(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigboythursday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not asking for perfection. Don't care about the $20. Just want responses from PPS that don't treat us like we can't handle the truth or would somehow think less of a MMR or PPS if we had reasonable discussion about issues and suggestions.
I did not create this thread to discuss who cares about coin mechs or not. I'm more interested if people think it's OK to be treated with distain. (Maybe no one cares, as king as PPS keeps making games).</blockquote

1st:You sound very ignorant!
2nd:Rick already addressed why the decision was made
3rd. Almost every route operator has and uses there own coin mechs EX:for tokens they might sell out of a bill changer.
4.You can buy them online for $8.50
5.If your still upset sell your spot I know of at least 10 people who want a New MMRLE.
6.If you really want some coin mechs I have a almost full 5Gal. Bucket of them I'll send you 2.
7.If you never installed them they take 2seconds to snap in the holders which will be on the coin door.
8.Take a break ,go for a walk,skip rocks,go bird watching,or read a book you are dwelling way too much on this subject !

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

cant wait to get my non coin mech mmr

Me too I have a 5 liter bucket full of coin mech can't wait to snap one in my new MM!

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I think a more accurate assessment is that MMr will never be worth more than $7995. How much MM will be worth will depend on how MMr is received by the community once it actually ships and is in folk's hands.

You are totally wrong Viper a couple weeks ago a near mint MM sold for $6,250 on eBay and now restored ones can't even get $9,000 a very well known restorer has one on EBay it's been on there for 3 weeks with zero bids I e-mailed him out of curiosity and he said that he would take $7,500 for it because of the new and improved MMR coming out he can't sell restored MM's for what he has into them and I willing to take a loss.
So before you speculate look at the facts,then you won't look so silly to other Pinsiders who know and realize that MM prices have tanked!

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

He was being pretty general and fair. Not like he was saying they were 20k or anything. I read it more in agreement of your point than not.

Yes your are correct I looked at it again and may have over reacted?

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

got any links for these "facts" ?

Not sure how to put links up but if you are so nosy about who is Trying to sell there restored MM and can't get one bidder @$9,000 the seller is Keller pinball restorations!

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even more insane is spending $8000 on something you haven't even seen yet.

I actually played it at Texas Pinball Fest. And the only difference I noticed is that is was a lot faster than the original and the lights were way better!

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

I actually played it at Texas Pinball Fest. And the only difference I noticed is that is was a lot faster than the original and the lights were way better!

Oh and the flippers and bumpers were very strong and responsive besides those few things it played exactly like an Original MM.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Were you able to play it early on the first day of the show, or some other time before there was a lot of load on the circuits? Just curious because there were a number of reports (including Rick himself) that the flippers were weak for most of the show.

I played the first day I was actually the 4th person to play after it was set up,I was the tall blonde haired guy wit ponytail!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Indianapolis, IN
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigboythursday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside