PTDC0461 (resized).JPG
PTDC0464 (resized).JPG
PTDC0460 (resized).JPG
PTDC0459 (resized).JPG
PTDC0458 (resized).JPG
PTDC0457 (resized).JPG
PTDC0452 (resized).JPG
PTDC0453 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

I've absolutely loved past PPE's. My all time favorite pinball expo. A little concerned about what I've read on Pinside about the location this time, but we'll see.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

PPE set the bar pretty high for other shows. IMHO, PPE became the premier pinball show for several reasons, but primarily because of the venue. The Marin Civic Center, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, was a perfect facility. Polished concrete floors, elegant lighting, restaurants in the immediate area, ample parking, and clean restrooms. The bonus was having Embassy Suites across the canal (with waterfowl). Embassy Suites offered an awesome breakfast, a place for an afternoon nap/cocktail hour, and meeting rooms for seminars. It was the perfect pinball show.
I assumed the 'next PPE' was going to be held at the Carnegie Bldg. Let's hope the temporary venue is more than a stagnant warehouse with porta-potties lined up outside.
Good luck to the organizers, as you have a tough act to follow...

I totally agree....One more thing that i loved about The Marin Civic Center was the Sunday morning Farmer's Market. Loved waking up to live acoustic music. It was really the perfect venue..... Gonna reserve judgement until more details are unveiled, but like Steve in Escalon said, the location in San Rafael had me spoiled and is indeed a tough act to follow.

2 months later
#70 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Bump! See post #66. Plenty of parking! Food trux. The warehouse must be experienced to be believed.
If yer a woodrail buff especially, this is can't miss. You could get lost in them.
Practical Steve? Pismo Arcade? Where be my homies?
If anyone has dmd games they might be interested in bringing for free play, I think they'd appreciate an email. I heard they might be looking to widen the experience a bit...
mrgone: let's rock.

Hey Mark.. Thanks for the invite, but I'm gonna pass. If PPE ever returns to it's original place in San Rafael, I'm buying the first tickets.... Looking forward to seeing you guys at PAGG & CAX....Hope you guys have a blast!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Nothing like the FLW designed civic center! However, I'm curious as to why you would go to Marin but not Alameda? Too far?

Actually, Alameda is closer. I think the Civic Center was the perfect place for PPE..... Embassy Suites right next door, not to mention the Wright building is beautiful. Having said that, I wish PPE much success with the new location.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Tony, tony, tony....>

Yes?

I know...I know....I'm gonna regret not going, just like CAX last year.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Well now we need to find a way to see each other soon, gonna miss you!

Same here, Buddy!

1 week later
#120 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

If you were on the fence and didn't go (ahem pismoarcade) make the trip next time, it was fun!

Ha! Thanks for the shout out! Fireball2 called and texted me throughout the weekend giving me updates on how terrific it was. I was concerned about the location, not to mention the riots/freeway protests happening in Oakland. Hopefully, things will calm down by next year.

I also love Butterfly & Mars Trek. The backglass is trippy and play is super fun. PPE has always been my favorite expo. So happy to hear that the new location was a success!

9 months later
#153 6 years ago

If that's the case, I know of the perfect place in San Rafael right next to an Embassay Suites.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PismoArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppe-returns?tu=PismoArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.