PTDC0461 (resized).JPG
PTDC0464 (resized).JPG
PTDC0460 (resized).JPG
PTDC0459 (resized).JPG
PTDC0458 (resized).JPG
PTDC0457 (resized).JPG
PTDC0452 (resized).JPG
PTDC0453 (resized).JPG
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

In all day October 8, baby.
Wish I knowed about it sooner. I coulda made it last weekend too.
I might show up this Sunday too... maybe.
Should I bring my own tools? Do you need another handtruck?

#52 7 years ago

anyone bringing any games for sale?

1 week later
#53 7 years ago

Here's a little more info and photos of the warehouse as the show comes together slowly, but surely (and don't call me Shirley! \-)

PS - sorry for the double post

\r

Buy Advance Tickets Here:
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2596632

For More Information About the Pacific Pinball Museum and the PPE http://www.pacificpinball.org

The Pacific Pinball Museum presents the largest collection of working pinball machines from the 1930s to present day with this year’s ”Shoot The Moon” Pacific Pinball Expo honoring the Golden Age of Pinball. Housed in our new storage facility at Alameda Point (1680 Viking Street, Alameda), this is our biggest show yet!

This three-day Pinball extravaganza will add up to an amazing experience that is fun for the whole family. The Pacific Pinball Expo (PPE) is just a quick walk to the Hornet Aircraft

WANTED: Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to fill various jobs throughout the entire weekend, from Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10 am-10 pm. Ideally we will break the days into 3-4 hours shifts.

Days/Dates: Friday 11/11, Saturday 11/12 and Sunday 11/13
Shifts: Early: 10am-2pm Mid: 2pm-6pm Late: 6pm-10pm

Jobs needed to fill are:
Fixit techs
AV Techs
Security
Parking attendants
Ticket takers
Runners
Medical/info booth
Retail booth
DJ for opening Party
Bartenders
Janitors
Other/any

HELP TO SETUP
Contact [email protected] for details

*Please give your cell number, availability (days and times) Job interest/skill set and I will begin to put together a schedule!

Here is a sample of what I need: Name: d’Arci Bruno Day/Date: Friday, 11/11- Jobs: Security/parking, retail Shifts: Late shift/Mid shift Mobile: 415-602-4629

IMG_5279 (resized).JPGIMG_5279 (resized).JPG

IMG_5272 (resized).JPGIMG_5272 (resized).JPG

IMG_5273 (resized).JPGIMG_5273 (resized).JPG

IMG_5278 (resized).JPGIMG_5278 (resized).JPG

#54 7 years ago

Zounds!

#55 7 years ago

Dang, looks like that government warehouse from that Indiana Jones movie. That is a lot of pins. Wish I had time to come down & help out. Maybe next year.

#56 7 years ago

I think I see a few of my old games in that far corner,
over there.

#57 7 years ago

I was just at ppm last weekend. I got a chance to play humpty dumpty. for those that may not know, its the first game with flippers.

So, even if you are not into em games, its very exciting to be able to play a game with such great history. you are unlikely to ever find another one on location.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I got a chance to play humpty dumpty. for those that may not know, its the first game with flippers.

Those early flipper games are actually very fun to play. You may not be able to tell by looking at them, but there is quite a bit of stuff packed under the hood.

#59 7 years ago

when i first got back into pinball I didn't like EMs and such but really love them now. It's harder to find them out on location too so this is gonna be a great opportunity to check out machines you don't see as often. It's always slightly weird to me to see a line for AFM, MB, MM etc when those games are everywhere at every show and on location in tons of places while the woodrails and EMs are less common. Can't wait for this for sure!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

when i first got back into pinball I didn't like EMs and such but really love them now. It's harder to find them out on location too so this is gonna be a great opportunity to check out machines you don't see as often. It's always slightly weird to me to see a line for AFM, MB, MM etc when those games are everywhere at every show and on location in tons of places while the woodrails and EMs are less common. Can't wait for this for sure!

Exactly!
That's why I hang out in the EM lineup & shows -- you don't see many in the wild anymore!
--- though we DO have a local bar that has just EM's, & nice ones at that.... Union barrel in Salem, Oregon.
The two owners, Chap & Jason are hard core EM pinheads.

#61 7 years ago

Anybody else going to help out tomorrow at the warehouse? I am headed up in the early am and gonna be there 10-5, if anybody wants a ride or wants to help out.

44,000 square feet of pinball baby.

#62 7 years ago

Thank the pinball gods
for the PPM and PPE
and all those that put themselves into the effort
to present pinball in
all its glory.

Go Giants!!

It hurts to be scolded

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those early flipper games are actually very fun to play. You may not be able to tell by looking at them, but there is quite a bit of stuff packed under the hood.

I cut my teeth on em games. Back in the 70,s when I was a we Ladd. The glory day when every 7-11 had a pin or 2.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Anybody else going to help out tomorrow at the warehouse? I am headed up in the early am and gonna be there 10-5, if anybody wants a ride or wants to help out.
44,000 square feet of pinball baby.

Damn wish I wasn't hella busy, I want to volunteer and it would be great to see you.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Back in the 70,s when I was a we Ladd. The glory day when every 7-11 had a pin or 2

You got that right bentaco. There was pinball everywhere: bowling alley, skate rink, 7-11, every minimarket around, laundromat. Heck, even a grocery hut or two. I graduated '79,and EMs were everywhere in my youth.

#66 7 years ago

I just got back from a day of assembling EMs at the new warehouse. I managed to assemble 32 today. Tattered and torn and loved every minute of it. And got to see the Blue Angels practicing.
OMG. The pictures can't do the place justice. Standing on the balcony outside the second floor bathroom, looking at the vast indoor pinball landscape, made me think that this is what heaven must look like. It is so so huge. We assembled probably 80 machines today, and they were a drop in the bucket, totally swallowed up. the woodrails go for days! The neighborhood is fine. Williams Sonoma was having a warehouse sale today around the corner, and the hood was full of Range Rovers and Mercedes. Anybody who is on the fence about going to the warehouse PPE in a month should pull the trigger for at least one day just to check out the building.

Also you should volunteer! So many of the games have been in storage for so long, they need a lot of cleaning and rubbering and such. C'mon boiz... Pinball up!

3 weeks later
#67 7 years ago

Bump! See post #66. Plenty of parking! Food trux. The warehouse must be experienced to be believed.
If yer a woodrail buff especially, this is can't miss. You could get lost in them.
Practical Steve? Pismo Arcade? Where be my homies?
If anyone has dmd games they might be interested in bringing for free play, I think they'd appreciate an email. I heard they might be looking to widen the experience a bit...
mrgone: let's rock.

#68 7 years ago

Looking forward to this show. Will be my first PPE

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Bump! See post #66. Plenty of parking! Food trux. The warehouse must be experienced to be believed.
If yer a woodrail buff especially, this is can't miss. You could get lost in them.
If anyone has dmd games they might be interested in bringing for free play, I think they'd appreciate an email. I heard they might be looking to widen the experience a bit...

Oh I will be there! Unfortunately due to a million family obligations I haven't been able to volunteer like I hoped to, which is a huge bummer because I love to help out when I can.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Hey Mark.. Thanks for the invite, but I'm gonna pass. If PPE ever returns to it's original place in San Rafael, I'm buying the first tickets.... Looking forward to seeing you guys at PAGG & CAX....Hope you guys have a blast!

#71 7 years ago

Damn, perhaps I should make the drive up? Seems like an awesome event!

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hey Mark.. Thanks for the invite, but I'm gonna pass. If PPE ever returns to it's original place in San Rafael, I'm buying the first tickets.... Looking forward to seeing you guys at PAGG & CAX....Hope you guys have a blast!

Nothing like the FLW designed civic center! However, I'm curious as to why you would go to Marin but not Alameda? Too far?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

Nothing like the FLW designed civic center! However, I'm curious as to why you would go to Marin but not Alameda? Too far?

Actually, Alameda is closer. I think the Civic Center was the perfect place for PPE..... Embassy Suites right next door, not to mention the Wright building is beautiful. Having said that, I wish PPE much success with the new location.

#74 7 years ago

I think it was awesome too.
From what I understand is that the Civic Center was getting harder and harder to work with and the rental expense was too high. Hopefully they can save more money (and their backs) with this new set up.

#75 7 years ago

@Unigroove: All the way from the Netherlands! Wow. Right on! Wait until you see the woodrail collection.
@PracticalSteve: All right then. Let's rock. Alameda rules!
Tony, tony, tony....

Pinsiders! Remember your stinking badges!

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Tony, tony, tony....>

Yes?

I know...I know....I'm gonna regret not going, just like CAX last year.

