(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hilarious. Who's deflecting? I know what a coin mech is and your condescending nature is douchy to be sure, yet you have deflected and defended ppr without addressing the issue. If it is just a question of popping in a $20 part then why is it so hard for pps to deliver a working commercial coin operated pinball machine? I know you blew $8k on one of these and you have a hard on for this Rick guy, so you are naturally defensive in a way like panzer is with WOZ, but seriously? And I'm not super mad, so much as I'm mildly perturbed. Now go get your shine box.

Not defensive. Logical. …but to you facts are "douchey", so - what kind of conversation can really be had here.

Your reading is selective. I've already said it was a bonehead move and Rick should have expected this. However the response has been way overblown and IMO become more obnoxious than the issue itself. You're doing the exact thing that bothers me: misinformation. The game will be delivered as a working commercial coin operated pinball machine, just as AMH and BBB are working commercial coin operated pinball machines that needed a mech inserted. A coin mech is easy to insert if you're routing the game. Most operators have tons of them laying around anyway. Not a big deal.

Quoted from metallik:

So when does the game hit the line? Original announcement last Oct had it in production late Spring. The pile of pitchforks and torches is still warm from JJP....

Months vs. years, brotha

#502 9 years ago

500th post! Do I win free mechs?!

#503 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game will be delivered as a working commercial coin operated pinball machine, just as AMH and BBB are working commercial coin operated pinball machines that needed a mech inserted.

more misinformation from you Rarehero. Neither AMH nor BBBr were expected to come with coin mechs. Making that comparison is silly and does not follow even your own typical logic stream.

Apples to apples, remember.

MMR was expected to come 100% function the same as an original MM. Did original MM come with coin mechs?

MMr is NOT a working coin operated machine as delivered by any legal respect or actual ability to accept coins and work.

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more misinformation from you Rarehero. Neither AMH nor BBBr were expected to come with coin mechs. Making that comparison is silly and does not follow even your own typical logic stream.
Apples to apples, remember.
MMR was expected to come 100% function the same as an original MM. Did original MM come with coin mechs?
MMr is NOT a working coin operated machine as delivered by any legal respect or actual ability to accept coins and work.

Me? Misinformation!? That statement is misinformation! LOL

The comparison is sound. You maniacs are saying MMr is not a coin operated machine. How are AMH and BBB coin operated machines and MMr is not!? They're all coin operated machines & have the ability to accept coins and work….you just pop in a F'ing mech!!!!

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

you have a hard on for this Rick guy

Post of the thread!

#506 9 years ago

technically, it appears that MMR is a coin operated "capable" machine with minor adaptation.

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

technically, it appears that MMR is a coin operated "capable" machine with minor adaptation.

Just pure insanity lately…

#508 9 years ago

Didn't you approach Mr. Bolochevski on Pinside and offer him an MMr reproduction coin op game for 8K?

#509 9 years ago

well, since we're positing videos...

#510 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*sigh* THEY'RE F*CKING COIN MECHS! lol Sure, when I heard the mechs wouldn't be included…my first reaction was "really?" …but it doesn't affect my life at the end of the day, it's such a minor thing. …the last thing I'm worrying about are coin mechs.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's childish to make that leap. I mean…seriously…once again….THEY'RE MOTHER F'ING COIN MECHS.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't care about the coin mechs & I have no reason to bother him about it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

You're deflecting. ...but for fuck sake, at least understand what you're mad about.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Seriously, if anyone is THAT pissed off about this….demand a refund and say you paid for a game with coin mechs & it's not cool that this was announced so late in the process. If your'e just complaining about it in internet land, it's likely that nothing will be done to satisfy you.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's reached the point of tackiness. Why do I keep replying to these threads….while I personally don't care about the mechs, this is Rick's mess….I'll let him deal with it…..

Quoted from Rarehero:

Whatevs.
I'm not defending the problem. However, the reaction to it is so entirely overblown out of proportion and filled with misinformation. The reaction has become worse than the "problem".

