Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by frolic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I want to give a shout out to PPS. My wife had health issues come up that will make it impossible for me to complete my MMR purchase anytime soon. I sent an email to PPS and 5 days later I had a check on my desk for my MMR deposit. Their quick response took a small amount of stress away. I appreciate it, and when things are turned around in a year or two, I will purchase from them.

Thanks again, PPS!

#2 9 years ago

Good to hear (about PPS). Hope and pray things work out for your wife. Thanks for posting.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Rad. Lumbar spinal fusion surgery, which led to a stent to repair an artery damaged during spine surgery. However, she is doing well so far in the early stages of recovery. She loves playing pinball so once she is recovered physically and I'm recovered financially, a MMR will be in the works.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from jazc4:

Thanks Rad. Lumbar spinal fusion surgery, which led to a stent to repair an artery damaged during spine surgery. However, she is doing well so far in the early stages of recovery. She loves playing pinball so once she is recovered physically and I'm recovered financially, a MMR will be in the works.

Glad to hear that she is on the road to recovery. All the best to the both of you!

#5 9 years ago

Bullshit. 3 weeks here and still no check.

#6 9 years ago

1 month here and still no check from Twisted pins. Getting really worried about this.

#7 9 years ago

I requested a refund June 8. I will post when it arrives.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from matt_assassin:

1 month here and still no check from Twisted pins. Getting really worried about this.

I would contact PPS and let them know that one of their distributors has dropped the ball. Given previous problems with the company, IMO nobody should ever give them any money upfront. They have had similar issues with not returning loaned parts, failed wwater topper remake and not returning funds in a timely manner, and now this.

Seems pretty bad that they would not return MMR deposits for over amonth but have been on here numerous times showing off the taxi spinout ramps they are working on. Makes me question if deposits for MMR are floating other business ventures???

#9 9 years ago

Sh*t thats who I sent my deposit to. Never got a any kind of paperwork either. Obviously I have the cancelled check but I am not feeling great right now.

#10 9 years ago

Post edited by moderator: Trolling post deleted

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Sure is a lot of cancelling going on with MMr... are they even going to sell 500?

Not canceling just want to know the vendor is good. For those three canceling above I know 3 other local friends jumping in. They will sell.
    The guys I know around here are players and not collectors and the thought of their favorite games being made brand new has every one very excited.

#12 9 years ago

I got my refund for MMR within 5 days from JJP.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from matt_assassin:

His refund was issued several weeks ago via check and sent to the address he provided. Soon after this post he now won't reply to any emails in regards to his claim of no refund.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sh*t thats who I sent my deposit to. Never got a any kind of paperwork either. Obviously I have the cancelled check but I am not feeling great right now.

Your order is fine but if you want a full refund today give me a call and I'll send you a check today. Have plenty of people in line who want a MMR.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not canceling just want to know the vendor is good. For those three canceling above I know 3 other local friends jumping in. They will sell.
    The guys I know around here are players and not collectors and the thought of their favorite games being made brand new has every one very excited.

Quoted from TwistedPins:

Your order is fine but if you want a full refund today give me a call and I'll send you a check today. Have plenty of people in line who want a MMR.

Nope, I am in! If anything I just talked to another friend that will want one. Thanks for the quick response.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems pretty bad that they would not return MMR deposits for over amonth but have been on here numerous times showing off the taxi spinout ramps they are working on. Makes me question if deposits for MMR are floating other business ventures???

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. All MMR deposits are sent directly to PPS from us. We don't hold onto them at all. Might want to get your facts 100% correct before you start posting this stuff. Why don't you call Rick and he will tell you the same thing. All of the MMR deposits are sitting in a trust account held by PPS.

#16 9 years ago

Your past history and duplicate accounts on pinside to hide previous issues precede you. You have proven time and time again that you struggle with putting out a solid product in a timely manner and have numerous times taken money in advance with no product to show for it. You have also borrowed parts from other collectors and held on to them for FAR too long, only returning them after public lashings.

So, you are saying Matt AssAssin is just lying about his refund? If that is the case, then blame him.

#17 9 years ago

Twisted Pins is fine. Not sure why everyone panics, you all know who he is, and that he is active with parts, does things under our license, etc. Sometimes it takes a few days to respond to people, sometimes it takes a few more days for people to write a check, sometimes a few more days to get delivered. Sometimes things get lost, etc.

Hilton ... you are anything but the moral authority here ...

rick

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Your past history and duplicate accounts on pinside to hide previous issues precede you. You have proven time and time again that you struggle with putting out a solid product in a timely manner and have numerous times taken money in advance with no product to show for it. You have also borrowed parts from other collectors and held on to them for FAR too long, only returning them after public lashings.
    So, you are saying Matt AssAssin is just lying about his refund? If that is the case, then blame him.

I am not going to go back and forth with you as clearly you know everything based on how you jump in on every single thread.

So besides the Whitewater issue please inform me of the "numerous" times I have taken money in advance and then had an issue delivering the product. Oh that's right you can't because we haven't! Also refunds were issued for to all the Whitewater buyers who choose to return the topper.

And I have never asked to borrow a part from collectors. Those people reached out to me on their own accord to see if I could help them in getting their parts remade which the efforts were unsuccessful.

#19 9 years ago

Just finish making the damn parts you previously committed to, don't take money in advance when you can't deliver in a reasonable time (proactively refund when issues arrise> don't wait on others to track you down), and respond more timely to customers requesting refunds and everything will take care of itself.

I wish you the best and am happy to see someone else taking on the making of needed pinball parts, but you have a ways to go in the PR department.

#20 9 years ago

Why is it that this below immediately gets deleted (you need to delete the quotes too, mod) .. but similar statements made about JJP going belly up, or similar statements about selling out STLE in other threads are left alone? Is there something different about MMR that it gets added protection from commentary that is fine for other subjects? This below is a very valid comment.. I've seen plenty of cancellations and truly wonder if they will hit their 1000 target now. It is perfectly valid discussion.

"teekee said: Sure is a lot of cancelling going on with MMr... are they even going to sell 500?"

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just finish making the damn parts you previously committed to, don't take money in advance when you can't deliver in a reasonable time (proactively refund when issues arrise> don't wait on others to track you down), and respond more timely to customers requesting refunds and everything will take care of itself.
    I wish you the best and am happy to see someone else taking on the making of needed pinball parts, but you have a ways to go in the PR department.

You really need to get laid more often, Hilton.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You really need to get laid more often, Hilton.

Don't we all?!?

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Why is it that this below immediately gets deleted (you need to delete the quotes too, mod) .. but similar statements made about JJP going belly up, or similar statements about selling out STLE in other threads are left alone? Is there something different about MMR that it gets added protection from commentary that is fine for other subjects? This below is a very valid comment.. I've seen plenty of cancellations and truly wonder if they will hit their 1000 target now. It is perfectly valid discussion.
    "teekee said: Sure is a lot of cancelling going on with MMr... are they even going to sell 500?"

coming from Teekee it is trolling based on his past desire to stir things up. Coming from you it is phrased as a solid point/question for discussion.

1 week later
    #24 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I requested a refund June 8. I will post when it arrives.

Refund received June 23. I was also sent an email confirmation a few days after my request letting me know it was being processed. All in all a good experience. I hope to be a buyer later. thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-deposit-refund-quick-and-easy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.