(Topic ID: 95597)

Pin2k original tables can PPS make this happen?

By Shado1w

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Compy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

haunted_cruise.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I can dream can't I. How sweet would this be if they made new original tables that can slide right into my revenge from Mars cabinet. It would save space and they can come up with awesome tables and charge 2500 bucks. I would be in. What do you guys think?

#2 9 years ago

How about changing the title so it's not so misleading?

:p

#3 9 years ago

Change the title of your post

#4 9 years ago

Ooops! It is misleading but how do I Change the topic? What do I need to click on?

#5 9 years ago

Click on EDIT on your first post, and you can edit the title there.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks

#7 9 years ago

It would never be $2500. You're asking them to make a brand new game from scratch with full color animation. Regardless of not having to sell a cabinet, that's a minor cost when considering development of a brand new game. You'd probably be looking at $5-6k minimum.

#8 9 years ago

plz see thread re: wizard blocks and I think you'll have your answer.

#9 9 years ago

5k would be worth the space to me if the game is fun.

#10 9 years ago

Wizard blocks would be cool if that ever gets finished.

#11 9 years ago

If PPS WERE willing to put in the effort of developing a pin from scratch, I'm wondering who would even design it? I mean most of the designers are either working for Stern, JJP, going solo (Jpop), or helping out a new company (barry oursler). I think nordman might be a free agent once he's done helping Multimorphic.

Maybe this guy could use some help with production / distribution:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haunted-cruise-new-pinball2000-kit
    haunted_cruise.jpghaunted_cruise.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Can they? Sure. Will they? Not a chance at $2500.

#13 9 years ago

Look at the relatively tiny supply of P2K machines and yet RFM and SW are a dime a dozen compared to the real pinball machines from the end of Williams production years. HUO RFMs go for half of what a routed AFM goes for. There may be some avid fans, but this format was flatly rejected by the marketplace, coin drop and the collector's market. I just don't see any money in this beyond maybe a small run of WB.

1 week later
    #14 9 years ago

IMHO, it all depends on the game. If you have an amazing platform but nothing that fully utilized it then that platform will fail. Now I'm not saying RFM or EP1 are bad games, they are definitely revolutionary with what they were trying to do. I personally feel they were pushing the video aspect of the machine too hard... most likely this was because marketing required them to do so. If the virtual screen were to complement the mechanical game seemlessly, then the platform's true potential will be revealed.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

If the virtual screen were to complement the mechanical game seemlessly, then the platform's true potential will be revealed.

Like the P2k conversion of demolition man? (which is a great game on it's own)

#16 9 years ago

Yeah. Given enough time great virtual things could be done.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Like the P2k conversion of Demolition Man? (which is a great game on it's own)
    » YouTube video

Oh hey, I remember that!

I need to do an update video on that. There's quite a few more modes in the game since then.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-to-make-pin2k-original-tables and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.