View topic image gallery

286531-i.png
MMRLE-FRONT.jpg
image-885.jpg
BBBBBBbbr-.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-918.jpg
image-256.jpg

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Okay now I'm totally confused. But again, I've never had the chance to play a BBB.
My current Kindle (not a fire) is my Pinball Arcade device. I have STNG, MM, TZ, CP, etc, etc. You're saying that Capcom stuff is harder to emulate than these? I'm having trouble putting this together. I don't think Capcom code has anything to do with PA stuff. They've got the physics of the ball and reaction of the table down. I'm thinking if anything it might be licensing?

the TPA people said they had trouble emulating the Capcom chips in real time with early iPhone / iPad hardware.

(Edit: yeah what metallic said)

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Capcom MPU runs a Motorola 68000 series 16-bit CPU. WPC and Whitestar run a 2mhz 6809 8-bit CPU. That, along with other things, is why Capcoms take more horsepower to emulate. The physics aren't emulated; that's a simulation.

What does this mean for the new Planetary operating system?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Where did Rick say this? I'd like to read it.

I would like to read this as well. Or maybe Rick can just chime in.

....Rick?

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I would like to read this as well. Or maybe Rick can just chime in.
....Rick?

Yeah - Where's that reference? I've been combing Pinside for it. He said he bought the parts and his partner bought Illinois Pinball, but Illinois Pinball didn't produce BBB, Pinball Manufacturing did. Illinois Pinball couldn't make it because of the agreement Gene had with Williams at the time NOT to make pinball machines. What is the status of Pinball Manufacturing?

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yeah - Where's that reference? I've been combing Pinside for it. He said he bought the parts and his partner bought Illinois Pinball, but Illinois Pinball didn't produce BBB, Pinball Manufacturing did. Illinois Pinball couldn't make it because of the agreement Gene had with Williams at the time NOT to make pinball machines. What is the status of Pinball Manufacturing?

+1

More bullshit Pinside speculation as usual.

By the way, where's Rick?

.....Rick?!!

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I think it was more about Gene creating legal entities to separate stuff more than anything else. The team that built BBB was formed for and dissolved after BBB was made.

#308 9 years ago

We had the chance of playing one once, not our cup of tea.

#309 9 years ago

next pinball to be remake is not BBB, it's NBA Fast break

#310 9 years ago

Look harder he made it clear the he can make it if he wants to

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Look harder he made it clear the he can make it if he wants to

You look harder - I'm sure he didn't say it. I wonder WHY we can't find the reference? And if he didn't say it...

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

If Rick could sell 300 for $8000 each he could sell 300 for $12000 each.

Or he could sell 150 for $15,000 each.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Capcom MPU runs a Motorola 68000 series 16-bit CPU. WPC and Whitestar run a 2mhz 6809 8-bit CPU. That, along with other things, is why Capcoms take more horsepower to emulate. The physics aren't emulated; that's a simulation.

Typical 68000 emulators only require 11 MIPS CPUs, and modern ARM CPUs are 35 Mips per core, so I don't see that Pinball Arcade would have an issue with Capcom emulation.

#314 9 years ago

Count me out. That thread was the last straw for me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-must-read

Won't buy anything PPS related, whatever the price.

Love BBB... if I really want one, guess I will have to save for the real thing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Typical 68000 emulators only require 11 MIPS CPUs, and modern ARM CPUs are 35 Mips per core, so I don't see that Pinball Arcade would have an issue with Capcom emulation.

yeah ok except they aren't simply emulating the processor -- they are also simulating real-world physics and rendering a ton of polygons in a 3D environment at the same time. plus whatever overhead the OS consumes.

#316 9 years ago

How dare they control their intellectual property rights!
Go ahead and pay more to some one jacking up the price for an old game and for huge profits. That makes more sense???

#317 9 years ago

teekee said:
Well, once I broke the news that BBBr will NEVER happen they started talking about something they actually know a LITTLE about... Mexican food.
What do most people do when they're depressed? Eat!

Teekee ... you are not connected into the places to know what can or cannot or is or is not. We can make just about anything we decide to make. if there are issues with anything we have enough connections, good will, $ (if needed), knowledge, capability, and other assets to make just about anything we want to make ... so it would be better for your reputation (which sounds like it is only bolstered if you create controversy without having any basis) .

rick

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Count me out. That thread was the last straw for me:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-must-read
Won't buy anything PPS related, whatever the price.
Love BBB... if I really want one, guess I will have to save for the real thing.

Thanks for posting that. I had no idea until I read the thread. I'm with you! I won't be buying anything from PPS out of principal. I've had dealings with Rick in the past and he rubbed me wrong then too.

#319 9 years ago

I dont care, needs me a BBB and hopefully a Kingpin.

#320 9 years ago

I $4500 like bbb

#321 9 years ago

I say they should just make them in secret. Sell them for $15k or whatever people are paying for them, and slowly leak them into the public for stupid ass money. GO THEM!!!! If it wasn't for pinsides willingness to throw money into the wind, Stern and other pinball companies wouldn't flourish. Kudos to you pinside. Job well done!

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I $4500 like bbb

"In 2004, Gene Cunningham of Illinois Pinball Inc. (IPB) declared plans to produce a "remake" of this game, initially announced to be a production of 101 machines but eventually increased to 183 units"
-IPDB

You got the price right but you're a decade too late.

#323 9 years ago

I'd rather have a RETRO ATOMIC ZOMBIE ADVENTURELAND.
BBB is neat and fun though in it's own ways.
I liked Kingpin more but beat it at the NPM when it was there...

#324 9 years ago

I'm in

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it wasn't for pinsides willingness to throw money into the wind, Stern and other pinball companies wouldn't flourish. Kudos to you pinside. Job well done!

So you *don't* want new pinball machines? That seems like the high prices of new in box would be an ideal situation for you since you don't want new machines. Everyone else pay $8K and you snap up all the old ones that the other guys have to sell for their NIB.

#326 9 years ago

Like Rockford from Boulderdash, I'm standing here tapping my foot waiting for the reference to Rick owning the rights to make Capcom...

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Like Rockford from Boulderdash, I'm standing here tapping my foot waiting for the reference to Rick owning the rights to make Capcom...

I've been waiting too Al.

Dreaming and speculation is so much easier than providing actual facts, I guess.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

So you *don't* want new pinball machines? That seems like the high prices of new in box would be an ideal situation for you since you don't want new machines. Everyone else pay $8K and you snap up all the old ones that the other guys have to sell for their NIB.

No, I want to see new machines. They are doing a great job keeping orders filled. Keep up the great work fellas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-bbb-remake-list-of-buyers-at-8000/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.