(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#307 9 years ago

"I know the pinball and coin mechs can co-exist peacefully."
-mof

#316 9 years ago

I have no horse in the race, but I wanted to make one point that I haven't heard made yet.

1. This "incident" at its core, is about not meeting customer expectations, and the lack of an agreeable outcome to all customers in the face of that. I won't say more about that, since it's been well-addressed already.

Some of the responders in this thread have really puzzled me. Some have said, "I don't care about coin mechs..." I'd like to address those people with my point:

If I were going to own an MMR, I wouldn't be able to predict at least three things:

1. Can I be 100% sure I'll never choose to trade or sell it?
2. If I choose to sell or trade, can I predict if my next buyer will care about coin mechs?
3. What will I do, if I choose to route the game for a short or long while?

Bottom line is, I shouldn't be asking those questions when I buy a pinball machine.

In short, it's easy for me to say right now, "Yeah, I don't care about silly coin mechs (in the immediate short term.)"

I question whether you can predict with 100% certainty whether you'll for sure hold the pin for the next 30 years in your home, and never wish at some point that you had mechs in there... How can you be so sure you won't care at some point?

I'm sorry that we are examining asking these questions... It seems like a situation that can be still be remedied.
-mof

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a piece that pops in!!

Not cool that you gave away the answer man...

Many of us were really enjoying the blissful ignorance of having no idea what a coin mech is.

-mof

#443 9 years ago

The time you guys spent on reading/contributing to this soap opera, you could have done this to one of your machines... Oh yeah, you know which one I'm talking about...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairrestoration-miracles#post-1821016
Get off your butts and go fix something ! ARGH !
-mof

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, why not.
» YouTube video

awesome scene.
-mof

#677 9 years ago

I have no horse in MMR race, so I can only observe and make a few suggestions at a distance.

Can you think of some good reasons to NOT start an argument with someone?

I can think of two: (surely there are more than two good reasons)

I try to ask:
1. Is this person open to seeing other points of view? If not -- why am I investing time on the argument?

2. Am I sure we are both about to argue about the same thing ?

I think a few people in this thread, are past the point of being open-minded to having a discussion to help brainstorm some ideas to remedy the customer expectation/trust situation that has unfolded.

Also, I would assert that a few of you aren't even arguing about the same damn thing...

1. Rare is arguing: "What is the DESIGN/MODEL?"
Answer: Coin Op.
2. Others are arguing: “Is PPS delivering on expectations set as MMR being a coin-op machine?"
Answer: "PPS shouldn't declare that they are about to deliver a 'coin-op-working-right-now' machine"

Both arguments are correct. Rare is right, the rest of you are right. The bickering will never end at this rate, if y'all focus on separate arguments.

I hope y’all get the argument(s) on the same page, and keep looking for bright solutions.

-mof

#687 9 years ago

Oh snap, I'm lost. Help me out here...
How does the outcome of the Ironman argument make a difference to the original concern of the thread?
-mof

#691 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Let's forget the facts for a minute. That's not the real problem here. The real problem is you two guys acting like god's gift to pinball here. Both of you offer very little to the pinball community, but act like we all should bow down to you superior knowledge whenever you make a post. From reading your posts here, I know more about what you guys don't like about the hobby than what you do like. You don't play in tournaments, don't like EM's, hate photoshopped art, rarely play on location, rarely attend shows, offer virtually no technical or gameplay help here and don't participate in leagues. Both of you clearly post too much here. You called yourself a post whore here recently and said you shouldn't post so much. You've made almost 8000 posts in less than two years here. For your kid's sake, I hope most of those posts were made on company time.
Near as I can tell, your only contributions to the hobby are occasionally buying a game and your thousands of posts here, which is a net negative IMO. What gives either of you the right to act like complete asses here? Please tell us all the ways you contribute to the hobby, because a lot of us aren't seeing it.

Now I'm more confused. Are you saying two guys here are living an identical life? That's truly amazing detective work. How did you come to that conclusion?
-mof

#697 9 years ago

The bottom line is — running a small business is about setting customer expectations and meeting them, and it's about maintaining trust with your customer base. When you fail to meet expectations, how you respond to the situation defines you as a businessman. It's not about being perfect. When expectations aren't met, if communication and action are delayed or missing, trust is appropriately brought into question.

We've observed vendors on Pinside (including PPS) deal with bumps in the road and overcome them with prompt communication and action. From what I've observed, many people were hoping for a high level of communication and responsibility regarding this issue to match the faith they demonstrated to PPS in a 3-hour sellout of the product offered. The customer base demonstrated a truly remarkable level of faith and trust up front in being delivered an excellent product. I presume PPS earned that trust with their previous track record with the customer base. I imagine that anything less than an excellent performance on the delivery side will meet quick scrutiny.

-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-mmr-communication-its-not-about-the-missing-coin-mechs?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.