View topic image gallery

286531-i.png
MMRLE-FRONT.jpg
image-885.jpg
BBBBBBbbr-.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-918.jpg
image-256.jpg
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 10 years ago

Thanks, kim.

Well it seems a bit more info is coming out. If gene indeed owns a piece that PPS would have to buy to remake BBB I would see that as merely an additional cost. Could be time, could be money - but with a chapter 11 rumor to top it off it feels like $$ could make BBB happen.

Being an owner - these pinheads don't normally buy shallow, novelty games. So, even though it seems from a few to be enthusiasm for the title, i don't think people would buy BBB if given a choice between that and a solid WPC95 game. It's just the rarity that gets it into high end collections.

I mean I would LOVE King Kong to be remade- but as soon as it was not rare it would be more 'meh' to me unless I really liked the title. But in this case I do...so consider this a request for making King Kong

#102 10 years ago

If Gene did indeed file for bankruptcy, wouldn't him selling the Capcom rights almost be a foregone conclusion?

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If Gene did indeed file for bankruptcy, wouldn't him selling the Capcom rights almost be a foregone conclusion?

My guess is it's a "personal" bankruptcy and possibly Illinois Pinball (probable owner of Capcom rights) is a separate entity if he set everything up correctly.

#104 10 years ago

My guess is he would own the rights personally to ensure their safety. Bad things can happen to corporations.

So..no, bankruptcy would not mean selling the rights is a foregone conclusion. On the other hand in bankruptcy different things happen-reading the filing would probably shed more light. It should be public. Probably best to not post links here though. Just google it up for yourself.

If he did sell the rights ... Say to me for $20,000...the game would not get remade. I am just using that as a for instance. Anyone who wanted it to NOT get remade might be able to pony up a relatively small amount and get it secured. Very interesting to speculate

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Being an owner - these pinheads don't normally buy shallow, novelty games. So, even though it seems from a few to be enthusiasm for the title, i don't think people would buy BBB if given a choice between that and a solid WPC95 game. It's just the rarity that gets it into high end collections

Nope. BBB is as good or better than most WPC95s. The only ones I'd say are definitely better are AFM, MM and SC. MB, CV, SS and CC (stock) are about equivalent. BBB is much more fun than CP, Congo and JY, but then again there's a lot of Data East titles that are better than those..

BBB has a lot going for it, and yes, you can play through it quickly because you can start modes even during multiballs. Set it hard and it'd a fun, quick game instead of the slogfest MM can be when set too easy.

#106 10 years ago

Congo smokes BBB by a mile.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Man, did you hit the nail on the head, Kim. People are always so quick to put down games that they can't afford. I bet half the people that ordered MMRs had it rated at a 5 or below prior to the announcement.

Indeed. There are more than a few people that I could call out on that issue, but it's not worth it.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It's an asset, so yes, it would pretty much be required unless he worked out some type of deal with the creditors where he wouldn't have to do that. Then again, I don't know the specifics of the Bankruptcy. Are we talking about him personally filing bankruptcy, or his company?

Edit: didn't see this post. Agreed:

Quoted from pkiefert:

My guess is it's a "personal" bankruptcy and possibly Illinois Pinball (probable owner of Capcom rights) is a separate entity if he set everything up correctly.

#111 10 years ago

I'd be in if it sold in the $2-3K range. Game play leaves a lot to be desired on BBB IMO. I'd be buying it based purely on its artistic merits.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Congo smokes BBB by a mile.

I own a BBB and owned a Congo for over two years, and have played both over a thousand times each. You are very, very wrong.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

BBB was made by Pinball Manufacturing Inc. (PMI), a company that has no assets and only exists on paper now. PMI was created because IPB is not allowed to make pinball machines because of their agreement with WMS to only make parts.

That's exactly the way I understood the situation.

Regardless, I would not be in for any BBB remake.

#114 10 years ago

I'm in at $6500 most I can go.... So I'm in for resale in a few years.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see this happening. I don't think Rick will be running tons of titles at bargain prices. $8k is what we should expect for anything. Its no cheaper to make a Fish Tales than a MM. Further, Rick has been ramping up on parts for MM for a while and selling them in his stores. The parts for Capcom games seem hardly available. Rick doesn't own the rights to Capcom. I don't see any BBB happening. Further, I don't see PPS making many more remakes. Afm maybe. Mb maybe. That's probably it. Doubt demand is even there for $8k CC that can't run continued. We aren't going to be seeing every title new at $5-6k. Just wont happen.

