on it the last few weeks. His birthday was earlier this month, and we even had a cake made to match the pinball game! Thanks for your prayers - it makes all the difference!!!

Way cool, awesome, incredible, fantastic, inspiring, and every known synonym!!

#7 11 years ago

That is awesome! All the best, hope he beats it, the cancer and the Congo.

#8 11 years ago

That pin looks good enough to play....er.....I mean eat! Super cool that your son is in pinball. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and go kick that cancer's butt!!

#9 11 years ago

Damm bilbo that's a sweet cake bet your boy loved it. I know he will kick ass on that cancer. He is in all our prayers and pinheads look after pinheads, you get any probs with that pin, I am sure any of the guys here within your area will help out in person. For the rest of us not close just post it up and we will get the answer.

#10 11 years ago

Just stay positive! Tell Scott the pinball community is pulling for him!

Any of you California pinheads from what area with a nice collection want to let Scott come play some games?

#11 11 years ago

Thoughts and prayers to your son and family to beat cancer and for many years of flippin together! Beautiful cake and glad you are enjoying Congo together.

#12 11 years ago

that cake is awesome! welcome to pinside. if you need anything like lights or rubber rings for the game let me know. i work in chico so im there nearly every day.

#13 11 years ago

I can't even fathom the thought. All the best to your family and that is great to hear when a pinball can help brighten someone's day like that in the midst of such issues.

#14 11 years ago

Wow Awesome story Happy Newyear! Best wishes, hope for another 100 yrs of flipping for the congo kid!

#15 11 years ago

Good thing he was blessed with great parents! Love and some pinball will get him through this. Stay positive our prayers are with you!

#16 11 years ago

It is SO heart warming to see the love reflected by the Congo pin and especially the cake! Your son must be so proud of having such a great dad (and mom)!

All the best, and loads of prayers going out to you!

#17 11 years ago

My wife beat kidney cancer this past summer. Your son can beat cancer as well. Our prayers are with Scott and you guys.

#18 11 years ago

That cake is awesome! Glad you saw the OP's post too. Lot's of people wishing your family the best.

#19 11 years ago

Scott is blessed to have such devoted and tender parents. You have no idea how important that is to him.

I pray God's healing touch upon his body.

Dan

#20 11 years ago

Bump. Come on guys, just words of support can mean alot. I thought this thread would be flooded with well wishes with the mob we have on this site.

#21 11 years ago

Absolute best wishes!

#22 11 years ago

I have two kids of my own and have taught Preschool and kindergarten for over ten years. I can't imagine watching any of my kids have to fight through something like this. On the other hand, being around kids all the time, I know how resilient they are. I know Scott aka the Congo Kid can beat this. Don't forget the old adage that laughter is the best medecine. This is for both SCK as well as you and your wife. Don't forget to take care of yourselves. If you are not healthy and strong, you can't take care of your son. Don't be afraid to ask for help (here or from those close to you). I just shared your story with my kids (big Congo fans) and we are all sending Scott and your family positive energy. As for the Congo, I just put mirror blades on mine and it looks amazing. If you need a gift for him at any point, these would make a great addition.

#23 11 years ago

Praying for Scott, Bilbo and the whole family. Scott, you have Pinsiders from all over the world sending up prayers for you. And Scott, you have one of the coolest nicknames ever - "The Congo Kid"! Bilbo, please keep us posted on Scott's progress.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Bump. Come on guys, just words of support can mean alot. I thought this thread would be flooded with well wishes with the mob we have on this site.

So true. Prayers and well wishes to them both. I hope his son can play Congo with his kids someday.

#25 11 years ago

I have a congo and when I play it I often think of the CongoKid!

keep on keeping on little man

#30 11 years ago

OK

#42 11 years ago

Great cake, i've two boys and hope yours is going well very soon !

#43 11 years ago

I am wishing you well! I do not know what I would do if one of my kids were to get sick. Have to have kids to really know those feelings.

I bet he would love to find a Pinsider close that would let him play several pins.

#44 11 years ago

Prayers sent

I find this response offensive. I would like to see this user banned. just imho.

#45 11 years ago

morining bump. prayers and good wishes to scott,bilbo and family.

#46 11 years ago

We are praying for him!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from kosmo:

Great cake, i've two boys and hope yours is going well very soon !

Forgot about the cake. That was awesome. I've never had a cake that cool.

#48 11 years ago

What a great connection to make. Thanks for sharing the story OP & Bilbo. Sending my prayers.

And yes, that is an incredible cake. Wow.

#49 11 years ago

Best wishes for sure.

Congo is a fun game!

#50 11 years ago

A touching story and a fantastic looking cake!

Best prayers and wishes coming out from england!

M_G

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pray-for-the-congo-kid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.