#77 7 years ago

Well now we need to find a way to see each other soon, gonna miss you!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Actually, Alameda is closer. I think the Civic Center was the perfect place for PPE..... Embassy Suites right next door, not to mention the Wright building is beautiful. Having said that, I wish PPE much success with the new location.

I'm just glad it's back. Just wish I had known sooner so I could have gone this time.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Well now we need to find a way to see each other soon, gonna miss you!

Same here, Buddy!

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Anyone from Fresno coming up

My son and I are coming. I know Wade Krause is coming also.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My son and I are coming. I know Wade Krause is coming also.

Thanks! I am going to send you a PM tonight.

#83 7 years ago

I visited the Pacific Pinball Annex (as the location is now called) last night. 1 word: WOW! Over 350 games set up with so many rare games. Absolute must see! Looking forward to this show.

#84 7 years ago

Shoot the moon - Pacific Pinball Expo 7, Pacific Pinball Museum collection. Photo credit: Santiago Ciuffo

Pacafic Pinball Museum Annex - Shoot the moon (Photo credit Santiago Ciuffo) (resized).jpgPacafic Pinball Museum Annex - Shoot the moon (Photo credit Santiago Ciuffo) (resized).jpg

#85 7 years ago

VIP show wore me out.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow
this time i am going to play more pinball
instead of just gawking.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

VIP show wore me out.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow
this time i am going to play more pinball
instead of just gawking.

Next year I am there for sure!

#87 7 years ago

There one one really great display exhibit,
that was put together by a pinball enthusiast from Colorado, (sorry forgot his name)
but really ingenious and creative way to visually display the workings of pinball mechanics.
Everything from Flippers to pop bumpers
to magnets to bagatelles to horsey unit to baseball running man unit,
and also turned some of them into a interesting interactive skill game
onto themselves.

PTDC0455 (resized).JPGPTDC0455 (resized).JPG
PTDC0456 (resized).JPGPTDC0456 (resized).JPG
PTDC0449 (resized).JPGPTDC0449 (resized).JPG
PTDC0453 (resized).JPGPTDC0453 (resized).JPG
PTDC0452 (resized).JPGPTDC0452 (resized).JPG

#88 7 years ago

Also a few pictures of the vast woodrail and EM pinball collection at the show.
Sorry for poor quality of photos and bad lighting.
No other show on earth,
has such a complete and vast collection of pins on display (most working)
of pinball from the 1930-1990 eras (from all Manufacturers).
Amazing that they were able to get this show revival off the ground
in only a few short months since acquiring the new Pinball Museum annex (warehouse).
It will only get better with each year to come, as more games get dusted off and shopped out.
In reality they have already out grown the space
with all the other machines recently donated and soon to be donated.

PTDC0457 (resized).JPGPTDC0457 (resized).JPG
PTDC0458 (resized).JPGPTDC0458 (resized).JPG
PTDC0459 (resized).JPGPTDC0459 (resized).JPG
PTDC0460 (resized).JPGPTDC0460 (resized).JPG
PTDC0464 (resized).JPGPTDC0464 (resized).JPG
PTDC0461 (resized).JPGPTDC0461 (resized).JPG

#89 7 years ago

Cant wait to go tomorrow! lets hear more reports from today!

#90 7 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

Hawkmoon is cruisin around here somewhere

#92 7 years ago

Yeah the party last night was awesome - tonight is a woodrail tournament too - come play some old school and get some WPPRs!

#93 7 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#94 7 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#95 7 years ago

I'd love to see some video of that in action please!

#96 7 years ago

What type f game play is there? Similar to pagg? For the fave and expense I'm hoping o play a wide variety of games UT mostly I'd love to play 80'a 90'a and modern games also any areas with games for sale?

#97 7 years ago

"No other show on earth, has such a complete and vast collection of pins on display (most working) of pinball from the 1930-1990 eras (from all makes)"

I am sorry but that statement is NOT true.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

What type f game play is there? Similar to pagg? For the fave and expense I'm hoping o play a wide variety of games UT mostly I'd love to play 80'a 90'a and modern games also any areas with games for sale?

You'll be disappointed if you're looking for a lot of new titles . A lot less DMD games than PAGG.

#99 7 years ago

What do they have for sale game wise? Vendors?

You there tomorrow motocat?

#100 7 years ago

Specifically is there a night moves for sale?

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppe-returns/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.