This.

#117 10 years ago

I still love going back and watching your DVD Al.... probably in a great part due to my somehow not finding the cash at the time and jumping on board. I could have been making that uber cool road trip too... with my own bag of Combos.

- Don

Quoted from awarner:

Incidentally, I announced the date that the BBBs would be released. Here is the posted announcement from the original BBB forum (OK, the 2nd BBB forum):
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteEdit/Delete this post
I just got off the phone with Gene:
June 2nd is Pick-Up Day!

#118 10 years ago

Why buy at 8K? Obviously, the real ones will drop to 2-3K after the new one comes out. I'll just pick up one of those then.

#119 10 years ago

I don't think there are as many BBB fans out there as MM. Too few played in the wild. You'd be rolling the dice for 8K. 6K will likely spark a lot more interest but I still think it'll be more limited than MMr.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

It makes me giggle that people don't know what my history with Gene and IPB has been over the years and then ignore what I've written. There was no speculation in what I said...

They won't listen to me either Al.

You would think that they would know who you are.

Kim and I were talking about you the other day and your awesome contribution to the BBB project.

You guys recorded pinball history in the making!

#121 10 years ago

"I own a BBB and owned a Congo for over two years, and have played both over a thousand times each. You are very, very wrong."

Hmmm. I have them next to each other. Congo is better. Maybe you should revisit? I am never very very wrong. A little wrong maybe.

#122 10 years ago

LOL hey if you like Congo that's cool. I loved the music (put a sub in it... the diamond hunt tune rocks). Just got tired of the rules and the underplayfield toy. BBB is more varied, love the 2bank multiball, and backhanding the ramp during the tube hurryup mode.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Nope. BBB is as good or better than most WPC95s.

TZ just wiped its butt with BBB.

#124 10 years ago

This looks like a good time for a Bacon joke...

image-918.jpgimage-918.jpg
#125 10 years ago

Bbb is just not that fun. Beautifull, true, decend gameplay for locations. But as a home pin?

Meh.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TZ just wiped its butt with BBB.

That's nice. TZ is a good game. TZ also isn't a WPC95.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

TZ also isn't a WPC95.

Damn, you got me, but BBB is a donkey compared to pretty much any WPC or WPC95 game, its artwork is unreal but the gameplay still is

edit- I wouldnt even trade my Centaur for a BBB, $ wise yes Im stupid, gameplay wise Centaur wipes its rear end as well with the BBB

#128 10 years ago

Congo game play blows BBB away. Congo is very well balanced scoring wise. you can play multiballs, "amy", gray, mysteries via zinj saucer or maps ala ramp/saucer. plus video modes galore that are random.

BBB= shoot ramp and drops over and over....lol

many people who comment negatively on game play of machines don't have their games properly set up to enjoy the challenge, or haven't played game X and game Y enough each to compare fairly.
it is of course, opinion thow..

#129 10 years ago

I have a BBB, Congo and a Centaur. I love them all.
But TZ?... not so much... Sent it packing years ago and have never missed it.

Opinions guys, we all got em.

Kim

#130 10 years ago

That video told me enough. Cool sounds great art but looks extremely clunky shooting wise. I know just a video go play it but it just looked sort of boring. 8000 no way it's not that exciting honestly.

Thank you very much for the history lesson awarner for some of us new to the hobbie everything is rumor nice to hear the truth for once.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But TZ?... not so much... Sent it packing years ago and have never missed it.
Opinions guys, we all got em.

Spot on Kim, same here - sold TZ six months after I bought it - and the last three un-played months till I found time to bother putting it on ebay.....

For those that have formed opinions of BBB from picture and videos - kudos to you, way more perception than I have, I'm obviously too limited in imagination and actually need to *play* a game to form an opinion. Makes it more expensive than the lucky ones who can do so from videos.

Having lived with BBB since 2007, I have yet to find it boring....sure some rule tweaking (like having to complete a mode to progress) would be worthwhile to make it harder to reach Big Bang - oh, but what a wizard mode Big Bang is!! One of the best ever, and starting it with the game dark but for the black light - nothing like it.

#132 10 years ago

Yes and don't get me wrong. BBB is a top ten pin for me. But remember I am a newb to the hobby as well. I have only played TZ once.

Edit- and like kim said - i love Congo , definite top ten for me. Lots of people don't feel that way. To me it, like AFM or AC/DC , represent evrything good and cool in pinball.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I agree 40%. BBB has much better artwork and a top-notch theme compared to the other Capcoms. I doubt it would be economical to build compared to AFM, but I think it would sell a decent amount.

Didn't Gene break his back building those machines? Great job on them but seriously would he want to do that again? But hey if he gives the nod count me in.

AFM for sure!! I'd be on the prepay list for that too...In fact honestly if pressed between the two I would choose AFM. The flow and gameplay is more my taste anyway.

#136 10 years ago

IN

#139 10 years ago

So are you saying there is in fact some quagmire that will likely prevent BBB ?

What is TOG ?

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

So are you saying there is in fact some quagmire that will likely prevent BBB ?
What is TOG ?

Is it possible for a remake? Sure, anything is possible. Is it probable, the answer is a huge no. The remake is such a long shot to happen I don't even know where to begin nor do I wish too.

Like Al, Gene has been nothing but kind to me and I don't wish to be negative. That said its no secret there is a lot of industry bad blood and burned bridges here. Nobody wants to touch this project and with good reason.

Kim

#141 10 years ago

TOG is Fred Fyfe. TOG was his handle and it stood for "The Other Guy". - I'll let Al (awarner) fill in the details as he is the best informed.

Kim

#142 10 years ago

Here's my take. If someone came up to me today and offered me a BBB for $10K, with the caveat that I couldn't sell it, I'd probably buy it. I really like the game, and it would be very cool to own something so rare. If however, PPS were to remake the game at $8K, I doubt I'd buy one. Once the game exists in much larger quantities, it loses much of its allure. Does that make any sense?

#143 10 years ago

Yes. But it is the only alien bar themed dmd right?

#145 10 years ago

The winner of day post. - 18

image-742.jpgimage-742.jpg

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is it possible for a remake? Sure, anything is possible. Is it probable, the answer is a huge no. The remake is such a long shot to happen I don't even know where to begin nor do I wish too.
Like Al, Gene has been nothing but kind to me and I don't wish to be negative. That said its no secret there is a lot of industry bad blood and burned bridges here. Nobody wants to touch this project and with good reason.
Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

Kim is so right. There was a time when everyone hated Gene. He wasn't making parts, he hadn't inventoried parts, stuff was drying up and all fingers were pointing at him (right or wrong).

He says he's making BBB. Again the bad guy. He'll never make it, it'll be a piece of crap, etc. It was suppose to take 6 months and actually takes over 2 years. Fumes for the fire.

Releases an excellent product at a loss (partially caused by himself, but at a loss nonetheless). He's finally the darling of the pinball world and rightfully so.

The loss causes lots of problems and when people try and help, he makes poor choices that burn bridges. The problem is, there is no recovery possible at this stage. If anyone would want to take on the project they would be walking into lawsuits and bankruptcies and such. Like I said before, if you want a BBB, buy the next one you can find at any price. There will be no $8K BBBs unless one gets caught in a fire and you are buying the charred remains!

#148 10 years ago

"Croc Cruncher" for $200

Quoted from awarner:

Now, I've got to get back to playing my "Crocodile Puncher"...

#149 10 years ago

Watching Gene's talk at Expo at the time was absolutely convincing that he was committed to making BBB. That was sincerity and desire. Yes, he lost a ton of money but he did what he promised to do.

Quoted from awarner:

He'll never make it, it'll be a piece of crap, etc. It was suppose to take 6 months and actually takes over 2 years. Fumes for the fire.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's my take. If someone came up to me today and offered me a BBB for $10K, with the caveat that I couldn't sell it, I'd probably buy it. I really like the game, and it would be very cool to own something so rare. If however, PPS were to remake the game at $8K, I doubt I'd buy one. Once the game exists in much larger quantities, it loses much of its allure. Does that make any sense?

Of course it makes sense, and the same thing will apply to MMr (but to a lesser degree).

I mean I personally do not agree with your conclusion (i.e., I would most certainly still buy a BBBr at $8k) but the idea of the pin losing some of it's allure/mystique goes without saying since there would be so many of them available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-bbb-remake-list-of-buyers-at-8000/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.