(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

coin mechs are an insignificant cost compared to an $8000 machine, and will not even be used by 90% of the people who buy MMRLE.
if someone wants a coin mech they need to take the simple action to solve that problem (buy a coin mech) rather than whining for weeks about it.

Most people can't change a tire so a jack is now an option and you pay extra for the option.
The cost of the jack is insignificant compared to the cost of the vehicle and 90% of the people will not use it.
These people should just pay extra for what should come as standard equipment on the vehicle instead of whining for weeks about it.
The game was sold as a reproduction of the original game, did the original game come with coin mechs?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the game sure didn't come with LEDs or a beaglebone black. silly argument.

Deflection and redirection.
The question was did the original come with coin mechs.
It is a simple yes or no question.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I don't understand this response. The game is not an exact reproduction. I would expect equal ire on your part regarding LEDs and the board system and every other deviation, if you really are upset because the lack of a coin mech is inauthentic.

What is there not to understand, this isn't a Mensa test it is a simple yes or no question.
Did the original game come with coin mechs?
If you are going to remove them why wait until the date for a refund has passed before announcing it?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
You don't think Roger Sharp is biased? You think he'd really come out and say that MMr doesn't play like the original?

I wonder if Roger coined up the game he tested?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just out of interest, no new Sterns have coin mechs when they arrive in New Zealand.
I can't speak for other countries. Maybe some Aussies and Pommies can chime in.
rd.

Word on the street here is Aussies prepay for games and don't even get the games let alone coin mechs.
:/

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

I have recently purchased a 1947 1015 Wurlitzer Jukebox, when I first bought it some guy molested it and took out the coin mech and grinder, two things absolutely necessary for it to register credits and be truly fully operational, being I wanted the novelty of a FULLY FUNCTIONING COIN OP MACHINE I had invested more then $700 into parts to bring it to that state, my point in this is that there are some people who will want to have their machine fully operational in ALL ASPECTS no matter where it's going and should be entitled to having that when buying NIB, sure this MMR isn't a 1015 Wurlitzer, where originality becomes very fickle and costly, but when the damn thing was new it CAME WITH THESE COMPONENTS, and that's why it's so important to me that ALL my machines be fully functional in regards to coin acception, it is what it is with MMR, I'll buy mechs for it when I get mine, but I can still state how I feel about it, I just feel I shouldn't HAVE to do this, furthermore I don't believe the reason PPS gave to be a "valid" excuse for not having them, not having mechs saves the manufacturer about 12K in parts total in the LE run, Stern to my knowledge put coin mechs in their pros, why is the big bad MMR shy of such a common coin op commodity? I'll not buy my mechs from PPS, I feel that they took $24 worth of parts out of my new machine before I even got my hands on it and if I buy mechs from them I'll just be giving them an extra $24 out of my pocket... Despite all of this though I am still really excited to get my MMRLE!

It may be "only 20 bucks" (don't forget the shipping and tax) as some say but on 1,000 games that is 20K extra in Rick's pocket.
Hey it's only 20K.
Reminds me of the guys that sell you a game then sell the manual to you on Ebay.
Oh that's "extra".

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If he gives them to one he would have to give to all...the case is closed on this one. He has stated the reason and his solution (deeply discounted mechs). Let it go.

He should give them to all since that is what they paid for.
Deeply discounted mechs, LOL!
I will sell you something you already paid for again at a discount.
If you paid with a CC you could easily get the charges reversed, you can't take something out of a product and then tell the customer sorry you are locked in.
Sell someone a house then take out the lighting fixtures while it is in escrow and see if the buyer is "locked in".

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you know what a coin mech is? THIS IS A COIN MECH:

This is a coin mech on drugs.

CMOD.jpg

#325 5 years ago

meme.jpg

#377 5 years ago

gsm.jpg

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Before Rick came along, a NIB MM would have been upwards of $20,000. Now we are getting them for $8,000 but damn him for not including the $20 coin mechs! Oh, and he told us about it in a shitty way so there's that too!

And before Jack came along this would have been a 6K game.
The no coin mechs is just a way to milk a little more profit from this cash cow.
It will be interesting to see what these go for on the secondary market when the dump begins.

#403 5 years ago

NCO.jpg

#406 5 years ago

JC.jpg

#421 5 years ago

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I think Bumper Action should be the primary seller of Thunderbirds.

Bumper III The Rise of the Missing Machines.

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I think we are up to Bumper IV now
And the blame is with Bumper II

When it hits VI SELL.

#508 5 years ago

Didn't you approach Mr. Bolochevski on Pinside and offer him an MMr reproduction coin op game for 8K?

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you keep going like this, you are going to be known as the PanzerFreak of MMr.

