A4AD7E55-EA51-4F54-8F7A-A0B694EEFDB0 (resized).jpeg
506_large_image (resized).jpg
bench-press-back (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_1504 (resized).jpg
IMG_7797 (resized).jpg
20181126_153453 (resized).jpg
20181121_151726 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

51 years old 5' 9" and 193 lbs (need to lose 20). Recently cranked up my workouts. Lifting 6 days a week. 3 days heavy (5 rep sets) one day off then 3 days light (10-15 reps). Right now my bench is still ahead of my squats and deads. I have a longer history of benching when I was younger but neglected my legs. Then it got worse when I started my career. Spent all day sitting in a chair or in my car. Got so bad that I was having knee and ankle issues due to muscle atrophy! When I started squatting I could only handle 115 lbs.

Now I'm up to (working sets) 230 bench, 225 squats and 225 deads.

All freeweights...in my basement with a rack.

Next plan is to cut my weight down into the 170's but at minimum maintain my lifts.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Don't be a "captain upper-body"! astropin

Well I've added 110 lbs to my squat so far.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

what the what? A benchpress higher than a deadlift???

Probably not max...but working sets at the moment...yep. Max bench is 265, haven't tried a max dead.

1 week later
#112 5 years ago

Thinking about picking up an SSB (Safety Squat Bar)...anybody used one?

SSB (resized).jpgSSB (resized).jpg

1 month later
#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Now I'm up to (working sets) 230 bench, 225 squats and 225 deads.

Just since posting that my deadlift has increased to 275lb working sets and around a 350 max. And that was with taking two weeks off for a vacation. Although I did switch to doing deads with a trap/hex bar.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

When did you start using a belt on deadlifts? I have never injured myself or felt any pain from doing deadlifts so I have chose not to wear a belt for now. nexyss

I pretty much never use a belt working out. That being said I always wear a belt when attempting near maximum or maximum deadlifts or squats.

You can also lift more with a belt (if you're using it correctly).

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Bar position for squats: High bar or Low bar
Which method do you prefer?

Low. I follow Mark Rippetoe for squats and find the low bar hold way more comfortable. I also squat as low as possible ("ass to the grass") and have no problems going well below parallel.

#132 5 years ago

I'm certainly not a top expert but I do like to study (my degree is actually a bachelor of science in exercise physiology with a focus on kinesiology) and I like to stay current even though my day job has had nothing to do with my major for the last 20 years. So just a few things I've picked up along the way.

As you work up into heavier weights (vs your body weight) shoring up weak links becomes even more important:
1) Core strength. I used to think I had pretty good core strength; after all, I was squatting and deadlifting and those build core strength right? They do...but not enough as the weights go up. You need to work specifically on your core (think abs and lower back mostly). Bringing up this weak area will increase all your major lifts (including bench) and help you get past a "stuck" phase. If you can't bring your legs straight up beyond parallel when hanging from a pull-up bar then you need to work on it. I couldn't do one good one. Had to start out doing them with bent knees and it was still a bitch. Now I can crank out sets of 10 legs straight...abs and hip flexors build fairly quickly and can handle high volume.
2) Wrists...wrap them on heavy pushing movements (Bench, Incline bench, dips...etc...) TIGHT...should not be painful or have your hands turning blue...but shy of that your good...much loser and you're not. Wrist are a major genetic weak point for me...mine are 6.5 inches if I'm being very generous. But even if you have Lou Ferrigno wrists...if you're powerlifting it probably means you're still moving weight that can damage those big wrists of yours. Wrap them and forgo the long layoff from an unnecessary injury.
3) Pull-ups....for me and many...another weak point. For point of reference if you are doing working sets of bench press with 225lbs then you should be able to do a set of 10 pull-ups with 270lbs (body weight included of course). Basically...to be "equal" your back should be 20% stronger than your chest...if it isn't you're out of balance which can lead to shoulder issues. I'm currently WAY out of balance, but I'm working on it. A major weak point in the pull-up is the BRACHIORADIALIS (https://www.earthslab.com/anatomy/brachioradialis/) of the forearm. For clarification a "pull-up" is palms facing away from you...a "chin-up" is palms facing towards you and bring into play your biceps.

There are many other possible "weak links"

Find your weak links and shore them up...they will push you past any sticking points towards your goals.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

My grip was my obvious weak link. So I started picking up kettlebells and carrying the straight up in the air, gripping them so they don't tip over, and walking around the gym with them bottoms-up. The grip strength is essential for keeping their bottoms pointing straight up to the ceiling.

So far my grip has been okay. It might show up as a weak point if my deads get heavy enough. I have a pair of very fat 45lb bumper plates that I like to pick up edge on every time I use them. There are no grip holes in them and not much of an edge so it takes some grip to lift them. I also keep a grip strength meter on hand. Checking your grip strength is one way to see if you are overtrained. Your grip strength is a key indicator of whether or not you're recovering properly.

Another note on grip. When doing pulling exercises (Lat pull-downs, rows, pull-ups etc...) never grip with just your fingers! You are begging for a tendon or ligament injury in your elbow doing that. Get the pad of your palm just below your fingers in the grip...that will save you a lot of grief dealing with tendonitis of the elbow...not a fun injury and a very frequent one.

1 week later
#139 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Arent we all powelifters for moving pins from basements to ungodly locations?

Weekend warriors begging for an injury.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Could anyone here give me advice on meal prep? I want to eat a better lunch at school, specifically on my lifting days.

Hard to beat chicken and rice. A good "go too" meal.

1 week later
#145 5 years ago

Shit... I made the mistake of weighing my old plates! These things are WAY off. One of my 45's weighed 49.6lbs! One of my 25's weighed 23!

So...buying new "calibrated" plates...haven't decided which ones yet. Rogue's are accurate to 10grams! But damn they are pricey.

#148 5 years ago

Still shopping for new accurate plates. I've decided I really don't need (or care to pay for) Rogue's competition steel plates that are accurate to 10 grams. I'm not competing.

So I've narrowed down to a set of "Six Shooter" Rogue machined plates (accurate to within 1%) with an extra set of 45's thrown in for a total of 335lbs worth (I have one pair of 45's that I will be keeping that are both 45.4lbs).

OR

Fringe bumper plate set (custom set). Mostly their "Black Training Competition" plates. Very accurate and a total of 295lbs including four 45's. I like that their competition bumpers are very thin compared to most. The 45's are only a hair over 2" thick. I also like that they have a color stripe around the outer edge (blue for 45's green for 25's...etc...).

Price is very close between the two sets with the Rogue's being a little cheaper and including an additional 40lbs of weight. But the Fringe plates are thin bumpers which might be nice for quieter lifting...especially on deads.

decisions...decisions.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Inbidy is pretty cool for those that have access to it. Breaks down body fat by body part to show you if any parts are lagging behind.

Not sure what the point of that would be since you cannot "spot reduce" body fat. Fat follows a "first on, last off" principle. Which itself is a bit of a misnomer since you don't actually lose fat cells but only shrink them.

Single digit body fat is VERY impressive (especially at your age)...good luck to you sir. Sounds like you are well on your way.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Just picked up a black zinc Ohio deadlift bar . I'm assuming most people won't care, but you guys likely will

One of the best bars out there for the money...nice pickup.

Does anyone have one of those "multi-grip" bars? Thinking about picking one up.
multi-grip-barbell-swiss-full-800 (resized).jpgmulti-grip-barbell-swiss-full-800 (resized).jpg
mg-2-lg (resized).jpgmg-2-lg (resized).jpg

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I've used one. If you have the space for it, great way to revisit classic exercises and tweak different muscles in the process.

I just picked up one of these (stolen pic from the web) Click on the picture for a "full res" view.
Football Bar (2) (resized).jpgFootball Bar (2) (resized).jpg
Mine should arrive by early next week. My new weight plates will be here Thursday.

This was the only "multi-grip" bar I could find that had rotating collars and would for sure fit competition plates with their tight tolerances. It was pricey and hard to find but the reviews on it are very good. I also leaned towards a bar that had all angled grips and grips that were knurled. The bar is 45lbs.