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. I'm a blithering idiot. I think I hate pinball now. We've reached peak insanity.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just going to remove myself from this irrational discourse.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Who's clueless!??!?! The absolute stupidity in this thread is so compelling I cannot stop combatting it. Stop being insane and I'll go away lol

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not self importance.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I've said this 50 times. I'll say it again.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Not defensive. Logical. …but to you facts are "douchey", so - what kind of conversation can really be had here. Your reading is selective. I've already said it was a bonehead move and Rick should have expected this. However the response has been way overblown and IMO become more obnoxious than the issue itself. You're doing the exact thing that bothers me: misinformation. Not a big deal.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Me? Misinformation!?

Quoted from Rarehero:

You ever try going outdoors, lately, and have some fun?

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Were you able to play it early on the first day of the show, or some other time before there was a lot of load on the circuits? Just curious because there were a number of reports (including Rick himself) that the flippers were weak for most of the show.

I played the first day I was actually the 4th person to play after it was set up,I was the tall blonde haired guy wit ponytail!

#513 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

well, since we're positing videos...

Sure, why not.

#514 9 years ago

You missed the point.

#515 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

You ever try going outdoors, lately, and have some fun?

So - I have a job during the day…I work on a computer…I can quickly glance & respond to morons. I type fast.

This took 20 seconds from my day…back to work. I'll have fun on the weekend - cheers.

#516 9 years ago

#517 9 years ago

Sure is a lot of name calling and personal attacks going on. Try to attack the idea, not the person. It's comes of weak when done in reverse.

#518 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

How is that pure insanity?

He posted something that was 100% accurate in every way. He even toned it down by using the term "with minor adaptation". And he even used the word "technically", which kind of acknowledges that it isn't a huge deal, and he isn't arguing that the pin is completely gimped.

All things considered, it's one of the more even handed responses in the entire thread. Certainly didn't seem deserving of an eye roll, or claim of pure insanity.

If you keep going like this, you are going to be known as the PanzerFreak of MMr.

#519 9 years ago

I told you guys Rob would be a good lawyer for defending this project.

Or was that the other way around?

#520 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How is that pure insanity?
He posted something that was 100% accurate in every way. He even toned it down by using the term "with minor adaptation". And he even used the word "technically", which kind of acknowledges that it isn't a huge deal, and he isn't arguing that the pin is completely gimped.
All things considered, it's one of the more even handed responses in the entire thread. Certainly didn't seem deserving of an eye roll, or claim of pure insanity.
If you keep going like this, you are going to be known as the PanzerFreak of MMr.

True, but still trying to justify the false accusation that it's not a coin-operated machine. Can we end this charade? It's a f'ing coin-operated machine. End of story. I don't see how being rational makes me Panzerfreak.

BTW, based on the many PM's I've received about this issue - the rest of the rational people are just putting the "Coin Mechers" on ignore and wiping their hands of it. Should I just do that? Is that how it is going to be around here? People go nuts, rational voices run & zip-it?

#521 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Panzers were fully mechanized from the factory and ready to roll, you didn't have to buy the turret at a discount.

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

True, but still trying to justify the false accusation that it's not a coin-operated machine. Can we end this charade? It's a f'ing coin-operated machine. End of story. I don't see how being rational makes me Panzerfreak.
BTW, based on the many PM's I've received about this issue - the rest of the rational people are just putting the "Coin Mechers" on ignore and wiping their hands of it. Should I just do that? Is that how it is going to be around here? People go nuts, rational voices run & zip-it?

Dude, I think the point was that his post *was* rational!

And you called it insane.

#523 9 years ago

Did Rarehero just say something?

Kidding

Full disclosure: I have yet to put someone on ignore.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Panzers were fully mechanized from the factory and ready to roll, you didn't have to buy the turret at a discount.

Or a fill neck. They were all ready to accept fuel.

#525 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, I think the point was that his post *was* rational!
And you called it insane.

It wasn't intended directly at that post…yes, it was rational but still playing off the multitude of irrational posts. My "insane" comment was generally directed at the "not coin op" crowd.

#526 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My "insane" comment was generally directed at the "not coin op" crowd.

So.... does it come with coin mechs or not?

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So.... does it come with coin mechs or not?

It's not about the coin mechs.

#528 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

acknowledges that it isn't a huge deal

RobT gets it... I can't wait to get my coin operated "capable" MMR

#529 9 years ago

Ice cream for everybody!

