View topic image gallery

286531-i.png
MMRLE-FRONT.jpg
image-885.jpg
BBBBBBbbr-.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-918.jpg
image-256.jpg
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 10 years ago

So no remake has been confirmed, and may never happen.

However PPS has repeatedly teased about Capcom parts and similarities... Speculation is very high that one day or another... BBB could very likely be reissued.

IF IT WAS... And they made 1000 at $8000: Would you buy one?

If yes, add your name and a number to the list. Perhaps a thread with 200+ buyers would... Grease the wheels...

1. Bakushan

#2 10 years ago

I take one , whenever

#3 10 years ago

7k is a hot price...

#4 10 years ago

Absolutely, why not, although I doubt Gene will never let it happen.

#5 10 years ago

me in.

#6 10 years ago

Yes but, the price will have to be less than 8k. I'm looking at 6-6.5k range for this one. MMR was the only one I was willing to reach that high for and it was still higher that what I was truly comfortable with.

I'm hoping Rick can sell some of the other runs for cheaper than MMR.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

However PPS has repeatedly teased about Capcom parts and similarities...

Dude IDK where you're getting your facts/rumors from but based on my experience the Capcom BOM is most similar to that used by DE as opposed to Bly/Wms, and Gene still owns all the Capcom IP (afaik).

Sorry to piss on your dream.

But if you really want a BBB, they are out there for the right price.

#8 10 years ago

Has everyone played BBB enough to know the gameplay? It is help in high regard from the sweet art package and rarity. Gameplay is not the best to be honest.

#9 10 years ago

count me in I'd buy a BBB

#10 10 years ago

You either have a lot of hard to get information, or you really enjoy stirring the pot. Either way, they are both in the strange column.

#11 10 years ago

Isn't this thread a bit too soon? Man, I want one but let's not get overboard here with all these next titles. We only have seen 2 pics of the MMr so far for crying out loud.

Disclaimer: I'm in for a NIB BBBr if the MM remake turns out good.

#12 10 years ago

7k, would think about it. We as collectors need to stop saying "will pay 8k" for remakes."

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

7k, would think about it. We as collectors need to stop saying "will pay 8k" for remakes."

7K !!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Has everyone played BBB enough to know the gameplay? It is help in high regard from the sweet art package and rarity. Gameplay is not the best to be honest.

I just played it for the first time at Explosion. I liked it a bunch. Not $8000 liked though. More around $6500 liked.
For Reference I liked WOZ at around $7200 and MM around $7000 when I played them at Explosion. Thats NIB liked prices.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

So no remake has been confirmed, and may never happen.
However PPS has repeatedly teased about Capcom parts and similarities... Speculation is very high

Teased is one way of putting it.

F'n with us is another.

#17 10 years ago

I'm all over a BBB remake. I just hope they get to put Bar on the backglass. I hope they mirror it as well and make some other improvements.

Quoted from mrbillishere:

But if you really want a BBB, they are out there for the right price.

Sadly they are at too high of a price. 7-8k would be the right price for many.

#18 10 years ago

Yes, I'm in.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#19 10 years ago

where did that one come from ... lol ... it would not happen with us, try IPB and we are more than happy to help them if they want as needed, but I think they are working on trying to get Kingpin going ....

#20 10 years ago

I'd be in. I've said forever I'd buy anyone's BBB for $8k, so - I'd definitely buy a new one at that price.

Offer still stands - anyone who sells me their BBB for $8k - if I ever sell it, I'll contractually offer it back to you for the same price instead of flipping it.

Add a poll at the top!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

where did that one come from

Hey it's Pinside. Rumors/dreaming/wishing/bitching is what we do.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

where did that one come from ... lol ... it would not happen with us, try IPB and we are more than happy to help them if they want as needed, but I think they are working on trying to get Kingpin going ....

Well this thread is dead. LOL..

It's a nice thought anyways.

I guess my thought is if we had a thread wth 1000 people verbally committing to spend 8,000,000 on a pinball machine... Somewhere... Someone... Would make it happen.

As you know, it's all about demand.

This thread is gauging demand.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

where did that one come from ... lol ..

You guys it came from him..

PPS

PPS
Pinball addict
612,750 1
Planet Earth
12 HOURS AGO | # QUOTE | !! | IGNORE
we do have a bunch of the wms Big Bang Bar stuff as wms had done some arrangement with capcom for bbb ...

#24 10 years ago

i'll grab one

#25 10 years ago

him is me, but I just said we have that stuff ...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

him is me, but I just said we have that stuff ...

lol, you are such tease : )

#27 10 years ago

Didnt you also say no MM remakes before you announced it?
Just saying

#28 10 years ago

just trying to get my Karma points up ... need to get enough to trade them in for airfare soon ... I can do that can't I?

