Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Cathaldub
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 6.34.39 PM (resized).png
    IMG_8255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8258 (resized).jpeg
    20230507_160321 (resized).jpg
    20230507_155625 (resized).jpg
    20230507_160701 (resized).jpg
    09A10D22-9C2B-4362-9DEE-55460E7C689E (resized).jpeg
    C983DF99-992B-4721-84FB-7A954643CDDA (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Just realized these are a thing and some look really damn sweet. My fears are what appears to be relatively short loops and I’m curious if that’d get tiring/old quick.

So… do you like them? Do they continually loop the same all game or are they more interactive than that?

Cheers!

#2 2 years ago

I’ve got one for my Iron Maiden and I love it. Does not get old as I’m not focused on it. Defined plus to the overall art package.

#3 2 years ago

Link?

#4 2 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PINGRAFFIX

My fav is the BKSOR one there - looks absolutely sick, but not sure if it pays to take off mirror blades for it. My other pins are naked so might go with MB one as I kinda like that too.

#5 2 years ago

Oh sick like art blades but with EL panels in them.. do they lift a draw off the flasher circuit? That would be pretty cool if they sync to the flashers. Sorry still on 90s machines and didnt even knew this existed!!

#6 2 years ago

They are awesome but go out of stock fast and don't tend to get restocked

#7 2 years ago

I have the BKSOR ones and absolutely love them. They only make a limited number of them so get them while you can.

#8 2 years ago

Glad you guys like them!
    So if anyones interested..we just restocked a whole bunch of our PowerBladez:
    https://www.pingraffix.com/powerbladez

To answer a few questions. NO they do not draw any electric. away from the main components of your Pin.
    They hook up to the dollar bill validator cable outlet. The outlet is located usually behind the backglass on Stern games and CG games have a matrix that they can tie into.

Some are sound interactive..meaning they sync to the sounds of there Game. Off the top of my head MET, LOTR are sound activated.
    Other designs are on a continuous loop.

They do go fast..it's pretty hard to keep them in stock. We will be making more designs and more Power Products. right now we are finalizing one for Eliva House of Horrors.

The videos do not do them justice, You need to see them in person. My personal favorite is Jurassic Park design with the animated rain drops... looks killer.

If anyone is going to be at the Allentown Show.. please stop by our booth and see them for yourself.

Best!
    —Joe

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Glad you guys like them!
    So if anyones interested..we just restocked a whole bunch of our PowerBladez:
    https://www.pingraffix.com/powerbladez
    To answer a few questions. NO they do not draw any electric. away from the main components of your Pin.
    They hook up to the dollar bill validator cable outlet. The outlet is located usually behind the backglass on Stern games and CG games have a matrix that they can tie into.
    Some are sound interactive..meaning they sync to the sounds of there Game. Off the top of my head MET, LOTR are sound activated.
    Other designs are on a continuous loop.
    They do go fast..it's pretty hard to keep them in stock. We will be making more designs and more Power Products. right now we are finalizing one for Eliva House of Horrors.
    The videos do not do them justice, You need to see them in person. My personal favorite is Jurassic Park design with the animated rain drops... looks killer.
    If anyone is going to be at the Allentown Show.. please stop by our booth and see them for yourself.
    Best!
    —Joe

Any idea if you will be making any for Alien (PB version)?

#10 2 years ago

My buddy has them on his JP pro. I’m not a mod guy but they are pretty awesome. With the rain and lightning looping it looks really cool. Definitely eye catching in a lineup.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Yes please, Alien PB needs some mod attention from all you modder makers.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I've been in contact with Joe and he's looking at it right now

#13 2 years ago

I'm still holding out hope that they will make some for Addams Family someday.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from andyharsh:

I'm still holding out hope that they will make some for Addams Family someday.

I put the Metallica creeping death power blades in my Addams 3-4 plus years ago. I was in on first batch.
    Love them, just love them in my hot mess Addams.
    Kind of a spot light/pinstadium substitute.
    They ad light, just enough to help and give me lighting bolts and gravestones.
    Gina and Joe are good people and love their products.

1 week later
    #15 2 years ago

Decided to get a BKSOR powerblade but doesn’t appear to fit? Took out mirror blades, but PB against back bracket but it severely overlaps washer/screw.

Thoughts?

09A10D22-9C2B-4362-9DEE-55460E7C689E (resized).jpeg09A10D22-9C2B-4362-9DEE-55460E7C689E (resized).jpegC983DF99-992B-4721-84FB-7A954643CDDA (resized).jpegC983DF99-992B-4721-84FB-7A954643CDDA (resized).jpeg
    #16 2 years ago

Why is their a wood screw with a washer holding overlapping the leaf button nut? The nut should be holding the button in place and the washer would be unneeded. I would take a dremel and grind back the spot to fit the cutout for the flipper button.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Why is their a wood screw with a washer holding overlapping the leaf button nut? The nut should be holding the button in place and the washer would be unneeded. I would take a dremel and grind back the spot to fit the cutout for the flipper button.

Remove that extra washer and screw, or move to the other side.
    My Zeppelin had this. Something stern is adding now to flipper buttons.

#18 2 years ago

Just got them for my AFMR cant wait to put them on.

1 year later
    #19 11 months ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Decided to get a BKSOR powerblade but doesn’t appear to fit? Took out mirror blades, but PB against back bracket but it severely overlaps washer/screw.
    Thoughts?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I am just now getting around to installing my powerblades on a Jurrasic Park Premium and I have yhe same issue. I've been told to trim them by many but I can't see doing that. I have removed the set screw holding the flipper buttons and I'm going to attempt installing that way. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who had this issue.

20230507_155625 (resized).jpg20230507_155625 (resized).jpg20230507_160321 (resized).jpg20230507_160321 (resized).jpg20230507_160701 (resized).jpg20230507_160701 (resized).jpg
    #20 11 months ago

Looking for help on my Power Blades I picked up in Allentown yesterday for my BKSOR please!

I can’t get them to power on.

The kit came with the box, a single power cord (no power splitter like in all of their videos), and the Y cable to get both blades to a single input into the box.

I guessed that the open two prong female plug just to the inside left in the coin door was the ticket, but no luck. Nothing powering on.

Yes the coin door switch is pulled out

Any hints for me?

IMG_8255 (resized).jpegIMG_8255 (resized).jpegIMG_8258 (resized).jpegIMG_8258 (resized).jpeg
    #21 11 months ago

Hello
    Thanks for coming by.... It was great to see you all.. So the reason your not getting power is because you are not plugged into the correct place. You want to go behind the backglass.

Please read and download the PDF instructions here: https://www.pingraffix.com/_files/ugd/ae11fd_17fd35cc076841d081fefd0a71c9e0f6.pdf?index=true

This is where you should be connecting to:
    Screen Shot 2023-05-07 at 6.34.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-05-07 at 6.34.39 PM (resized).png
    Hope that helps.... If not I can be reached directly at:
    [email protected]
    —Joe

#22 11 months ago

I'm curious: has anyone put both Pinstadiums and Powerbladez on a machine? Seems like the pinstadiums would detract from the PBz.

#23 11 months ago

I got them on my godzilla, MET, and IM. Couldn't be happier.

The question is will I rip off my alien mirror blades one day? Joe?????

#24 11 months ago

I also bought a set of Godzilla power blades at Pinfest ( very nice people ) this past weekend and watching the install video it is showing to plug into the power supply box in the back box but I already have speaker lights plugged into that spot, does any one know if there is another spot other than the connection in the back box? Also I did not receive that flat squeegee tool, is the one side of that tool rubber? Just trying to figure out what else I could use to take the bubbles out without hurting the blades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

#25 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

I also bought a set of Godzilla power blades at Pinfest ( very nice people ) this past weekend and watching the install video it is showing to plug into the power supply box in the back box but I already have speaker lights plugged into that spot, does any one know if there is another spot other than the connection in the back box? Also I did not receive that flat squeegee tool, is the one side of that tool rubber? Just trying to figure out what else I could use to take the bubbles out without hurting the blades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

I use rapidtac spray and position with my hands. Powerbladez are thick so I've never had bubbles. Also somebody sells splitters for power.

#26 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

Thanks

Bill Validator Power Splitter for Stern SPIKE 2 use:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Accessories.html

If you order and don't mind it possibly taking an extra day to get delivered....you can e-mail and let me know you want it shipped First Class and I can get a few bucks back to you on the shipping.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#27 11 months ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

I use rapidtac spray and position with my hands. Powerbladez are thick so I've never had bubbles. Also somebody sells splitters for power.

Thank you, where would I pick up rapidtac?

#28 11 months ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

Bill Validator Power Splitter for Stern SPIKE 2 use:
    http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Accessories.html
    If you order and don't mind it possibly taking an extra day to get delivered....you can e-mail and let me know you want it shipped First Class and I can get a few bucks back to you on the shipping.
    Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks Doug for your help, I just ordered and sent you a message.

#29 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

Thank you, where would I pick up rapidtac?

Rapid TAC Application Fluid for Vinyl Wraps Decals Stickers 4oz Sprayer https://a.co/d/42emKPX

Gives you extra time to place everything before the blades stick.

#30 11 months ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

Rapid TAC Application Fluid for Vinyl Wraps Decals Stickers 4oz Sprayer https://a.co/d/42emKPX
    Gives you extra time to place everything before the blades stick.

Thank you!

6 months later
    #31 4 months ago

Does anyone know are these still in business?
    They show stock on their website for Metallica powerblades but I’ve emailed them from the email button on their site and got a bounce back that the info mailbox doesn’t exist, I also note they haven’t been active on Instagram in over a year.

#32 4 months ago

And does anyone know what way the power blades are packaged? I was planning to get them delivered to my sister in MA but she’ll have to bring them over to me in her suitcase next time she’s in Ireland, I just want to make sure they’ll fit and won’t be damaged, I assume the actual side blades are rolled up in a tube, same as standard blades?

#33 4 months ago

They are still in business. The blades come in a small box rolled up with the power box.

#34 4 months ago

Thanks

#35 4 months ago
    Quoted from Cathaldub:

Does anyone know are these still in business?
    They show stock on their website for Metallica powerblades but I’ve emailed them from the email button on their site and got a bounce back that the info mailbox doesn’t exist, I also note they haven’t been active on Instagram in over a year.

Hi there. Yes ,we are still in business. Unfortunately, our web company had to migrate over to GMAIL server and the email has been problematic using the old email [email protected]. The new-mail is [email protected] or [email protected]/. I have gone through the site and removed all instances of the old email address. We can also be reached via our business phone number 1 (516) 518-5960 or a message can be sent through our Contact page here: https://www.pingraffix.com/contact

The PowerBlades ship in a 12 x 6 x 6 or 10 x 10 x 10 box. You can't completely roll them up because they will crease and get damaged. The can however be semi-rolled.
    We have our most popular PowerBladez in stock as of right now including Metallica. Hope that answers your questions.

#36 4 months ago

Thanks, for all the explanations, might be new year when I get to order.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powerbladez-do-you-like-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.