#530 9 years ago

After reading this thread in full I only have two questions:

-what exactly is a coin mech?
- are they included in MMR? It would be kind of weird if they weren't, right guys?

#531 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

- are they included in MMR? It would be kind of weird if they weren't, right guys?

Everything you need to know can be found here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-this-coin-mech-work-on-wpc-games

#534 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Coin mechs are a vital and most important part of a pinball machine
Without one all you have is a wooden box with a glass top

#536 9 years ago

They're still whining on the other thread anyway. Nothing changes.

#537 9 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

RobT gets it... I can't wait to get my coin operated "capable" MMR

#539 9 years ago

Ok was a joke no offense intended I erased it for you. For your reference Hollywood those comments should go on moderator feedback not in the forum. Thanks for that.

#540 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

you didn't have to buy the turret at a discount.

Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off on THAT one!!!

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

well, since we're posting videos...

http://meemsy.com/v/20163

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It wasn't intended directly at that post…yes, it was rational but still playing off the multitude of irrational posts. My "insane" comment was generally directed at the "not coin op" crowd.

George G. Papoon graciously accepts the Natural Surrealist Party's nomination for President.

not_insane.jpgnot_insane.jpg

AP:
After days of infighting, the NSP settles on perennial candidate Papoon; longtime party opposition leader Mayor William Cudlipp P'nisnose delivers his concession speech (next to the concession stand).
Vice-Presidential nominee George Leroy Tirebiter makes history as the first actor/director VP candidate from a fringe 3rd party.

pnisnose.jpgpnisnose.jpg
Mayor William Cudlipp P'nisnose arrives at the convention, ready for an old-fashioned political mudfight.

#543 9 years ago

Funny, a great medium to use for adding some humour.

#544 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, why not.
» YouTube video

awesome scene.
-mof

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

awesome scene.

Kind of sizes it all up, doesn't it?

#546 9 years ago

Great job on the Hitler video. At least he knows the difference between a coin mech and a coin door!
Mike

#547 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

awesome scene.
-mof

That's one I'd call iconic.

#548 9 years ago

I find this whole thing depressing. In the grand scheme of things, 2 coin mechs are not such a big deal - but it is a very bad mark on PPS customer service that they do not recognize that this this is a legitimate problem (that they created), that the concerns of their customers are valid, and that they need to take whatever steps are necessary to fix it. I doubt many will cancel their orders based on the missing mechs, but people WILL remember what PPS does when the next game comes around.

With all that in mind, here is a simple solution that could satisfy everyone:

PPS has a web store and they sell pinball parts. Everyone needs pinball parts. Rick makes an limited-time-offer to ship a FREE set of coin mechs to each verified MMR customer, providing they place an order in their store with paid shipping (something like a minimum $25 order, +shipping.) When they place the order, they enter in their game number, Rick's people check it off the list so no-one gets more than one set, and ship the coin mechs to the happy customer with their other stuff. After 3 months from the games shipping, the offer expires.

This way, the customers who want coin mechs get them, basically at no extra cost (they were going to buy some Novus, or LEDs, etc). PPS puts an end to this ugly debacle AND gets several hundred new customers ordering direct from their web store. Stern's assembly line is not involved or compromised in any way, customers who don't want or need them won't go to the trouble order them, and PPS does not have to go to a lot of extra expense or effort to provide them to their customers - their packing crew are sending out orders anyway. Everyone wins.

#549 9 years ago

I'm curious, what size coins will fit in the bezels on the coin mech-less doors or depending on the door type, the coin entry plastic/AKA coin entry plate? Asking so if a Canadian customer wants to put a Loon acceptor and a quarter acceptor on the door, will they need to change parts or get out the old hacksaw blade like we used to do in the good old days.

Funny how Bally, Williams, Gottlieb and even present-day Stern manage to ship games with Euro mechs for EU Countries, Pound and Pence acceptors for England, Canadian quarter and Loon acceptors for Canada.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Coin mechs are the things that make a coin operated arcade game a commercial coin operated arcade game. Without them it is not a commercial coin operated arcade game but rather a game strictly for home use, like a zizzle or Sterns "The Pin".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-mmr-communication-its-not-about-the-missing-coin-mechs/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.