(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwawonyu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 5 years ago

I think I will enjoy playing the hell out of my game. Personally I think coin mechs are stupid. Most are for homes and should just have an access door with art as well as Apron with art and lighting and no free play cards.
If I was an op I would prefer a door with dollar feeders or credit card slots.
Bring on the game, my basement awaits.

#16 5 years ago

Calm down Pintucky or you might faint. http://www.bbmlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/old_man.jpg
The other thread was about updates and this one is about how folks feel about the coin mech issue. So we are here to discuss.
I agree with the Op that Ricks mistake was dealing with this after the deposit period. But I have had to tell customers things that suck so I get it. At this point I hope its his one slip and focusing on moving games will make up for it.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Personally I think coin mechs are stupid

By this I mean they are outdated. Bill receptors, tokens or better yet credit and debit readers make more sense for routing a game.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

how folks feel about the coin mech issue

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I agree with the Op that Ricks mistake was dealing with this after the deposit period.

Quoted from jfh:

Umm no.

Read the thread title - it's NOT about the mechs.

Coin mech issue...meaning communication more than the mechs themselves. I get it and as I said I agree. Right now its a half full or half empty moment and with 1 strike I am hoping the rest moves forward and we are glad to get games. If more odd changes or communications start like with our other Pin Company then I will start to worry.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is about what will and will not be cheapened overall in this remake.

The question then becomes is this a cost saving move or production move as Rick said. Cost saving=bad call and concern. production to keep games moving=a win...almost, for some.

#30 5 years ago

See Rick,
charge 6k for games and you wont get beat up like this!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Does anyone else find it ironic that some of the more prolific posters in the other thread calling for a C&D on this topic are over here still posting on this topic?</blockquote

Folks said please keep the thread on updates about updates and start a new thread for this discussion. Now someone did. Thats irony?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

but I happen to agree that there was a better way to handle it for everyone and not just for the folks that say please and thank you etc such as your good self

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I agree with the Op that Ricks mistake was dealing with this after the deposit period. But I have had to tell customers things that suck so I get it. At this point I hope its his one slip and focusing on moving games will make up for it.

Too hard to read page one eh ; )

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke13:

I'm always surprised at the fanboy defense on these forums

So did you order a game?

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke13:

but I did withdraw very early

lol, of course you did.

Very relevant as folks who buy games vs bitchy non buyers defines what you call fanboys better. Rick has also done a great job communicating on this in the other thread.

#177 5 years ago

That's really my point . You shell out the bucks you tend to get fanboyish as big duke calls it.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure why it is so hard for many to realize that apples and oranges are different things?

You are getting a remake of an original for 8k and not an original. I have no idea what original NIB MMs go for but they are surely way more than MMR NIB.

MM does not = MMR

The only problem with that logic is its seriously flawed. I will pay 8k for a new version but not more than 5 for an old one. And with new ones why bother. To be honest if I have an 8k new one and a 5k older one I will still buy the new one.Most guys I am meeting are heading this way. Unless its collector quality restored, meaning if its remade. Then old box is just an old version and will end up cheaper very soon.
The day of these old boxes going up in value is gone. That was because the industry was closed and we were saving / cherishing old stuff. Again as soon as its remade there is no point in having the old one except amazing examples for collectors.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

So before you speculate look at the facts,then you won't look so silly to other Pinsiders who know and realize that MM prices have tanked!

He was being pretty general and fair. Not like he was saying they were 20k or anything. I read it more in agreement of your point than not.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Not sure how to put links up but if you are so nosy about who is Trying to sell there restored MM and can't get one bidder @$9,000 the seller is Keller pinball restorations!

Well that sucks. One thing is for sure. A new or old game done by guys like this is worth more than the price of a NIB off the shelf.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Coin mechs are the things that make a coin operated arcade game a commercial coin operated arcade game. Without them it is not a commercial coin operated arcade game but rather a game strictly for home use

then what are all the Sterns that ship to other countries without them?

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have a strong hunch the machines won't be shipping until next spring, if we're lucky.

We better hear about that sooner than later!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwawonyu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside