(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#115 5 years ago

is there a Hitler coin mechs video yet?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is seriously messed up and should result in a permaban for both accounts.

EDIT: LTG beat me to it

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So, let's start with a couple of questions I would ask if we spoke on the phone:

1) in light of the reaction to your original announcement, if you were to announce "no coin mechs" today, would you do it any differently? If so, how?

2) if you believe the number of people upset/impacted by the decision not to ship mechs is that small, why not just send those people the proper mechs at no additional charge? Presumably the cost involved would still be less than the amount built into the game price if your numbers/estimates are correct.

3). I don't believe the decision to not ship mechs was made primarily as a cost cutting move (as in saving on parts, not necessarily time on the line). True?

4) you indicated thar CG made the decision not to ship mechs. I found that very hard to believe, as it is your game and presumably any final decision rests with you and not one of your contractors. Can you explain how the decision not to ship mechs could belong to anyone other than PPS?

5) Presumably you believed that including the proper mechs would increase the total time/length of the manufacturing run. Approximately how many weeks? Why is this/would this have been more of an issue for PPS than it is for Stern when they assemble their games?

6) is not shipping coin mechs a back-door way of saying that MMR is not and should not be considered a commercial machine? Does PPS consider or classify MMR as a commercial machine? If not, why not?

If you would prefer to address these in a PM or email, I'm ok with that, as long as I understand what I could and could not share. I used to have some pretty tough security clearances, so I know how to handle sensitive/confidential/proprietary information and am pretty good at summarizing.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

I thought you said it wasn't about coin mechs ?

#509 5 years ago

well, since we're positing videos...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
€ 9.10
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herbertbsharp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside