PTDC0461 (resized).JPG
PTDC0464 (resized).JPG
PTDC0460 (resized).JPG
PTDC0459 (resized).JPG
PTDC0458 (resized).JPG
PTDC0457 (resized).JPG
PTDC0452 (resized).JPG
PTDC0453 (resized).JPG
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

What do they have for sale game wise? Vendors?
You there tomorrow motocat?

Marcos , Borygard (Lock When Lit ) Pinball Collectors Resource & PPM have booths. I saw a couple games for sale. Steve I have to work Saturday but I'll be at the show on Sunday.

#102 7 years ago

I will be there Sat with my buddy Dan, Atticus, and Adrienne. Since Atticus lost his fake ID, I don't think we will be heading to Forbidden Island.

#103 7 years ago

I should be there by noon, all systems are a go!

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Marcos , Borygard (Lock When Lit ) Pinball Resource & PPM have booths. I saw a couple games for sale. Steve I have to work Saturday but I'll be at the show on Sunday.

Is Steve young there? I don't know if I could handle him in person

#105 7 years ago

And bummed I won't see you, Saturday if my only day

#106 7 years ago

Ahhh the show is great. So many games under one roof. Great layout.

#107 7 years ago

So killer. Tim Arnold was there tonight. Such a good vibe. The bike rack was full of kid's bikes.

#108 7 years ago

I'll be there by 10 tomorrow too.

#109 7 years ago

Is Steve young there? I don't know if I could handle him in person

No Steve Young , meant to type Pinball Collector Resource

#110 7 years ago

Here's an interactive 360° panorama from the show today:

www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/PPE_16

share (resized).jpgshare (resized).jpg

and here is a panorama from last year in the old PPM warehouse showing a small part of the museum's collection:

www.pinsane.com/pinorama/locations/ppm_15/old_warehouse

share (resized).jpgshare (resized).jpg

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

"No other show on earth, has such a complete and vast collection of pins on display (most working) of pinball from the 1930-1990 eras (from all makes)"
I am sorry but that statement is NOT true.

No need to apologize. But you offer nothing.

Why not share which show has a more complete and vast collection from the 30's to 90's?

#112 7 years ago

Went yesterday. Not busy at all. Chill atmosphere. Good collection of modern games. I saw 3 ghostbusters. Lots of oldies. Really like Dirty Donnys "hellacopters". Great look. Fun target game EM

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

No need to apologize. But you offer nothing.
Why not share which show has a more complete and vast collection from the 30's to 90's?

I don't want to step on this thread but the statement is wrong.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I don't want to step on this thread but the statement is wrong.

So you make a contradictory statement in this thread but won't provide support for your statement because you don't want to step on this thread.

Gotcha.

#115 7 years ago

Got back a few hours ago. We had a great time! Finally met Practical Steve, ran into tons of old friends (Ron, Henry, James, Taro, Rob). Atticus LOVES the pinball trailer. Great show! Good selection of newer games, and more EMs than I could count! Only game that was down that I really wanted to play was Blackwater (which looked amazing, probably the best in shape one I have seen in years!)

Thanks to all who,helped put on the show!

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So you make a contradictory statement in this thread but won't provide support for your statement because you don't want to step on this thread.
Gotcha.

right. i'm just saying the information posted is incorrect. you can do your own research, i'm not here to spoon fed it to anyone. It would be unfair of me to step on their thread, i'm just trying to keep facts and statements correct.

#117 7 years ago

Phenomenal time at PPE! I was really blown away after being there a month and a half ago to see how much work they got done in setting up a really great show. To anyone that tirelessly volunteered thank you it was much appreciated. My thoughts:

It was a great space. To those that worried that it was in a huge warehouse it really was set up perfectly. Never felt crowded. Once night fell and the skylights got dark it felt like you were playing outdoors. Just beautiful. Never too hot, a little cool in the evening but nothing a sweatshirt couldn't handle.

EMs and Woodrails. What and amazing collection to get to play. Such a huge variety of both. Games were set up very well, super impressed. If you walked up to a game that was turned on, it played great. And not that many were turned off in the main rows.

Modern games. This is where many would find the fault, as they were the most underrepresented. But let's be honest, they are not the museums focus. Newer Stern were not really there, I think three GB though. Lots of great 80s games though. I barely went in this row myself as there were so many EMs and older rare games to play.

Games I walked away really loving.
EM- butterfly, mars trek, amigo. Tom Tom.

Solid state- evil kenievel, Harlem globetrotters, meteor, jungle lord.

If you were on the fence and didn't go (ahem @pismoarcade) make the trip next time, it was fun!

#118 7 years ago

Thanks to Echa, who's Pinside name escapes me for a really fun tournament even if I was knocked out almost right away.

#119 7 years ago

Also, great seeing old friends like @jbovenzi, pinheadpierre bicyclenut of course close friends like mof and @pinholder. And finally got to meet @dsuperbee!

Knew I would forget someone, good to see fireball2 as well!

#120 7 years ago

If you were on the fence and didn't go (ahem pismoarcade) make the trip next time, it was fun!

Ha! Thanks for the shout out! Fireball2 called and texted me throughout the weekend giving me updates on how terrific it was. I was concerned about the location, not to mention the riots/freeway protests happening in Oakland. Hopefully, things will calm down by next year.

I also love Butterfly & Mars Trek. The backglass is trippy and play is super fun. PPE has always been my favorite expo. So happy to hear that the new location was a success!

#121 7 years ago

Also, great seeing old friends like jbovenzi, pinheadpierre bicyclenut of course close friends like mof and @pinholder. And finally got to meet dsuperbee!

Yes! awesome seeing you and pinholder there. I finally feel like I'm getting some friends in the pinball world other than my local buddies. Im hoping I can hang out and help at PAGG this year coming year.

#122 7 years ago

Great show and I was happy to see how many people showed up on Saturday. Don't know about Sunday as I had already left town. many thanks for all who made this possible!

#123 7 years ago

Best show ever! Next year we should all be tailgating too, like Molly.
The whole vibe was so groovy.

#124 7 years ago

And it was good to see everyone there at the show! I had an excellent time!

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Best show ever!

+1 and right during a long Veterans weekend. PPE should do this every time there is full moon. "Shoot the Moon!" was the greatest and I made sure to buy stuff from vendors and a raffle ticket to support. There were just too many machines to play and such an inviting setting. Can't wait for the future and this production. THANK YOU for the preservation.IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPGIMG_0038 (resized).JPG

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

"No other show on earth, has such a complete and vast collection of pins on display (most working) of pinball from the 1930-1990 eras (from all makes)"
I am sorry but that statement is NOT true.

While the VFW show is a great show,
from what i have heard and hope to attend in person next year,
with well over 280 pins on display and playing flawlessly (99.7% of the time).
The Banning show also is great, and definitely has more SS/DMD pins,
but lacks many pre1965 era pins.
The PPE show does have more woodrails set up and playing than any other show on earth
plus many pre war flipperless pins
and a lot more variety of EM pins from the 1960s and 70s from BLY WMS CCoin besides GTB.
That plus over a dozen European EM pins.
Probably 300+ EM pins plus 150+ SS/DMD pins set up and playing with another 150+ pins waiting their chance.
The collection is not complete, (far from it) but it is getting there,
where the PPM's collection does fall off, is the post1990 era to present.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

There one one really great display exhibit,
that was put together by a pinball enthusiast from Colorado, (sorry forgot his name)
but really ingenious and creative way to visually display the workings of pinball mechanics.
Everything from Flippers to pop bumpers
to magnets to bagatelles to horsey unit to baseball running man unit,
and also turned some of them into a interesting interactive skill game
onto themselves.

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you liked it. There's more info in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-with-pinball-website

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The PPE show does have more woodrails set up and playing than any other show on earth
plus many pre war flipperless pins
and a lot more variety of EM pins from the 1960s and 70s from BLY WMS CCoin besides GTB.
That plus over a dozen European EM pins.
Probably 300+ EM pins plus 150+ SS/DMD pins set up and playing with another 150+ pins waiting their chance.
The collection is not complete, (far from it) but it is getting there,
where the PPM's collection does fall off, is the post1990 era to present.

...and I have no problem letting the post-1990 era fall off! PPE doesn't need them. Too common everywhere else.

Alas, couldn't make it this time. Had already committed myself to the Houston Arcade Expo.

On the upside, another award for best EM!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

...and I have no problem letting the post-1990 era fall off! PPE doesn't need them. Too common everywhere else.
Alas, couldn't make it this time. Had already committed myself to the Houston Arcade Expo.
On the upside, another award for best EM!

Which EM was best?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Which EM was best?

1971 Bally Expressway

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Which EM was best?

I must have played that 1960 Bally Beauty Contest for over an hour.
who needs flippers anyway?

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

1971 Bally Expressway

Loooooove that game! Been looking for one for a long time! Totally on my wishlist.
PPE16 totally ruled, and I got #1 high score on the Ghostbusters they gave away in the raffle.

My fave woodrail was Whirl-Wind. Auto-kickers baby. 3 ball and brutally addictive. I loved that Bally Mad World, and even though we could never get it to work right, the Double Barrel was still a lot of fun.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

I must have played that 1960 Bally Beauty Contest for over an hour.
who needs flippers anyway?

Who needs ball two?

1 month later
#134 7 years ago

Here is a weblink to article on pinballnews
about PPE7 and other particulars about the show and PPM.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/ppe2016/index.html

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Here is a weblink to article on pinballnews
about PPE7 and other particulars about the show and PPM.
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/ppe2016/index.html

Thanks for posting that link. Really enjoyed the read. Have to mark down a return visit to PPE in the not too distant future.

1 week later
#136 7 years ago

FYI during SF Beer Week they will be opening up the PPE extension again and you can drink craft brews from local breweries:
Feb 12th 2017: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pinball-and-pints-sf-beer-week-2017-tickets-29941121701

1 month later
#137 7 years ago

FYI
Any help will be appreciated!

email notice from:
Michael Schiess <[email protected]> Jan 16 at 10:34 AM

I have made plans to pick up the remaining pinball donation from Tom Rader that is located in Bakersfield.
2 trucks will meet us at the storage unit, one at 8am and the 2nd at 1pm on Saturday February 25th.
I am driving down on the 24th and spending the night so I can begin loading early on the 25th.
The first truck will be in Bakersfield Storage at 8am, the address is 2801 Columbus St., Darrel's Mini Storage.
The trucks return on Saturday night to the Annex.
We will unload on Sunday AM the 26th at the Alameda Annex.
Anyone interested in helping please let me know via email to [email protected]
or call (510) 769-1349

Let Mike know which end you can help on.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

FYI
Any help will be appreciated!
email notice from:
Michael Schiess <[email protected]> Jan 16 at 10:34 AM
I have made plans to pick up the remaining pinball donation from Tom Rader that is located in Bakersfield.
2 trucks will meet us at the storage unit, one at 8am and the 2nd at 1pm on Saturday February 25th.
I am driving down on the 24th and spending the night so I can begin loading early on the 25th.
The first truck will be in Bakersfield Storage at 8am, the address is 2801 Columbus St., Darrel's Mini Storage.
The trucks return on Saturday night to the Annex.
We will unload on Sunday AM the 26th at the Alameda Annex.
Anyone interested in helping please let me know via email to [email protected]
or call (510) 769-1349
Let Mike know which end you can help on.

Wish I were closer!

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

FYI
Any help will be appreciated

Ill be there

#140 7 years ago

FYI
correct name of self storage facility is
Derrel's Mini Storage Inc
Nearest main cross street
is Mt.Vernon Ave and Columbus St.
Bakersfield CA just off of HWY 178

#141 7 years ago

Thank you to all the fellow pinheads
that helped with the last loadout (today)
from my old storage shed(s) in Bakersfield,
and thanks to those that plan to help with the unloading
of the pin collection's new home at the PPM annex on Sunday.

#142 7 years ago

Thank You for sharing your collection with the Museum so others can experience the joy pinball brings people, and we get to play those cool games.

#143 7 years ago

pinwiztom
I was there helping load up with Michael this last weekend and what an amazing collection you have donated to us! I was really happy to see Andromeda and the Xenon was so insanely nice. The amount of add-a-ball games you had is fantastic! It will be really fun to set up the add-a-ball's next to the replays in the warehouse for the next show! Only thing missing was a Seawitch, we need a second so I can buy one

Looking forward to meeting you someday!

#144 7 years ago

Glad there were enough hands on deck to help Mike load things up, since i could not make the trek south.
I look forward to seeing all sixteen of the WMS reverse wedgeheads set up again
and like you say the many GTB AAB & Replays cousins set up side by side.
I am really proud of the early 60s WMS collection in particular,
with 46 pins out of 70 produced during the span from 1960 to 1967.

#145 7 years ago

Mike mentioned to me that there was one pin in storage
that was still totally wrapped up in cardboard and plastic strechwrap,
that no one knows what it is; so he may decide to make a contest out of it
for people to guess what it is, maybe a fund raising raffle associated with it.
I have a faint inkling what the game may be,
and i am fairly certain that the PPM does not have one (until now).

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

seeing all sixteen of the WMS reverse wedgeheads set up again

OMG. OMG. OMG. Can't wait!
Alas, I have but two...

#147 7 years ago

Bless the PPE. Always good to support their development.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Mike mentioned to me that there was one pin in storage
that was still totally wrapped up in cardboard and plastic strechwrap,
that no one knows what it is; so he may decide to make a contest out of it
for people to guess what it is, maybe a fund raising raffle associated with it.
I have a faint inkling what the game may be,
and i am fairly certain that the PPM does not have one (until now).

That is going to be fun. There was a lot of debate on whether to cut her open and see what it is, but I am looking forward to the big reveal soon! My main focus is getting all of your Reverse wedges up as well as the AAB games. I'm sure Michael will give you progress pics once we start working it out

6 months later
#149 6 years ago

Haven't seen anything about a PPE #8. Anyone here know if there will be one this year?

#150 6 years ago

Mike at the PPM is still trying to get approval from the city to hold the event,
lots of red tape and hoops to jump thru.
He is hopeful, for a Nov show this year, but still not confirmed until
City of Alameda gives the OK.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppe-returns/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.