A4AD7E55-EA51-4F54-8F7A-A0B694EEFDB0 (resized).jpeg
506_large_image (resized).jpg
bench-press-back (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_7797 (resized).jpg
20181126_153453 (resized).jpg
20181121_151726 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I only got into basic lifting because pinball machines are heavy!
can only deadlift 280 but working towards 300 before I hit 40. But I'm not serious or anything, just train once a week.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Good luck on hitting 300! I bet you can easily accomplish this if you deadlift for low reps/heavy weight once or twice a week. I would recommend doing a warm-up set or two and then doing one work set. cait001

Thanks for the encouragement! It's a bit harder for women who want to lift, but I've found more and more other women that are getting in to it. I have two friends that have even competed.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Watching top competitors really puts you in your place, unfortunately.

Same with pinball, same with anything really.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I want to hear your guys' opinions on mixed grip vs. hook grip for deadlifting. I use hook grip, myself, because I prefer going overhanded and mixed grip personally doesn't work for me because my right shoulder hangs lower than my left. Does anyone else prefer hook grip over mixed? To my knowledge, mixed is a lot more common.

Hook, and for the exact same reason you cite.
My grip is my week point, so maybe mixed would assist in that regard, but the shoulder/posture difference kills it for me.

#43 5 years ago

OH GOD I HAD NO IDEA WHAT ATLAS STONES WERE WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE???

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Now I'm up to (working sets) 230 bench, 225 squats and 225 deads.

what the what? A benchpress higher than a deadlift???

#88 5 years ago

in regards to inspiration, can people talk about how lifting has effected them in regards to pinball? particularly moving and manipulating machines...

#94 5 years ago

well if you're gonna do a festivus feat of strength, STTNG or DM are definitely great choices.

1 month later
#126 5 years ago

happy to share that I hit my goal of a 300 deadlift! As a woman, I wanted to say that I could lift a pinball machine.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There are many other possible "weak links"

Find your weak links and shore them up...they will push you past any sticking points towards your goals.

My grip was my obvious weak link. So I started picking up kettlebells and carrying the straight up in the air, gripping them so they don't tip over, and walking around the gym with them bottoms-up. The grip strength is essential for keeping their bottoms pointing straight up to the ceiling.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Checking your grip strength is one way to see if you are overtrained. Your grip strength is a key indicator of whether or not you're recovering properly.

since this is pinside...
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=11692

3 weeks later
#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

These things are WAY off. One of my 45's weighed 49.6lbs!

wow!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Inbidy is pretty cool for those that have access to it. Breaks down body fat by body part to show you if any parts are lagging behind.

Is that the machine where you make a connection at both feet and hands and then it alternates current between points to accumulate the readings?
I did one similar to that.
I also got to use a metabolism measuring machine where you breathe in and out for like 10+ minutes. Said my RMR (resting metabolic rate) was 3100 calories/daily. I am sure many of you would measure MUCH higher

#155 5 years ago

here is a question for those pushing 50 and beyond: what is the best way to treat power lifting and weight training to maximize safety and strength longevity?

i.e. in 10 years I'd rather not be someone popping back on to this thread talking about the injuries that derailed me...

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Does anyone have one of those "multi-grip" bars? Thinking about picking one up.

I've used one. If you have the space for it, great way to revisit classic exercises and tweak different muscles in the process.

1 week later
#170 5 years ago

for those of you who work out at home, have you ever taken what you felt was a dumb risk trying to bench a new PB without a spotter? Any stories?

1 month later
#210 5 years ago

what kind of lifts do people find most worrisome for their knees?

6 months later
#254 4 years ago

I benchpressed 175 which is my PR

1 month later
#267 4 years ago

when people here do squats what do you use on your shoulders? Are you just laying the bare bar across, using one of the padded bars, using other forms of padding assists?

#272 4 years ago

thanks for the tips, everyone. That placement is way better, but also I think it was the bar I was using had a very fresh grip and was digging in to me a bit. I'm enjoying the squats.

3 years later
#278 1 year ago

I gave up weightlifting during the pandemic. Unsure if I'll get back to it, because I like my home workout routine. Was able to do a 300 deadlift and was happy with that because duh of course I measure my success in being able to lift a pinball machine... but never got up the strength to try for a JJP lift.
My primary focus now is avoiding injury, and all that entails.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powerlifters-of-pinside-?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.