I will use it for incline bench, standing bent over rows, tricep extensions and standing bicep curls to start with. Might even mix-up flat benching with it. Should take a lot of stress off the shoulders (that's what these multi-grip bars were originally designed for...in fact this one is still referred to as a "football bar").

#168 5 years ago

So these showed up today:

Fringe (resized).jpgFringe (resized).jpg

Also...new PR today on bench...got 5 reps with 245. I've done 5 with 240 in the past but never 245. Next goal is to get 7 with 250...which should equal a 300 lb single. Then "three plates".

1 week later
#169 5 years ago

New PR on bench today...280. built myself a deadlift platform over the weekend also. Nothing fancy, just four pieces of good plywood cut, glued and screwed together. No rubber sides since I'm on carpet in my basement and using bumper plates.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

for those of you who work out at home, have you ever taken what you felt was a dumb risk trying to bench a new PB without a spotter? Any stories?

In my younger days yes. Got "stuck" in college and had to roll the bar down until I could sit up (that left some marks). After that I stopped putting on collars.

Now I always bench and squat inside a rack. Although one day I noticed my safeties were not in place after almost failing on my last rep. Now I make sure to double check.

BTW a rack with safeties is WAY safer then having a spotter...although both can be nice.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I lift at home and I have a power rack. I bench press inside of the rack, but the safety bars can only go above or below my chest, so I can not make use of them when I bench press.

?

That sucks but there are multiple ways to fix that. Raise the rack. Raise your bench (easiest). Get a new bench. Get a new rack. If the pins are only a little below your chest than that can still work. Compressing your chest a little is okay vs the bar being able to hit your neck.

I would never bench without safeties in place now. Seen to many accidents with benching.

#176 5 years ago

Have you guys seen this 5'9" 150lb guy who can bench over 400lbs! - https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos

Very inspirational...or depressing...depending on your outlook I find him very inspirational. Totally legit...the guy must have some freak genetics in addition to his insane workout schedule. And before you ask...yes he pretty much only benches...but damn! Not many guys can press four plates...and virtually all of them are way bigger/heavier than this guy.

I was so inspired I've begun to incorporate some of his training...mostly "paused reps" and "heavy singles".

Next to Jen Thompson this guy has to be the best bench presser I've ever seen (pound for pound). This is more impressive to me than what Larry Wheels can do. Sure he does more total weight but he's also a huge guy.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

He's legit I've been following him for years. All he does is bench. Lots of different gyms with different witnesses and spotters over the years. He video tapes lots of his workouts. It's insane watching him do sets of pause reps with strict consistent form higher than my 1RM.

I know... crazy right? Like I said... freak genetics. He's definitely legit. I believe one of his earliest videos shows an actual competition from when he was in college and he sets a collegiate record. He's in his 30's now.

#183 5 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else say "fuck you" to the barbell before doing a heavy lift?

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

No, I respect my weights (I am being completely serious).

lol...I treat my equipment very well. It's really more of a fuck you to the little voice in my head saying "I don't know man...that's pretty heavy and you didn't sleep great last night" But I direct it as if it's the barbell saying that.

#187 5 years ago

Programs? There are so many out there and I've tried a few but I just feel like I've lifted long enough and tried so many different ways that I'm actually better off just doing my own thing. Not sure about that though...I might just be cocky/ignorant. Stronglifts 5x5 just seems like it's geared more towards beginners or early intermediate lifters. 5/3/1 seems like it's really geared towards very advanced (read hard to still make any gains) lifters.

So I'm kind of doing my own thing. I mean it's based off a lot of things I've read/seen...and also just seeing what seems to work for me. Although I do like to "mix it up" and have adjusted my programs rather frequently. The one I'm doing now I call the "wave" and it's slanted towards strength gains (New goal is trying to get into the 1000lb club...I'm 100lbs away...or 33.3lbs per lift )

An example of my current routine would be this: (Bench) 2x/week
2 sets of just the bar
1 set of 135lbs (half reps for 15-20) by "half rep" I mean the lower half of the lift...chest then halfway up
1 set of 155lbs (half reps for 10) All of this is just to get fully warmed up and get the blood flowing into the pecs.
End of warm-ups
1 set of 10 at 175
1 set of 8 at 200
1 set of 6 at 225
1 set of 4 at 240
1 set of 2 at 255
2 sets of 1 at 265
1 set of 4 at 245

I have been incorporating some "paused reps" into this routine as well (holding the weight at my chest...but not resting on my chest for a 1 to 3 count).

Now...being 51 I will tell you that this routine takes me a long time. This is no 30-minute bench routine...at least not for me.

So its fairly high volume at 36 (working) reps total (and that can vary a little), but with a slant towards heavy low rep sets (5 sets at 4 or fewer reps). Then just increase every other workout by whatever additional weight you can handle (2 1/2 pounds or 5 pounds per set). Doing something very similar with squats (on a different day), but after doing that I can not run the same program with deads. So my deads are a more traditional 5x5 or 6x4 or 4x6.

#189 5 years ago

I have a "push" day, "pull" day and leg day. My main lifts are bench, squat and deadlift because I'm focusing on building those lifts.

After benching I will also do dips and some incline dumbbells, overhead press... then blast my triceps.

Pull day has been a little off lately since I'm dealing with a tendon injury. But I mix up lat pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, pullups, cable rows, landmine rows... then blast my biceps.

Leg day is focused on squats and deadlifts but I will mix in lunges, nordic curls (hamstrings) landmine squats (single leg) and a couple other movements.

I hit abs in different ways every workout.

Right now it's push day, pull day, day off, legs, day off, repeat.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

If you are focusing on the 3 power lifts, I would suggest changing up your schedule. Each of the 3 lifts should get their own day. You can’t hit both squats and deadlifts hard enough in the same workout to improve both of them. A second upper body day would be ok if you want to add it, but I would make the primary exercise overhead press to give the shoulders and tris more work. I find rows to be a good accessory lift on deadlift day. On bench day, lat pull downs leaning back are good, since it is the same basic position as bench.
I think you will find, as the weights get heavier, that you only have enough energy for quick biceps stuff, since you really need to focus on things that improve the 3 main lifts.
I also wouldn’t go down to heavy doubles and singles on bench that often. Maybe the last 6 weeks before a contest, and I would drop the volume during that. Let those tendons heal up a bit with a little higher rep range farther away from a meet.

Thanks for the insights. Always appreciate feedback.

That being said I do not compete and have no plans to. I do have goals though and will have to think about what you have said regarding achieving my goals.

Low reps and heavy seems to be working for me and I've seen others do it that way. Then again I'm no spring chicken and a long layoff from an injury would suck.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Nice routine! I hope your injury heals soon and well. I know that being injured can really put you down, especially when it prevents you from training. astropin

Yeah...my right elbow is in bad shape...my own fault for not addressing it sooner. I'm going to see what I might be able to get away with (I can still do leg day) but if I aggravate it at all I'm going to take two weeks off and go from there. I hate taking time off...especially when things were progressing nicely.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Has anyone tried the three finger/eagle grip for squats? I have been dealing with wrist pain from squats due to my lack of shoulder mobility. Last training session, I tried this new grip and fell in love with it! I completed all of my sets without any wrist pain. When I first learned about this technique, I was skeptical if it would stay secure. However, I was able to control the bar with each rep that I performed. I would recommend that you try this grip if you are having wrist pain, even with a thumbless grip.
[quoted image]

Good timing...about to squat...I'll try it.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I would like to hear your opinion if you end up trying it. You place your index, middle, and ring finger above the bar and place your thumb and pinky finger under the bar. I discovered this grip in this video: I did not watch the full video, I only watched the part where the man discusses grip and bar placement.

Okay...for whatever reason it didn't work for me. It created more flex in my wrist then my normal grip which is all five fingers on top/side of the bar. Something like this (but not exact):
Squat Grip (resized).jpgSquat Grip (resized).jpg
I'm just able to keep my wrist the straightest with this grip. I also normally wrap my wrists when I squat to avoid any possible/accidental over flexion. My wrists are very injury prone if I'm not careful. I really wrap them tight when I bench heavy.

And just for the heck of it, here is my deadlift setup:
DeadLft (resized).jpgDeadLft (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#202 5 years ago

Fairly loud (but not ear damaging) hard rock. I specifically look for certain songs for my heavy sets. I can lift without it, but definitely get something extra with the music. It does not ruin my concentration on good form at all.

1 week later
#207 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Down to 197....far enough under 200 that I won’t need to worry about any fluctuations to put me temporarily over 200.
Last time I was this light, was when I started college in August 1996. I was 195 when I started.
However, I didn’t lift before I started college...so I’m in much better shape today than when I started.

Fantastic job! You probably just added a decade to your life expectancy.

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

Best raw was my best raw was #490. They’re getting over #200 out of those stupid shirts now.

I really don't get the whole "shirt" thing....wtf? How did that ever happen? Raw is the only thing that makes sense.

Now arching I get...but they really need to limit how much you can arch...its gotten beyond carried away.

#213 5 years ago

Just picked up a Titan monolift for my rack. I love it for benching! Haven't tried it for squats, but I'm not sure I really need it for squats.

20181121_151726 (resized).jpg20181121_151726 (resized).jpg

#214 5 years ago

No one liked the monolift? I think it's Amazing! Also picked up the Rep fitness all stainless steel power bar on black Friday. What an amazing bar for the price.

20181126_153453 (resized).jpg20181126_153453 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#223 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Monolifts are controversial. Most federations do not use them in competition. The biggest argument that competitive lifters have against monolifts is that they do not require the lifter to walk out the weight. All records have been set by walking the weight out. Therefore, using a monolift may be seen as unfair because modern lifters could potentially handle heavier weight compared to the old school lifters because they would not have to walk it out.
astropin

Well I don't compete so I think it's fantastic. But don't most powerlifting competitions allow the spotter to lift and position the bar? I was talking to a guy who does compete and was mad beacasue at his last meet the spotter brought the bar out too far and it threw him off.

Had a new PR on bench yesterday...7 reps with 240lbs.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Imagine if this happens while you are lifting that bar over your face. You can be a real man all you want. Just catch it on video if shit goes wrong.

Which is why I always bench inside a rack! Bench press is one of those rare lifts that can actually kill you with one mistake...no thanks.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Monolifts are just for squats.

Originally yes...but not anymore. I'm not yet squatting weights that I can't "walk out"...probably never will. But...I HATE reaching back for the bar on bench press. Especially when I'm doing heavy (95% of my 1RM) sets. Now I can get set up perfectly under the bar and just press up and then come straight down...no pulling the bar into position.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

In this man's case, he could have prevented this from happening. He could have called for the spotter earlier, he could/should have lowered the bar back down to his chest instead of dropping it

That's the thing... he didn't drop it on purpose... it just happened. A spotter can't help you when that happens. Which is why I only bench in a rack with safeties. I've never dropped... doesn't mean it can't happen.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I have a question? What do you consider a legit bench press? I always touched the bar to my chest before pushing it back up, but see guys lowering it inches before hitting there chest and raising it back up. When exercising i wouldnt think it really matters but while lifting heavy it seems like cheating if your that far away?

For me it's always been touch and go. For training I often pause at my chest (not resting on my chest though), for 1-3 seconds. Not on every rep...I just sprinkle them in.

Competition benching needs to address the back arch! You should have some arch when you bench. But some of these competitors/contorsionist have taken it WAY to far. They need a height off the bench limit I think. Like no more than the height of a football...or something.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Could you explain why you have a problem with excessive arching? Arching takes the load off of your back/spine and makes your upper body tight and more activated. This is vital to performing a good heavy bench press. As long as your butt doesn't come off the bench, then arch as far as you can/like. But don't look like this guy... astropin

I have no problem with arching...I arch. But I do have a problem with excessive arching (like in your picture). It's just absurd and not a real bench press at that point. They need to institute a height limit on the arch. Or maybe say the bar must travel at least "x" number of inches. A height limit would be easier.

Got a new PR on bench just yesterday...4 clean reps with 265. I've been following a powerlifting program called nSuns since December 1st. It's a lot of volume but seems to be working so far.

2 weeks later
#250 5 years ago

Got 275 for 3 reps on bench today. Still 5' 9" and still 190lbs. Deadlift is up to 420 max. Squats took a dip because I have switched to doing Safety Squat Bar (SSB) squats. I really like the SSB squats but they are like a cross between front and back squats. They do hit your quads more than back squats.

4 months later
#251 4 years ago

So...it's been roughly 4 months since my last post. Took a vacation...took a "de-load" and then recently got back on the nSuns powerlifting program since it was working well before.

PR on bench this past week - 280 lbs for 4 clean reps. Puts my estimated at 310. Getting close to my "3-plate" goal.
Still Deadlifting 420 max....just kind of holding there...not really pushing it.
Making progress on my SSB squats. Got 3 clean reps at 275 which is where I was on back squats before switching to SSB. Seems like no matter what I do my bench is staying ahead of my squats and I've been really going hard on the squats. Just not my best lift I guess.

2 weeks later
#253 4 years ago

I'll keep this alive...another PR on bench press...4 clean reps at 285. Felt like I might have been able to pull off 5 but I had a long workout in front of me.

1 week later
#255 4 years ago

Man, I've just been killing it on bench press lately...not sure why but I'll go with it until I hit a plateau. I got 4 good reps at 290 lbs this week. That should equal a 316 lb max (315 has been my long term goal). Now If I can just get my squats to 315 I will have reached all of my big goals - 3 plate bench, 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift. Working on my (strict) overhead press as well. Up to 165 on that and would love to get to a bodyweight OHP. Not bad for a 52 year old.

4 weeks later
#259 4 years ago

Benched 300 lbs for 3 reps yesterday. I remember the last time I tried 300 I wasn't even close to pressing it.

On a bad note, I hurt myself for the first time on squats. It was during a 280 lbs set and I felt a strain in my left leg on that way up. That ended leg day. That being said it does not appear to be serious. Just two days later and it already feels a lot better...think I just lightly strained it; thankfully.

1 week later
#262 4 years ago

Put up 315 today! I was pretty sure I could do it since I put up 300x3 last week...but it doesn't count until you actually do it so:

http://www.kizoa.com/Movie-Video-Slideshow-Maker/d282853023k2572355o1l1/315---3-plate-bp

Arms a little shakey but it actually went up pretty smoothly. I think I might have been able to get two. But I was excited to hit this milestone and already celebrating in my head so decided not to go for a second rep. I'm pretty sure I could have done a little more.
Felt so good that I treated it as part of my normal bench routine and then continued to finish out the rest which included 3 reps at 285, 5 at 270, 3 at 250, 5 at 235, 3 at 225 and finished with 10 at 205...then went on to do close grip inclines. Feeling good today.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

I am built weird. I have shorter legs and a longer torso it seems. Squats are easy. Deads are not. I've been working my way back up to the 4 plate squat and can do 335 pretty easy on my last set. But deadlifting the same weight is difficult. Weird!

I'm your polar opposite...deads come pretty easy...squats are my bane. I can actually bench more than I can squat! I have a short torso and longish arms.

3 years later
#277 1 year ago

I haven't chimed in here in over three years. 55 now and still 190 lbs and holding. Can still bench and squat 315 and my deads are up to 500. Did a set of 10 with 400 lbs the other day. Injuries still keep creeping in...mostly tendons, which are a pain in the ass. I've been squating with a Buffalo (or Bison) bar and really like it...easier on the shoulders. Recently added and started doing boxing workouts with something called a LITEBOXER. I like it. I've always hated doing cardio so the Liteboxer is a nice/fun way to add some in.

8 months later
#283 6 months ago

Still lifting 4-5 days a week. Had minor surgery on my upper back (melanoma...get checked)...so that knocked a few weeks out, but already back into my normal routine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powerlifters-of-pinside-?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.