(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#25 5 years ago

You should add a poll to see how many people care about the lack of coin mechs vs those that don't. I'd be curious to know.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which thread? I'm pretty sure I just made a blanket statement....and then said I liked it.

Not allowed to like stuff. Forum rules.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good question. I am actually more surprised at the three who thumbs downed my "thread has run it's course" post (#152). But it doesn't matter.
It was never my intent to crucify anyone for a mistake - though part of the issue was not acknowledging that there was one.
I received a note from Rick and his clarification in the main thread this morning shows that he understands my primary point, at least to some degree (though I'm sure he would have preferred me taking a different approach).
If the end result is that we see more posts like the one from this morning that provide brief explanations on key questions, with enough detail so reasonable people can understand, everyone ends up being more informed, probably less worried and wild ass conspiracy theories get nipped in the bud before they have a chance to go viral.

..and they're pretty much the same answers that have been repeated many times about this issue. If you just want more specifics, calling BS, plopping on the tin foil hats and lighting the torches probably isn't the most helpful approach.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I disagree. If I had known what Rick posted today about PPS/CGC relationship, I would have never called bullsh*t on a previous response.

Rick had posted that info earlier but people just called BS and accused him of passing the blame.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pins and video games without coin mech are worth significantly less in almost every single instance than their coin operated counterparts.

Do you even understand what is not being included?

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why is it so hard to put a working coin mech in it?

Just play this video in reverse for tutorial...

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I have no horse in the race, but I wanted to make one point that I haven't heard made yet.
1. This "incident" at its core, is about not meeting customer expectations, and the lack of an agreeable outcome to all customers in the face of that. I won't say more about that, since it's been well-addressed already.
Some of the responders in this thread have really puzzled me. Some have said, "I don't care about coin mechs..." I'd like to address those people with my point:
If I were going to own an MMR, I wouldn't be able to predict at least three things:
1. Can I be 100% sure I'll never choose to trade or sell it?
2. If I choose to sell or trade, can I predict if my next buyer will care about coin mechs?
3. What will I do, if I choose to route the game for a short or long while?
Bottom line is, I shouldn't be asking those questions when I buy a pinball machine.
In short, it's easy for me to say right now, "Yeah, I don't care about silly coin mechs (in the immediate short term.)"
I question whether you can predict with 100% certainty whether you'll for sure hold the pin for the next 30 years in your home, and never wish at some point that you had mechs in there... How can you be so sure you won't care at some point?
I'm sorry that we are examining asking these questions... It seems like a situation that can be still be remedied.
-mof

Do you understand what a coin mech even is?

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I spoke to Rick and he is aware of the need to compromise on this so he decided to make the coin door slightly smaller to offset the cost of the coin mechs.

625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jp... 29 KB

What is this? A coin door for ants?!

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Stern releases pins pretty much on schedule.
Wish they'd do the same with code updates, which have no schedule at all.

Doesn't Stern just announce the next big thing when it's pretty much on the production line?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 9.10

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside