(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are there other specific instances where you think Rick/PPS mishandled communication with his customers? Maybe some examples would make more clear why you view this as a trend.

Rick has answered a ton of questions related to the 3 trim choices and other subjects that he either likes talking about, or else makes his product look good. He is careful to avoid answering anything outside of that. And he has certainly seen the questions because he will answer in those threads while being careful to address those issues. Here is a list off the top of my head, I may have missed some (and I will admit some of these may have been answered and I missed it):

1) Does it come with a printed manual?
2) Will there be available printed schematics as WPC had?
3) Will there be a goodie bag?
4) If 3 is yes, will it contain spare plastics?
5) If 3 is yes, will it contain those wing bolt things for securing the head on location?
6) 110 service outlet for soldering irons or lights?
7) How do software updates happen, are they going to be downloadable or will something have to be purchased to accomplish this?
8) Does opening the coin door have a high power lockout for safety?
9) Original had helpful scrolling text in the Test menu when you hit the Start button, telling fuse type and number, connector locations, etc? Will this OS?
10) Original had a dedicated power supply for the flipper coils, does this one?
11) WPC can compensate for a broken EOS switch, can this one?
12) Will test reports (credit dot) still work the same way?
13) Original could not be programmed to take a single coin for 1 credit, which some found to be a nuisance. Can this one?
14) Since all driver boards and power supplies are below the level of the playfield, are there going to be covers to protect against falling stuff (pinball dust, screws, etc)?

What did I miss?

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call Rick and ask ?
He's posted his phone number and said many times to call.
If I had any questions, I'd email or call him.
LTG : )™

I would, but then only I would know the answers to all these questions. Since I don't think any of the answers should be privileged information I would then be tempted to type in what I have learned so everyone here could know as well. Rick has made it clear in PM he doesn't appreciate me speaking about anything related to his company or product, and I can't say I blame him as I am not a paid spokesperson for PPS or CG. If only someone around here were they could find out these answers and post the results here...

See you at Expo sir. I'm assuming you are still doing LTG Show again this year?

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think the point is it's hard to complain about a remake sapping all the money for new, innovative games from the market when you take the cash you would have spent on one remake and spend it on ... another remake. Of course you saved $3k+ going with IMVE, but unless you spend that on another NIB, non-remake title (as opposed to beer and burgers as most of us probably would) you're not supporting the development of new title any more than the people buying MMR.

An interesting point. I think in the current marketplace any game built by the same company that designed it would just be considered a re-run game, or maybe re-issued. Even if it does contain a different level of trim and detail than previous runs. When a game is being run by a different company than what originally designed it, and the design of the current run is substantially different I would think would qualify as a re-make.

Not that either is necessarily bad. Our goal should be a pinball machine in every home.

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

FYI . . . to answer some concerns voiced on here, this was posted on the PPS site:
More MMR FAQ 7/25/14 …

Hey, they used my list as a basis for answering questions! Bonus points for anyone that noticed what was omitted, but it was nice to see published answers to a lot of these questions...

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok so original mm back to being worth more then mmr!!!

I think a more accurate assessment is that MMr will never be worth more than $7995. How much MM will be worth will depend on how MMr is received by the community once it actually ships and is in folk's hands.

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Yes your are correct I looked at it again and may have over reacted?

It's cool. My only point was that the remakes would not be worth more than they are selling for new because of the announcement of the standard ones being made as well. There is no reason for there to be an escalation of the prices of the remakes while new ones are coming out of the factory.

As far as where MM prices will go it will honestly depend on how the remakes are received. If overwhelmingly positive even as an owner I will admit the originals will go much cheaper. If they are found to be lacking in some way, well, Rick may inadvertently drive the prices of the originals even higher than they were before the announcement. Which honestly doesn't impact me either way as I'm happy with the game I have. I guess it might matter if the house burns down and I need to buy a replacement though...

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Oh and the flippers and bumpers were very strong and responsive besides those few things it played exactly like an Original MM.

Were you able to play it early on the first day of the show, or some other time before there was a lot of load on the circuits? Just curious because there were a number of reports (including Rick himself) that the flippers were weak for most of the show.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BigBoy never played it. He is another troll account from a user whose main focus appears to be trying to alter the percieved value of original MM and now recently CC.

I think you are on to something there. If I'm not mistaken I think he was the person that was claiming that "hundreds" of people had played the game since the flipper option was added which made no sense since it's only been at 2 open houses since then, and the attendance was reported to be pretty low at both.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since this thread isn't about coin mechs and is about PPS's communication, how about the lack of communication regarding the missed estimated production date? The silence is getting pretty old.

Agreed. Especially given they went out of their way to collect the rest of the money owed, which originally wasn't supposed to happen until the games were 2 weeks away from shipping. The other thread is reporting MMr won't even go on the line after AC/DC. Something is up, hopefully there will be an announcement soon since everyone seems to just be making up their own theories right now.

Past experience has shown when things go silent the next announcement is never good news. I suspect the missing coin mechs are soon to be a completely forgotten topic...

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Get the popcorn ready......

I think the quote is "Grab your pitchforks and come with me!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside