(Topic ID: 98940)

PPS / MMR communication - it's NOT about the coin mechs (or is it?)

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 700 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

40478.jpg
Capture.JPG
Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-49-20.png
batman.jpg
cash.jpg
image.jpg
625x465_3483_85994_1338413385.jpg
Going in Circles paint.png
Fullretard.jpg
pnisnose.jpg
not_insane.jpg
DSCN2940.JPG
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg
8223761335_3a5bcf76a4_c.jpg
ironmanlite7.jpg
batmanlite1.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 5 years ago

Ok so original mm back to being worth more then mmr!!!

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ok so original mm back to being worth more then mmr!!!

I think a more accurate assessment is that MMr will never be worth more than $7995. How much MM will be worth will depend on how MMr is received by the community once it actually ships and is in folk's hands.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Or those of us buying a $8,000 advertised replica (excluding licensing issues) of a $3,000 machine back in 1997.

You should be mad at yourself, not PPS. Nobody said it was an exact copy. The original didn't come with a shaker, a beaglebone black, a single giant PCB under the playfield, uncompressed sound, software extensibility, or a color LCD screen either. Go spend $15,000 on a used one if lack of coin mechs are a deal breaker for you.

#454 5 years ago

I've always thought of them as amusement machines, not coin operated machines. But I am definitely amused by some of the comments here

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've said this 50 times.
I'll say it again.
Pinball business people more often than not bend the "rules" to satisfy a customer. If this issue is causing you ulcers, I guarantee if you call your distrib and/or Rick and go apeshit about it - they will give you a full refund OR some coin mechs just to calm you down and make you happy.
Has anyone done this yet!? I'm waiting for someone to say they did it and were told "tough shit".

I sent an email to my distributor. He was surprised it was not coming with coin mechs, as all the other pins they receive do. He told me they would be putting Canadian 1 and 2 dollar mechs in for me, saving me $60. That's customer service!

He could not be sure if it would come with balls though. I thought I heard there may be balls available from PPS for a discount if anyone actually requires them for the game.

#456 5 years ago

Cool that the distributor is doing that. I believe another said he was doing the same in this thread (maybe the same guy).

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I think a more accurate assessment is that MMr will never be worth more than $7995. How much MM will be worth will depend on how MMr is received by the community once it actually ships and is in folk's hands.

You are totally wrong Viper a couple weeks ago a near mint MM sold for $6,250 on eBay and now restored ones can't even get $9,000 a very well known restorer has one on EBay it's been on there for 3 weeks with zero bids I e-mailed him out of curiosity and he said that he would take $7,500 for it because of the new and improved MMR coming out he can't sell restored MM's for what he has into them and I willing to take a loss.
So before you speculate look at the facts,then you won't look so silly to other Pinsiders who know and realize that MM prices have tanked!

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

You are totally wrong Viper a couple weeks ago a near mint MM sold for $6,250 on eBay and now restored ones can't even get $9,000 a very well known restorer has one on EBay it's been on there for 3 weeks with zero bids I e-mailed him out of curiosity and he said that he would take $7,500 for it because of the new and improved MMR coming out he can't sell restored MM's for what he has into them and I willing to take a loss.
So before you speculate look at the facts,then you won't look so silly to other Pinsiders who know and realize that MM prices have tanked!

got any links for these "facts" ?

#459 5 years ago

He was being pretty general and fair. Not like he was saying they were 20k or anything. I read it more in agreement of your point than not.

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

He was being pretty general and fair. Not like he was saying they were 20k or anything. I read it more in agreement of your point than not.

Yes your are correct I looked at it again and may have over reacted?

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

got any links for these "facts" ?

Not sure how to put links up but if you are so nosy about who is Trying to sell there restored MM and can't get one bidder @$9,000 the seller is Keller pinball restorations!

#462 5 years ago

Not sure how to put links up but if you are so nosy about who is Trying to sell there restored MM and can't get one bidder @$9,000 the seller is Keller pinball restorations!

Well that sucks. One thing is for sure. A new or old game done by guys like this is worth more than the price of a NIB off the shelf.

#463 5 years ago

Yes your are correct I looked at it again and may have over reacted?

It's cool. My only point was that the remakes would not be worth more than they are selling for new because of the announcement of the standard ones being made as well. There is no reason for there to be an escalation of the prices of the remakes while new ones are coming out of the factory.

As far as where MM prices will go it will honestly depend on how the remakes are received. If overwhelmingly positive even as an owner I will admit the originals will go much cheaper. If they are found to be lacking in some way, well, Rick may inadvertently drive the prices of the originals even higher than they were before the announcement. Which honestly doesn't impact me either way as I'm happy with the game I have. I guess it might matter if the house burns down and I need to buy a replacement though...

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Just ordered 2 coin mechs from pinball life.
I'm ready for my MMr now........LOL

A premium game such as MMR, should include Imonex Premium coin acceptors. Demand the best.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

A premium game such as MMR, should include Imonex Premium coin acceptors. Demand the best.

i agree with this, but pre order customers have no leverage to demand anything at this point unfortunately. pontential customers that haven't pre ordered have the ability to demand things such as coin mechs. for pps to turn down a potential 8k sale because of this would be border line insanity.

either way, congrats to all that are getting one of these beauties.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i agree with this, but pre order customers have no leverage to demand anything at this point unfortunately. pontential customers that haven't pre ordered have the ability to demand things such as coin mechs. for pps to turn down a potential 8k sale because of this would be border line insanity.

as equally insane as backing out of a $8000 purchase because of a $20 part.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

as equally insane as backing out of a $8000 purchase because of a $20 part.

yes that would be insane because it would cost the pre order customer the loss of a 1000$ deposit. as for a potential customer it would cost nothing but a 2 minute conversation over the phone. i am glad you are in agreement with me.

#468 5 years ago

Even more insane is spending $8000 on something you haven't even seen yet.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even more insane is spending $8000 on something you haven't even seen yet.

I actually played it at Texas Pinball Fest. And the only difference I noticed is that is was a lot faster than the original and the lights were way better!

#470 5 years ago

I actually played it at Texas Pinball Fest. And the only difference I noticed is that is was a lot faster than the original and the lights were way better!

Oh and the flippers and bumpers were very strong and responsive besides those few things it played exactly like an Original MM.

#471 5 years ago

That's cool. Those are the only pics I saw, but it had the Williams logo on the translite if I remember correctly. I was thinking there might be some pics of the finished unit out there somewhere, but haven't seen any.

#472 5 years ago

The 'Thunderbirds' pinball machine will be shipped WITH coin mechs

/me does happy dance

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

/me does happy dance

…but not to the US. lol

#474 5 years ago

How's that coming along anyway? I kind of lost track after the shitstorm and knowing they would not be available here. I thought it was a great idea, but not many here seemed too enthused. I loved that show.

#475 5 years ago

@ rarehero, you guys don't deserve one :p

@ O-din, Homepin is keeping things under wraps, the machine is supposed to ship July 2015
If you want to keep up join one of the Australian forums

#476 5 years ago

@ rarehero, you guys don't deserve one :p

I wouldn't want one. Creepy puppets, made in China, Mike's a jerk….plenty of other pinballs to enjoy.

#477 5 years ago

@ O-din, Homepin is keeping things under wraps, the machine is supposed to ship July 2015
If you want to keep up join one of the Australian forums

Rarehero may not deserve one, but I do. That show was part of me. I never really knew when it was coming on, but always found it. I was a five year old kid watching the original Spiderman and Fantastic Four cartoons, but the Thunderbirds just blew that all away.

Where there's a will there's a way, as I always say...

#478 5 years ago

O-din, nothing stopping you from buying one in Australia and getting it shipped
But the Australian dealers have not been announced yet

#479 5 years ago

I want to see it first. lol. But I think one of those kits where you put it together yourself would be really cool.
Are you getting one?

#480 5 years ago

I cant remember, were Canadians also left out of the Thunderbirds equation?

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I want to see it first. lol. But I think one of those kits where you put it together yourself would be really cool.
Are you getting one?

He is no longer offering it as a kit, an insurance issue

Yes, I am getting one. Paid in full

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I cant remember, were Canadians also left out of the Thunderbirds equation?

Did Canadians get Transformers? Megatron doesn't like them.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did Canadians get Transformers? Megatron doesn't like them.
» YouTube video

Awesome, did i see a wet spot?