#29 10 years ago

I probably did, but that's because I was under NDA ... so I have a good reason

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

just trying to get my Karma points up ... need to get enough to trade them in for airfare soon ... I can do that can't I?

No..no..no, not airfare, but cash credits towards your next PPS remake purchase.

#31 10 years ago

I would be in for a BBB.

#32 10 years ago

I'll only buy one if it's much more expensive.

$8,000 is WAY too cheap, and certainly no good for pinball.

#33 10 years ago

Do all you people really have to have TWO of each top ten title?

#35 10 years ago

I have an IPB (Capcom) BBB, and while it would be interesting to see a Williams-style conversion, I'd much rather see Kingpin get made. Kingpin would probably sell better anyway.

Another thing - a WMS BBB would feel and play significantly different from a Capcom/IPB model. One of the reasons I heard WMS skipped out on BBB back in the day was the fact WMS flippers had difficulty making the ramp. They can make IJ's ramp OK so this may have been BS, but the difference in hardware (not just flippers, but everything else) would certainly be noticeable. Capcom stuff is built like a brick shithouse - it's the only stuff I've played that feels better than WPC hardware. WOZ comes damn close

#36 10 years ago

BBB is only valuable because it's rare and has some mystique due to the boutique build. The theme is kinda cool. Gameplay is nothing that special to me (not top 10; #35 according to Pinside Top 100). Build them in volume and the price will plummet.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I guess my thought is if we had a thread wth 1000 people verbally committing to spend 8,000,000 on a pinball machine...

...you'd probably actually be able to sell it to about 300 of them

#38 10 years ago

Best thing I ever did was sell my NIB BBB. Played a few games on it at Pinball Life the other day...NO THANKS! The game looks cool, but just isn't very fun. And that bar waitresses voice? Damn is that annoying!

I wouldn't even buy one for half the "proposed" remake price unless I was allowed to sell it off for a profit.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

lol, you are such tease : )

Like I said....F'n with us.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes but, the price will have to be less than 8k. I'm looking at 6-6.5k range for this one. MMR was the only one I was willing to reach that high for and it was still higher that what I was truly comfortable with.
I'm hoping Rick can sell some of the other runs for cheaper than MMR.

I don't see this happening. I don't think Rick will be running tons of titles at bargain prices. $8k is what we should expect for anything. Its no cheaper to make a fish tales than a MM. Further, Rick has been ramping up on parts for MM for a while and selling them in his stores. The parts for Capcom games seem hardly available. Rick doesn't own the rights to Capcom. I don't see any BBB happening. Further, I don't see PPS making many more remakes. Afm maybe. Mb maybe. That's probably it. Doubt demand is even there for $8k CC that can't run continued. We aren't going to be seeing every title new at $5-6k. Just wont happen.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

BBB is only valuable because it's rare and has some mystique due to the boutique build. The theme is kinda cool. Gameplay is nothing that special to me (not top 10; #35 according to Pinside Top 100). Build them in volume and the price will plummet.

Agreed 100%. If BBB was produced as any other Capcom was, it would be priced where any other one was. If any other Capcom was as rare, you would see it valued as BBB is.

#42 10 years ago

For 3000$ , i am in .
Gameplay is as boring as MMs gameplay is. ( yes, i have played them both several times)

Kinpin would be nice, or Circus .. or Cactus Canyon with finished code..

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Yes, this has been going on far far too long.

#44 10 years ago

$6,500 delivered.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Agreed 100%. If BBB was produced as any other Capcom was, it would be priced where any other one was. If any other Capcom was as rare, you would see it valued as BBB is.

I agree 40%. BBB has much better artwork and a top-notch theme compared to the other Capcoms. I doubt it would be economical to build compared to AFM, but I think it would sell a decent amount.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I probably did, but that's because I was under NDA ... so I have a good reason

So you were under NDA with yourself? How does that work exactly?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#47 10 years ago

The original BBB remake sold 191 copies. At the time, I suspect most people had never played a BBB because only 14 originals existed. IMHO this is why interest in the BBB remake was so limited. If another BBB remake was announced, I think it would sell a lot better.

Keep in mind, 4000 + original MM's were produced. And, an extra 1000 remakes sold in less than a day. With 205 BBB (total originals and remakes) in the world, it seems like there is an opening in the market for more.

Just my 2 cents,

Tom

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

...CC that can't run continued...

Who says?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#49 10 years ago

I keep playing BBB every year and I keep not getting the fascination???

8k.....no
7k.....no
6k.....no

Just seems like another 2k pin to me (on the fun factor and ignoring the rarity).

#50 10 years ago

I'm in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pps-bbb-remake-list-of-buyers-at-8000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.