(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#100 9 years ago

So MMR as delivered is not intended for commercial operation... Likely a legal loophole PPS is skirting???

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was that ever stated or implied by PPS?

Yes. Rather directly implied i would say... No coin mechs means it can't take money which means it is not a commercial machine. Anyone paying any attention to how rick operates knows he has at least 3 levels of BS you need to read through to even begin to find the truth.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

If you are mad at rick then please pick up the phone and be mad at rick on the phone vs take up everyone's time and energy on a public forum ... my cell is 408-891-7878 (hasn't changed). I am always happy to be yelled at!
thanks,
[email protected]

Motocat = rick/pps? What the heck is going on?

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Two accounts=auto ban.... :-/

No sarcasm needed. That is seriously messed up and should result in a permaban for both accounts. That is what has happened with other dual accounts.

#138 9 years ago

Ok

#164 9 years ago

Is it possible that no coin mechs were part of the deal for Stern building games? Maybe they think is will help keep some off route and hence not have as negative an impact on future Stern sales???

I know that is silly but businesses sometimes do silly things.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You should take a break from posting. This shit is silly.

Lol. Says the guy wearing a wrastlin mask

There must be a real reason why they are not included. Seems as plausible as any given the circumstances.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Just curious but for those few of you who actually route games, what % of the money comes in via the BDA as opposed to the coin slots?

70% quarters 30% bills IME

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Wow, I find that split to be surprising. What places do you have machines, bars (adult clients) or bowling alley/arcade (family clientele)? I know from most people when asked about DBV have said they make considerably more money with a DBV installed than without, so I assumed split would lean at least 50% paper since games are at least 50 cents and usually have deals for even dollars over the coin price.

bar with mixed client age (bars in WI allow kids when "supervised") but most are pinheads with the occasional family.

There is a change machine on site. 2 of the 4 games there have BDVs, 2 do not.

I think many people just enjoy using coins? I know I do for some reason...

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There you go, proving my point. Misinformation. Libelous conspiracy theory BS. It's a shitty thing to do. Worse than missing coin mechs, IMO.

It is more of a logical extension of what has transpired...

people easily should question>>>hmmm.... company opts to not included a part and gives a less than stellar response about why (which is apparently not satisfactory to current or potential future customers) so the next logical question is "What else will they cut costs on and will there be more surprises?"

That is how people can easily come up with questions like>>>
No wiring harness for the "bonus" shaker?

It is far from libelous or conspiracy theory. People can legally discuss and question all sorts of issues and you inferring it is against the law is the silliest thing in this thread (and that is saying alot because I have said some silly shit).

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Throwing a tantrum won't get you guys your coin mechs. Stop whining and buy one if you need one.

On the flip side, treating customers poorly and failing to address percieved issues will not win you more business or more future customers. It becomes an esp slippery slope when you have opened the door for more questions.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It was until about 2007. Ever since, I think you can argue that it isn't.

??? How the heck does one add credits to a location game w/o a coin mech?

DBVs sure aren't the norm from the factory, but it would be cool if they were.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Before Rick came along, a NIB MM would have been upwards of $20,000. Now we are getting them for $8,000. blockquote>

I am not sure why it is so hard for many to realize that apples and oranges are different things?

You are getting a remake of an original for 8k and not an original. I have no idea what original NIB MMs go for but they are surely way more than MMR NIB.

MM does not = MMR

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

You are totally wrong Viper a couple weeks ago a near mint MM sold for $6,250 on eBay and now restored ones can't even get $9,000 a very well known restorer has one on EBay it's been on there for 3 weeks with zero bids I e-mailed him out of curiosity and he said that he would take $7,500 for it because of the new and improved MMR coming out he can't sell restored MM's for what he has into them and I willing to take a loss.
So before you speculate look at the facts,then you won't look so silly to other Pinsiders who know and realize that MM prices have tanked!

got any links for these "facts" ?

#494 9 years ago

BigBoy never played it. He is another troll account from a user whose main focus appears to be trying to alter the percieved value of original MM and now recently CC.

check his recent activity and if you want to research it more there are threads where it is shown he posts during normal hours of activity in US but claims to now be from Germany, LOL.

Watch, he will predictably give me a thumbs down as he does many of my posts. Pretty predictable troll if you ask me.

#495 9 years ago

here is his other main account
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/hondanut
last used on 23 June

bigboy signed up on 25 June
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bigboythursday

Bigboy created after he realized he was not being effective with hondanut user profile. Hondanut claimed to have sold 2 MMs for 6k a while back.

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game will be delivered as a working commercial coin operated pinball machine, just as AMH and BBB are working commercial coin operated pinball machines that needed a mech inserted.

more misinformation from you Rarehero. Neither AMH nor BBBr were expected to come with coin mechs. Making that comparison is silly and does not follow even your own typical logic stream.

Apples to apples, remember.

MMR was expected to come 100% function the same as an original MM. Did original MM come with coin mechs?

MMr is NOT a working coin operated machine as delivered by any legal respect or actual ability to accept coins and work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-mmr-communication-its-not-about-the-missing-coin-mechs?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.