(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#14 5 years ago

I just hope everyone that ordered the game ends up happy with it and does not end up finding out there are a lot of things that were done with cheap alternative/facsimile parts or omissions thereof.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Agree! This coin mech thing helped trigger those kinds of feelings as you stated.
Loved your one word reply on 'our' WOZ forum. Just read it! Agree on that one too!
Mike in Kentucky

For those paying attention, McCune and others triggered those concerns when MMR was announced based on his and other restorers past dealings with the repro parts industry.

#23 5 years ago

It is not just about the coin mechs. It is about what will and will not be cheapened overall in this remake. Hopefully pretty much everything will be just like the original (with the exception of the boardset and lighting) and the buyers will be ecstatic.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

See Rick,
charge 6k for games and you wont get beat up like this!

I am sure that is part of it.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Rick has answered a ton of questions related to the 3 trim choices and other subjects that he either likes talking about, or else makes his product look good. He is careful to avoid answering anything outside of that. And he has certainly seen the questions because he will answer in those threads while being careful to address those issues. Here is a list off the top of my head, I may have missed some (and I will admit some of these may have been answered and I missed it):
1) Does it come with a printed manual?
2) Will there be available printed schematics as WPC had?
3) Will there be a goodie bag?
4) If 3 is yes, will it contain spare plastics?
5) If 3 is yes, will it contain those wing bolt things for securing the head on location?
6) 110 service outlet for soldering irons or lights?
7) How do software updates happen, are they going to be downloadable or will something have to be purchased to accomplish this?
Does opening the coin door have a high power lockout for safety?
9) Original had helpful scrolling text in the Test menu when you hit the Start button, telling fuse type and number, connector locations, etc? Will this OS?
10) Original had a dedicated power supply for the flipper coils, does this one?
11) WPC can compensate for a broken EOS switch, can this one?
12) Will test reports (credit dot) still work the same way?
13) Original could not be programmed to take a single coin for 1 credit, which some found to be a nuisance. Can this one?
14) Since all driver boards and power supplies are below the level of the playfield, are there going to be covers to protect against falling stuff (pinball dust, screws, etc)?
What did I miss?

Excellent list of some of the potential differences/omissions. I am sure there are several more possibilities that I hope also don't come to fruition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside