PTDC0461 (resized).JPG
PTDC0464 (resized).JPG
PTDC0460 (resized).JPG
PTDC0459 (resized).JPG
PTDC0458 (resized).JPG
PTDC0457 (resized).JPG
PTDC0452 (resized).JPG
PTDC0453 (resized).JPG
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Number 7 , I believe, and counting

Shoot_the_MoonPoster_(resized).jpgShoot_the_MoonPoster_(resized).jpg

http://pacificpinball.org/events/pacific-pinball-exposition-7

#3 7 years ago

Awesome!!!!

#4 7 years ago

Nice

#6 7 years ago

Thread Bump for the greatest pinball exposition I've ever attended. I've traveled there three times and no other pinball extravaganza matches it.

Michael Schiess and Larry Zartarian are two of the greatest gentlemen in all of pinball.

Be there or be square.

#7 7 years ago

And only a little over a mile west of the PPM!

#8 7 years ago

Love the poster!

#9 7 years ago

I got into pinball after PPE stopped and everyone was like, "it was the best show" so I am super psyched for this!

#10 7 years ago

OUTSTANDING news!

#11 7 years ago

Rats, can't go this year - already have plans, next year for sure!

Super cool poster, wonder how I could get one of those?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Super cool poster, wonder how I could get one of those?

I am sure Mike will give anyone who assists with the massive pinball move
from Bakersfield to Alameda this weekend; a signed poster.

#13 7 years ago

Sweet, I'm there!

#14 7 years ago

This is great, can't wait! Love that it's in November, too - too easy to miss events in the summer due to vacations, etc!

#15 7 years ago

I LOVE that this is pretty much exactly 6 months between PAGG, so now we get a great show twice a year at just the right time!

#16 7 years ago

That poster is awesome.

#17 7 years ago

The best pinball show ever

#18 7 years ago

I've absolutely loved past PPE's. My all time favorite pinball expo. A little concerned about what I've read on Pinside about the location this time, but we'll see.

#19 7 years ago

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I've absolutely loved past PPE's. My all time favorite pinball expo. A little concerned about what I've read on Pinside about the location this time, but we'll see.

You know I'm local, what are your concerns? Pm me if you like

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I don't think I can go because it's Veteren's weekend, and my family already has plans (bummer), but I'm curious about the location, as well. The pic below is the venue (warehouse), and looking at Google Maps street view and satellite, there's no parking, no restaurants or hotels, it's all warehouses and industrial for several blocks around it. I'm assuming people would be driving here from their hotels. Can this area accommodate that kind of parking? What kind of food will be offered at the show? Not concerned (especially since I can't go), but just curious.

PPE_Warehouse_(resized).jpgPPE_Warehouse_(resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

PPE set the bar pretty high for other shows. IMHO, PPE became the premier pinball show for several reasons, but primarily because of the venue. The Marin Civic Center, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, was a perfect facility. Polished concrete floors, elegant lighting, restaurants in the immediate area, ample parking, and clean restrooms. The bonus was having Embassy Suites across the canal (with waterfowl). Embassy Suites offered an awesome breakfast, a place for an afternoon nap/cocktail hour, and meeting rooms for seminars. It was the perfect pinball show.

I assumed the 'next PPE' was going to be held at the Carnegie Bldg. Let's hope the temporary venue is more than a stagnant warehouse with porta-potties lined up outside.

Good luck to the organizers, as you have a tough act to follow...

pacifpin4_(resized).jpgpacifpin4_(resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

The new location is a warehouse. They moved from the old warehouse location to this new bigger warehouse. It's so big they can set up their machines. At the old location they were busting at the seams and could not set up anything. This is obviously not going to be anything like the Marion Center. But they rent this place so they don't have to move all the machines, they are permanently there.

#24 7 years ago

I am sure Mike and his PPM/PPE team will have solutions and answers for all those questions and concerns.
There may be a few bumps in the road in getting this first revival show off the ground,
but i am certain it will live up to expectations and the high bar set by the original PPE shows.
I expect the dynamic of the show will be similar to that of the first couple of Arcade Expo shows in Banning.
Probably food vendors set up in trailers and tents with ample parking set aside.
Admittedly hotels and other restaurants will be about a 5-10 minute drive away.
Alameda is a nice safe community, and much of Oakland nearby is not the ghetto, that so many think it may be.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

PPE set the bar pretty high for other shows. IMHO, PPE became the premier pinball show for several reasons, but primarily because of the venue. The Marin Civic Center, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, was a perfect facility. Polished concrete floors, elegant lighting, restaurants in the immediate area, ample parking, and clean restrooms. The bonus was having Embassy Suites across the canal (with waterfowl). Embassy Suites offered an awesome breakfast, a place for an afternoon nap/cocktail hour, and meeting rooms for seminars. It was the perfect pinball show.
I assumed the 'next PPE' was going to be held at the Carnegie Bldg. Let's hope the temporary venue is more than a stagnant warehouse with porta-potties lined up outside.
Good luck to the organizers, as you have a tough act to follow...

I totally agree....One more thing that i loved about The Marin Civic Center was the Sunday morning Farmer's Market. Loved waking up to live acoustic music. It was really the perfect venue..... Gonna reserve judgement until more details are unveiled, but like Steve in Escalon said, the location in San Rafael had me spoiled and is indeed a tough act to follow.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Alameda is a nice safe community, and much of Oakland nearby is not the ghetto, that so many think it may be.

I would like to echo this sentiment. Alameda has a lot of nice eating spots, fun things to do, etc. There is the High Scores arcade where for 5$ you can play old school video games for an hour (why you would want to stop playing pins is beyond me, but still) lots of cool antique shops, great bars etc.

of course we will have to see about the warehouse and parking itself, I am going to give the the benefit of the doubt for now.

#27 7 years ago

I'm just happy to have a 3rd show in NorCal again. I'll definitely support it. It'd be really cool if PPM did 2 shows a year in the warehouse, maybe name the show something else so people don't compare it to the original PPE...

#28 7 years ago

Have you guys been to PAPA? Old factory building in the middle of nowhere, no hotels or food within 5-10 mins drive.

Haven't been to Clays yet but it appears to be out in the countryside.

Like it or not, cheap warehouses in B grade locations are about the only financially viable location for a large collection.

rd

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't think I can go because it's Veteren's weekend, and my family already has plans (bummer), but I'm curious about the location, as well. The pic below is the venue (warehouse), and looking at Google Maps street view and satellite, there's no parking, no restaurants or hotels, it's all warehouses and industrial for several blocks around it. I'm assuming people would be driving here from their hotels. Can this area accommodate that kind of parking? What kind of food will be offered at the show? Not concerned (especially since I can't go), but just curious.

Yeah, I'm convened about parking as well. Don't really see any in the area. As far as food, about the closest selection you'll find to here is to go east on Pacific (this is the nearest cross street to the warehouse) and go about a mile to Webster st. where there's a whole bunch of places to eat.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

As far as food, about the closest selection you'll find to here is to go east on Pacific (this is the nearest cross street to the warehouse) and go about a mile to Webster st. where there's a whole bunch of places to eat.

I am sure they will have food trucks on site as well.

#32 7 years ago

This is the best pinball news currently on this forum.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am sure Mike and his PPM/PPE team will have solutions and answers for all those questions and concerns.
There may be a few bumps in the road in getting this first revival show off the ground,
but i am certain it will live up to expectations and the high bar set by the original PPE shows.
I expect the dynamic of the show will be similar to that of the first couple of Arcade Expo shows in Banning.
Probably food vendors set up in trailers and tents with ample parking set aside.
Admittedly hotels and other restaurants will be about a 5-10 minute drive away.

Don't forget about Bosco!
http://patch.com/california/alameda/couple-campaigns-to-save-their-beloved-pig-even-durinf8a9acd08f

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

This is the best pinball news currently on this forum.

"We have a winnah!"

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I would like to echo this sentiment. Alameda has a lot of nice eating spots, fun things to do, etc. There is the High Scores arcade where for 5$ you can play old school video games for an hour (why you would want to stop playing pins is beyond me, but still) lots of cool antique shops, great bars etc.
of course we will have to see about the warehouse and parking itself, I am going to give the the benefit of the doubt for now.

It will be MUCH closer to Forbidden Island than I currently am, so I will be there.

Anyone else wanna meet sometime Sat at the Island for some awesome Tiki drinks?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you guys been to PAPA? Old factory building in the middle of nowhere, no hotels or food within 5-10 mins drive.
Haven't been to Clays yet but it appears to be out in the countryside.
Like it or not, cheap warehouses in B grade locations are about the only financially viable location for a large collection.
rd

Not too much different from Arcade Expo, except Expo does have parking at least.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Love me some Tiki Drinks, unfortunately I will not be able to make it out this year so have one for me.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It will be MUCH closer to Forbidden Island than I currently am, so I will be there.

I would be down, been wanting to meet you for years as well so that's a bonus

#39 7 years ago

I would be down, been wanting to meet you for years as well so that's a bonus

Awesome! But forewarning: just a normal pin guy, not a Cliffy or Steve Charland by any stretch

#40 7 years ago

Just got back from a quick tour of the new warehouse with Mike.
Totally awesome and huge.
There is parking along the sides of the building on both sides of the street
and several large empty lots (unfenced but paved) that could be used for parking,
all within 1000ft of the warehouse, probably hold 300-400 cars each easy.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not too much different from Arcade Expo, except Expo does have parking at least.

Yeah, forgot about Banning. An old factory at an Airport. And awesome too.

rd

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Awesome! But forewarning: just a normal pin guy, not a Cliffy or Steve Charland by any stretch

Normal guys rule! I should know, I am one of them!

#43 7 years ago

I might have to travel down now, since I am back in striking distance.

#44 7 years ago

Anyone know if they will need volunteers at the show? Is it only PPE pins or is there going to be a call for people to bring stuff as well? Parts vendors?

#45 7 years ago

And the million dollar question, anyone bringing pins for sale?

#46 7 years ago

And the million dollar question, anyone bringing pins for sale?

What ya lookin for

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

What ya lookin for

I'm hoping to have a little money coming my way by then (tax return limbo) so nothing big and crazy. I wouldn't mind finding an EM like night rider or a random D list game that could be fun for a minute, like Hollywood heat or cactus jack.

A nice swords of fury or sorcerer would be awesome, but possibly out of my price range

4 weeks later
#48 7 years ago

They (PPM/PPE7) are looking for volunteers
to help set up games
in the coming weekends prior to the show on Nov 11-13,
earn free admission to the show depending on how many hours you work.

#49 7 years ago

Depending on the dates for 2017 I'll be there and gladly volunteer.

#50 7 years ago

Help us get ready for the return of
Pacific Pinball Museum Expo #7 -
"Shoot the Moon!"

We need 100’s of games set up, and we can do it with your help!

Volunteers will receive 1-day Expo admission for 4 hours of work, or a 3-day pass for the entire show for 8 or more hours of work.

Drinks, lunch and snacks will be provided for all who attend these set up dates!

Volunteer with us on the following weekends from 10am-5pm:

Saturday Sept. 17th and Sunday 18th
Saturday Sept. 24th and Sunday 25th
Saturday Oct. 1st and Sunday 2nd
Saturday Oct. 8th and Sunday 9th
Saturday Oct.15th and Sunday 16th

If you are GAME to help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator:
d’Arci Bruno 415-602-4629 or [email protected]

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ppe-returns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.