View topic image gallery

286531-i.png
MMRLE-FRONT.jpg
image-885.jpg
BBBBBBbbr-.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-918.jpg
image-256.jpg
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 10 years ago

That will never happen lol

#52 10 years ago

I'm out. How about a Centaur for $4000 with upgrades. I would be all over that.

#53 10 years ago

I recall not long ago there we those who swore they would never ever ever remake MM.

My point...ya never know.

#54 10 years ago

I will go 10k on that one if needed.. count me in.

#55 10 years ago

Count me in.

#56 10 years ago

Nah, $7000 I would

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So no remake has been confirmed, and may never happen.
However PPS has repeatedly teased about Capcom parts and similarities... Speculation is very high that one day or another... BBB could very likely be reissued.
IF IT WAS... And they made 1000 at $8000: Would you buy one?
If yes, add your name and a number to the list. Perhaps a thread with 200+ buyers would... Grease the wheels...
1. Bakushan

$7k, and you got me!

#58 10 years ago

You're smokin' crack aren't you? If there were that many Capcom parts/boards out there to make 1000 Big Bang Bars, Gene would have done it when he had the opportunity.

Quoted from Jared:

However PPS has repeatedly teased about Capcom parts and similarities... Speculation is very high that one day or another... BBB could very likely be reissued.
If yes, add your name and a number to the list. Perhaps a thread with 200+ buyers would... Grease the wheels...
1. Bakushan

#59 10 years ago

Good luck on that one

#60 10 years ago

I know BBB is expensive because they made something around 250 ,I have my preorder of MM I just want to know if BBB is funny game like MM,how is the game,how many ball,what is the the big attrack?video mode cool?something different than the other game?
Just want to know

#61 10 years ago

Play it.

I think it's one of the most beautiful pinballs ever.

I also love the game play. Hello, it has a black light. Epic.

Hoping someone helps me get one for $8k or less.

You may call me nuts...

But if I made the same thread about MM a year ago you guys would be calling me crazy too. Thumbs down and everything.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I keep playing BBB every year and I keep not getting the fascination???
8k.....no
7k.....no
6k.....no
Just seems like another 2k pin to me (on the fun factor and ignoring the rarity).

My feelings exactly. A fine game, but I don't like it anywhere near enough to drop that kind of coin on it. And it is probably one of the 2k machines I wouldn't buy. I totally get that others have a different opinion on it. There are folks that would jump all day to be in at 8k. I'm just not one of them.

#63 10 years ago

BBB for $2000? And wouldn't buy? LOL....

Meanwhile Baywatch sells for $1500 often and it's cool? LOL...

I have seen a Black Night go for $2000+

Y'all are crazy.

I paid $1200 for a Data East TMNT and then sank another $500 into it.

$2000. lol

Whatever.

The game is awesome. I would pay $30 just to stand in a room where I could look at one. Oh wait, I already did last year.

#64 10 years ago

I'd be in not at $10000 aud though

#65 10 years ago

Gene filed Chapter 11 in April, how is Kingpin ever to see the light of day ?

#66 10 years ago

If it is true that WMS bought the license for BBB at the very end, then PPS could do it.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

For 3000$ , i am in .
Gameplay is as boring as MMs gameplay is. ( yes, i have played them both several times)

Wow! you played them both several times is that like 3 or 4 games?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

The original BBB remake sold 191 copies. At the time, I suspect most people had never played a BBB because only 14 originals existed. IMHO this is why interest in the BBB remake was so limited. If another BBB remake was announced, I think it would sell a lot better.
Keep in mind, 4000 + original MM's were produced. And, an extra 1000 remakes sold in less than a day. With 205 BBB (total originals and remakes) in the world, it seems like there is an opening in the market for more.
Just my 2 cents,
Tom

You humble opinion is wrong.

They made as many as they had boards for.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Who says?
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Well the current MM board set won't run P-ROC. Unless they do something different for CCC or P-ROC gets onboard, I don't see CCC happening.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

1. Bakushan

you're brother

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mm-3000-5000

why not of mustang Eléonore of 8000 $

stopped smoking or product changes

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well the current MM board set won't run P-ROC. Unless they do something different for CCC or P-ROC gets onboard, I don't see CCC happening.

...unless they do something different....

Quoted from PPS:

:
- PPS license code discussion: we have several agreements with WMS, but what I am trying to do as we had mentioned in the seminar is two things: a) be able to modify and release 'fix' versions which fix annoying things in the code, and then it needs to be controlled (usually 'sold' with holograms on the chips is the way that WMS has preferred and does not add much to the cost). b) support major code changes/completions - which is a little more tricky as there is more to check, more to manage, more time to spend. I think we have a framework with WMS legal as to how we can do this and discussed further with their attorneys at the show - who were interested enough in pinball to show up and were pretty excited about the MMR reaction, etc - which is good ...
- Things like CC code extensions, I have a compile of CC with extensions that was done years ago, not sure exactly which extensions, but I think many of the missing completion stuff. So, IF hypethetically if there were a CC remake (which I'm not saying there is anything), then the original code, or the extension would be the base, and then possibly we could do more if there was a good way to do more in order to 'complete' the game. Given I'm not really sure what that is and what it would cost, no idea.

#72 10 years ago

we have CC compiled with extensions that was done years ago ... we have the entire WMS OS and source code and compile environement which works, so we 'could' do things like finish CC, etc. As they say 'it's just a matter of programming' ...

#73 10 years ago

Sign me up for a CC with finished code!

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sign me up for a CC with finished code!

Exactly!

#75 10 years ago

I'm in for BBB and CC.

#76 10 years ago

I think MM is the only remake title that can pull $8k at volume. Trying to shoehorn other titles at that price has high risk of failure.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think MM is the only remake title that can pull $8k at volume. Trying to shoehorn other titles at that price has high risk of failure.

I agree. It was far and away the most in demand/valuable.

A $6000 price point would beautifully disrupt Sterns half-assed way of doing business and cause everyone across the board to start innovating.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I guess my thought is if we had a thread wth 1000 people verbally committing to spend 8,000,000 on a pinball machine... Somewhere... Someone... Would make it happen.

Just click your heels together and repeat after me - there's no place like home, there's no place like home. Sorry had too.

I'd much rather see Gene work with PPS on Kingpin. I'd be in like Flynn.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'd much rather see Gene work with PPS on Kingpin. I'd be in like Flynn.

image-256.jpgimage-256.jpg

#80 10 years ago

I'm in

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Has everyone played BBB enough to know the gameplay? It is help in high regard from the sweet art package and rarity. Gameplay is not the best to be honest.

Here is a video of a guy that breezes through the *entire* game, wizard mode and all, in less than 15 min!

Fun game, but it's a borderline novelty pin. It only holds up in a large collection like mine.

Some of you guys are going to end up broke trying to keep up with the pinhead next door.

Go to a show and actually *play* some of these games before claiming how bad you want something you've never seen or touched before.

#82 10 years ago

Only if I can get #1000 so i can say its worth 2.5X the price because its special.
Doh!

#83 10 years ago

YOU CRY 'WOLF' TOO DAMN MUCH BAKU. lol

I know your hearts in it but damn, you need to work on your thread Title headings.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

BBB for $2000? And wouldn't buy? LOL....
Meanwhile Baywatch sells for $1500 often and it's cool? LOL...
I have seen a Black Night go for $2000+
Y'all are crazy.
I paid $1200 for a Data East TMNT and then sank another $500 into it.
$2000. lol
Whatever.
The game is awesome. I would pay $30 just to stand in a room where I could look at one. Oh wait, I already did last year.

Well Baywatch (ignoring the theme) is a REALLY fun pin to play....probably as much or more so than BBB (IMHO).

To me BBB compares with the likes of JM. Although JM is more exciting. I have a feeling that if 10,000+ BBB's had been made then it really would be a $2,000-$3,000 pin today. It's the EXTREME rarity driving the price.....not the fun factor.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Gene filed Chapter 11 in April, how is Kingpin ever to see the light of day ?

Really? Aw...well, time to sell those Capcom rights!

#86 10 years ago

Ahhhhhh,ya!! That's a fun game & a theme I couldn't resist!!

#87 10 years ago

A lot of people say it has lousy game play or they wouldn't buy it under any circumstances. Then rumors begin that its going to be remade and people are falling all over themselves to get in line.

I love this hobby.

Kim

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Here is a video of a guy that breezes through the *entire* game, wizard mode and all, in less than 15 min!
Fun game, but it's a borderline novelty pin. It only holds up in a large collection like mine.
Some of you guys are going to end up broke trying to keep up with the pinhead next door.
Go to a show and actually *play* some of these games before claiming how bad you want something you've never seen or touched before.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that so they can see what were saying. Now please post CCC!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we have CC compiled with extensions that was done years ago ... we have the entire WMS OS and source code and compile environement which works, so we 'could' do things like finish CC, etc. As they say 'it's just a matter of programming' ...

Now you got my attention Rick.............

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

My CC sat for years because the code was not finished.

Considering that CC was stopped and rushed out the door due to Pinball 2000, I'm curious to know how big these extentions *really* are.

If it was "just a matter of programming," why has it taken the license holders 15 years to get the finished code out?

CCC solved my unfinished code problem and now my game is getting played again.

#91 10 years ago

BBB, 8k? No thanks. CCC, 8k? Yes please.

#92 10 years ago

Yeah I would likely get to play one locally. I would not buy it though.
Collectors item turned into a lesser collectors item does not seem good unless you really really love the title.

#93 10 years ago

its not that good as far as game play. it looks neat, sounds decent. only reason people pay big bucks for it as it is is because of its rarity to show off in a pissing contest..not bcuz the game play is bad ass...like mb or afm. its just a brag piece.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm out. How about a Centaur for $4000 with upgrades. I would be all over that.

I'm with you. I'd pay $4k for a Centaur remake before I'd spend $4k on a BBB remake. Last time I played BBB, I walked away after playing my second ball.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

BBB, 8k? No thanks. CCC, 8k? Yes please.

+1

#97 10 years ago

But see, if WMS bought the rights at the end...then all bets are off, right?

#98 10 years ago

rommy, WMS worked with Capcom and was considering a WPC BBB in the late 90s. Gene later bought the Capcom pinball IP and the right to make Capcom games, and proceeded to make BBB. I doubt PPS could make a BBB, even a WMS-style one, without Gene's permission.

If PPS wants to mess with Capcom stuff, they're better off looking at Kingpin IMHO. I really think there'd be more demand, and it looks easier to build. Would likely still need Gene approval. If MM works, I think they do CC or AFM next. Capcom is a pretty big switch WRT BOM.

#99 10 years ago

The story I heard is that Williams agreed to purchase rights to BBB, but then had second thoughts and never paid for the agreement so rights were never transfered. I believe this happened before Gene purchased the Capcom stuff.

Not sure how accurate that is, but it's just what I've heard.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A lot of people say it has lousy game play or they wouldn't buy it under any circumstances. Then rumors begin that its going to be remade and people are falling all over themselves to get in line.

I love this hobby.

Man, did you hit the nail on the head, Kim. People are always so quick to put down games that they can't afford. I bet half the people that ordered MMRs had it rated at a 5 or below prior to the announcement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-bbb-remake-list-of-buyers-at-8000/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.