Panzers were fully mechanized from the factory and ready to roll, you didn't have to buy the turret at a discount.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It wasn't intended directly at that post…yes, it was rational but still playing off the multitude of irrational posts. My "insane" comment was generally directed at the "not coin op" crowd.

George G. Papoon graciously accepts the Natural Surrealist Party's nomination for President.

not_insane.jpg

AP:
After days of infighting, the NSP settles on perennial candidate Papoon; longtime party opposition leader Mayor William Cudlipp P'nisnose delivers his concession speech (next to the concession stand).
Vice-Presidential nominee George Leroy Tirebiter makes history as the first actor/director VP candidate from a fringe 3rd party.

pnisnose.jpg
Mayor William Cudlipp P'nisnose arrives at the convention, ready for an old-fashioned political mudfight.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm curious, what size coins will fit in the bezels on the coin mech-less doors or depending on the door type, the coin entry plastic/AKA coin entry plate? Asking so if a Canadian customer wants to put a Loon acceptor and a quarter acceptor on the door, will they need to change parts or get out the old hacksaw blade like we used to do in the good old days.
Funny how Bally, Williams, Gottlieb and even present-day Stern manage to ship games with Euro mechs for EU Countries, Pound and Pence acceptors for England, Canadian quarter and Loon acceptors for Canada.

I would say just ream out the slot but that step has already been done for you.

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Ice cream for everybody!

How far do I have to go to get it?
How long is the wait?
How much and are sprinkles extra?
Without this info I can't decide if the reward is worth the journey.

#572 5 years ago

Q: If I ordered thru PPS, can we make payments towards the balance ahead of time?

A: I suppose you can, but no need to, better to put that money in the bank and make a little interest! Again, the approach from PPS is that we request a small deposit which confirms a serious order which will get you a game. Shortly (a couple of weeks) before the game is ready to leave we will request the balance due for the game. If your distributor wishes to hold additional money on payment plans, that is up to them, but we do not require this to hold a game nor should your distributors.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I still don't understand the CGC / PPS relationship. If the relationship is as Rick describes it (and we have no info to indicate otherwise), why is PPS the lead distributor and setting guidelines for the other distributors and not CGC?

I don't understand why this preorder model isn't dead yet.
The truth is if these games are made they won't be unobtainable and the market will be flooded with them and once the dump begins on the secondary market supply will outstrip demand.
If it turns out that the came is a cheap problematic knockoff you will be stuck with it.
I thought these games were supposed to be shipping by now but it looks like now the dates are being pushed back.
Haven't we seen this movie before?
I just don't see an upside to this preorder BS, you guys have no idea what you are going to get or when you are going to get it.
Crazy.

#600 5 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I was just thinking. Rick has had our deposits for 9 months approximately.
I'm sure that money was gaining some interest. Maybe Rick could apply that to some co$& mec@& for the machines.
Especially if there is a delay. Or a nice Goody Bag.

Check your back door, the goodie bag is hanging on the knob.

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

The only reason I rushed to order one of these was a pinball friend phoned me while I was on the road driving, and he told me there had been an announcement that ONLY 1,000 MM's would be reproduce by 'a company' and that they were going fast! He thought it was JJP. I got excited and got to thinking . . . . (worst thing I usually do!), and a few minutes later I got another call from him saying nearly all 1,000 had sold in the first 3 hours. With that, I put in an urgent call to JJP and asked could I still get on the list. Was told to mail a quick Bank Check and I'd get one of the 'last few left' depending if my check beat others who have phoned and committed. I raced to my bank and mailed the check immediately. I didn't want to lose out!
THEN . . . days or a week or so later, I find out there there will be an unlimited supply of standard MM's to be made AFTER the initial release of the LE's. THAT busted my bubble REAL FAST! I would probably not have ordered an LE and waited until the Standards came out and put my own shaker motor on.
I don't want to participate in any pre-order thing AGAIN!!!!
Mike in Kentucky

I got a similar call but I am not fazed by the hype simply because people rotate games when they tire of them.
Most of the HUO Sterns I have bought have right around 300 games on them.
This is nothing for a commercial piece of equipment and the buy it before you are locked out simply isn't true.
Take a crappy nightclub for example that has low patronage stick a velvet rope out front and a couple of bouncers and people want to be the select few that get in.
Still the same crappy nightclub with watered down drinks and high prices it is the idea that you might not be able to get in that makes people want to get in.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I assume it's so difficult to comprehend because like you said, I went "full retard".

I hate it when that happens.

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That one post full of your quotes would seem to indicate otherwise. You are quite obsessed with this thread. Hell, you already ragequit at least once, and yet here you are

#673 5 years ago

Has anyone seen that Baby's Second Summer color trim they are passing off as gold?
Discuss.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside