(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#213 9 years ago

The game needs to come with coin mechs. Arcade games that don't have coin mechs are not arcade games. Pins and video games without coin mech are worth significantly less in almost every single instance than their coin operated counterparts. Part of why people like these things is because they are commercial arcade games. I won't buy a pin without working coin mechs because that is part of the experience. Deposits were taken for a fully working commercial pin. To ship without would be fraud.

#216 9 years ago

Why is it so hard to put a working coin mech in it?

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you know what a coin mech is? It's not missing a coin SLOT or a coin DOOR! If you want to route the game, you pop the mech in. The game is still a coin operated machine and still an arcade game.
One more time kiddies....THIS IS A COIN MECH:

42-3079-100.JPG 66 KB

Then why don't they include it? Is the software compatible? Is the plug out connector compatible? If it was just your pictured coin mech not included then why when you pay 8 grand for a game a $20 part is not included? Bottom line is why doesn't this overpriced remake have a working coin door?

#500 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're deflecting. You're super mad about this and you don't even know what a coin mech is or how it functions. It's just the thingie that the coin falls through. You literally pop it in. There are no connectors. It has nothing to do with the plug out connector or software. It's a standard part of a standard Happ coin door. Yes, I understand this is a thread about being pissed about it missing....but for fuck sake, at least understand what you're mad about.

Hilarious. Who's deflecting? I know what a coin mech is and your condescending nature is douchy to be sure, yet you have deflected and defended ppr without addressing the issue. If it is just a question of popping in a $20 part then why is it so hard for pps to deliver a working commercial coin operated pinball machine? I know you blew $8k on one of these and you have a hard on for this Rick guy, so you are naturally defensive in a way like panzer is with WOZ, but seriously? And I'm not super mad, so much as I'm mildly perturbed. Now go get your shine box.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

After reading this thread in full I only have two questions:
-what exactly is a coin mech?
- are they included in MMR? It would be kind of weird if they weren't, right guys?

Coin mechs are the things that make a coin operated arcade game a commercial coin operated arcade game. Without them it is not a commercial coin operated arcade game but rather a game strictly for home use, like a zizzle or Sterns "The Pin".

#552 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It wasn't intended directly at that post…yes, it was rational but still playing off the multitude of irrational posts. My "insane" comment was generally directed at the "not coin op" crowd.

A coin op game in 2 easy steps.
1. Put coins into the game at which point game credits are registered
2. Press start and play game

As delivered MMr will be incapable of step 1.

Therefore, logical deduction would follow.....

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wrong.
Zizzle and The Pin do not have coin slots. They are absolutely incapable of accepting coins for coin-op use.
This game has a commerical Happ coin door with coin slots. It's capable of accepting coins for coin-op use. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Fullretard.jpg 36 KB

I assume it's so difficult to comprehend because like you said, I went "full retard".

#637 9 years ago

So how will panzer, I mean rare hero defend pps when they announce this things not coming out until next year?

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

It would be nice to hear some type of update from Rick himself.
It has been well over a month since last update.
They do have all the money now.
Just to know if they are on schedule or behind schedule .
Not too much to ask.

They are behind schedule, that much is clear.

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? You're putting the frenzy on me? Nice. I'm not the one freaking out about coin-mechs. Remember what this thread is about - and remember I'm in the "I don't care" category.

You keep telling yourself that. Keep giving all the thumbs down. You might just break the record for most given in a thread. Serenity now.

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just going to remove myself from this irrational discourse.
I'll come back when my game arrives and I'll be happy to tell you if the flippers, legs, translight, harnesses, etc are missing...I'm sure you're totally right, I bet I'll open the box and there won't even be a game in there.

From more than 4 days ago. Hahaha.

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. I'm a blithering idiot.

I think I hate pinball now. .

Sorry to hear about your hate of pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-mmr-communication-its-not-about-the-missing-coin-mechs?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.