#484 5 years ago

I think Bumper Action should be the primary seller of Thunderbirds.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

And why would that be?

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Bumper III The Rise of the Missing Machines.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Bumper III The Rise of the Missing Machines.

I think we are up to Bumper IV now

And the blame is with Bumper II

#488 5 years ago

I think we are up to Bumper IV now
And the blame is with Bumper II

When it hits VI SELL.

#489 5 years ago

And why would that be?

I think that was good old fashioned American sarcasm.
No one does sarcasm like the Americans. Except maybe the British.

#490 5 years ago

Now that I have been banned from the other thread, let's put this entire coin mech. issue into mathematical terms to see if this is really about a serious issue with the way Rick treated us or just about certain individuals who love to complain and are frankly never satisfied.

Coin mech cost = $20.
MMR cost = $8000.
% to total = .25%

So in dollar terms this is a .25% concern. So basically Rick is a .25% flawed man regarding the overall build of MMR. Given the size of the project, I would say that is impressive. Why any individual cannot understand this is flat out depressing. This is not a fortune 500 company, this is a small company working with a lot of moving parts, trying to communicate to a bunch of touchy men. Rather than attack or even express concern, sometimes its better to try and imagine walking in that individuals shoes.............You may see he is doing the best he can and his "best" is better than "99.75%" of individuals if they had to do the same task.

#491 5 years ago

The Homepin licensed Hankin cocktail tables are nearly ready to go.

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Where do I find them?

#493 5 years ago

Oh and the flippers and bumpers were very strong and responsive besides those few things it played exactly like an Original MM.

Were you able to play it early on the first day of the show, or some other time before there was a lot of load on the circuits? Just curious because there were a number of reports (including Rick himself) that the flippers were weak for most of the show.

#494 5 years ago

BigBoy never played it. He is another troll account from a user whose main focus appears to be trying to alter the percieved value of original MM and now recently CC.

check his recent activity and if you want to research it more there are threads where it is shown he posts during normal hours of activity in US but claims to now be from Germany, LOL.

Watch, he will predictably give me a thumbs down as he does many of my posts. Pretty predictable troll if you ask me.

#495 5 years ago

here is his other main account
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/hondanut
last used on 23 June

bigboy signed up on 25 June
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/bigboythursday

Bigboy created after he realized he was not being effective with hondanut user profile. Hondanut claimed to have sold 2 MMs for 6k a while back.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok. Then why not just do whatever Stern does?

Because what Stern does is bad business. They include unnecessary, irrelevant and/or unusable (for the particular buyer) parts on certain machines when they really don't have to. Waste of $.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Because what Stern does is bad business. They include unnecessary, irrelevant and/or unusable (for the particular buyer) parts on certain machines when they really don't have to. Waste of $.

On the Tron LEs they attempted to do this with the single coin door and people shit a brick.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BigBoy never played it. He is another troll account from a user whose main focus appears to be trying to alter the percieved value of original MM and now recently CC.

I think you are on to something there. If I'm not mistaken I think he was the person that was claiming that "hundreds" of people had played the game since the flipper option was added which made no sense since it's only been at 2 open houses since then, and the attendance was reported to be pretty low at both.

#499 5 years ago

So when does the game hit the line? Original announcement last Oct had it in production late Spring. The pile of pitchforks and torches is still warm from JJP....

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're deflecting. You're super mad about this and you don't even know what a coin mech is or how it functions. It's just the thingie that the coin falls through. You literally pop it in. There are no connectors. It has nothing to do with the plug out connector or software. It's a standard part of a standard Happ coin door. Yes, I understand this is a thread about being pissed about it missing....but for fuck sake, at least understand what you're mad about.

Hilarious. Who's deflecting? I know what a coin mech is and your condescending nature is douchy to be sure, yet you have deflected and defended ppr without addressing the issue. If it is just a question of popping in a $20 part then why is it so hard for pps to deliver a working commercial coin operated pinball machine? I know you blew $8k on one of these and you have a hard on for this Rick guy, so you are naturally defensive in a way like panzer is with WOZ, but seriously? And I'm not super mad, so much as I'm mildly perturbed. Now go get your shine box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 229.99
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside