Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5516 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Ok so powerball is up over 300 million that's a big ass jackpot folks someone has to win it.

Plop down your 2 bucks and dream.

#2 7 years ago

Yup Just keep throwing your money down the drain.

#3 7 years ago

I used to feel that way.

But the luck swirls around my head that Denies logic now after a stroke and 3 brain surgeries.

Maybe it swims around your head now too.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Right because there aren't a thousand ways we all throw money away every day, in far more stupid manner, right?

Drinking, leaving lights on, keeping the A/C a few degrees higher or lower than it really has to be, seeing first run movies, BUYING NIB GAMES...

#5 7 years ago

I don't think I could handle being rich...being totally honest...the lure of young cars and fast girls would be to much for my marriage... ...........Joey

#6 7 years ago

If you a lottery, you can buy more pins.

Added over 7 years ago: If you win a lottery,

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

It is entertainment to me and I get my money's worth pondering all the great pinball machines I will buy when I win. I get entertainment enjoyment out of the two bucks that I wouldn't have without buying a ticket, plus people do win the lottery so as my grandfather would say you have to have your line in the water to catch a fish. A guy at work used to laugh at my voluntary tax as he called it as everyday he would show up to work with a Starbucks coffee (or as I called it 5 bucks). Most everyone throws money down the drain in someone else's eyes.

#8 7 years ago

you got a be in it to win it

#9 7 years ago

If I was to win you will all have an new amazing new arcade to visit when you come to Los Angeles area I promise you that.

#10 7 years ago

Ever since it went to $2, I rarely play. For a buck me and the dog can dream. Two bucks is my cookies from the store.

Back when it went to 950 million I bought one. Got the powerball - $4, then next time a billion and a half I bought another one. Nothing. I broke even, better than most I figure.

LTG : )

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Ok so powerball is up over 300 million that's a big ass jackpot folks someone has to win it.

Take cash, and after taxes, more like 120 million. Not worth it, I'd have to scrimp to get by.

#12 7 years ago

I know the odds suck but you never know. Stranger things have happened. You could be the freaking winner. We need good news folks.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

It is entertainment to me and I get my money's worth pondering all the great pinball machines I will buy when I win. I get entertainment enjoyment out of the two bucks that I wouldn't have without buying a ticket, plus people do win the lottery so as my grandfather would say you have to have your line in the water to catch a fish. A guy at work used to laugh at my voluntary tax as he called it as everyday he would show up to work with a Starbucks coffee (or as I called it 5 bucks). Most everyone throws money down the drain in someone else's eyes.

+1. They are selling a dream, and I get more hours of amusement with that daydream than most of the $1.99 games available on my phone

#14 7 years ago

Nobody won still time to plunk down 2 bucks and dream on 300 plus million.

I would pay more taxes in my lifetime than I ever thought possible.

1 week later
    #15 7 years ago

Just so everyone knows, I was not the winner.

#16 7 years ago

Me neither crap.

I gotta tell you though the odds just no longer seem to apply to me. I don't know what the fuck happened.

Good or bad , the odds seem to be taunting me like a joke in life now.

I just need to capitalize on the good now.

#17 7 years ago

I think you're due for the luck to change,Azmodeus, might as well keep playing once in a while!

#18 7 years ago

If it is meant to be it will happen. I don't listen to all the naysayers about odds. Yeah they are crazy odds but the fact is people do win and beat the odds. What the heck can you buy for $2 anyways...ok Lloyd can get his cookies and if I win I will buy him a lifetime supply, I don't need the calories lol.

5 months later
    #19 6 years ago

OK $700,000,000.00 Powerball do you have your ticket for tonight? Buy pinballs!

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

$700,000,000.00 Powerball

Winning this = no more [this game] vs. [that game] decisions.

Among other pluses of course.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

OK $700,000,000.00 Powerball

So about 450 million if you take cash. 300 million after taxes.

I don't know. I'd have to scrimp a little.

I hope a Pinsider wins it !

#22 6 years ago

Step 1: Pay off House

Step 2: Pay off cars

Step 3: Make sure I dont lose it all

#23 6 years ago

I'd buy that cabin Jan Michael Vincent lived in on Airhawk. Eagle's Nest I think it was called? How the F is that guy still alive BTW?

#24 6 years ago

I guess no one remembers almost a year ago when they discovered a fix in the system where lottery officials had friends winning in multiple states and altering who won. They did try and keep it low key but look it up. They said statistically the jackpot should have gotten bigger without someone hitting. Now it does gets bigger.

one ;ink from quick search -> https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2017-06-12/former-lottery-worker-pleads-guilty-to-xx-in-wisconsin

I used to try winning without playing. Now I buy the occasional ticket but have the same results.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So about 450 million if you take cash. 300 million after taxes.

You will have to scrimp a bit more than that. Fed Tax rate is > 39% plus your local taxes.

Rule of thumb is about 1/3 of jackpot with cash and after taxes.

But you can still buy a kingpin so it doesn't really matter to much.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

You will have to scrimp a bit more than that. Fed Tax rate is > 39% plus your local taxes.
    Rule of thumb is about 1/3 of jackpot with cash and after taxes.
    But you can still buy a kingpin so it doesn't really matter to much.

In CT the "Tax me to Death State" anything over (I think) about 2.5M gets extra special attention pushing it to around %50.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

I guess no one remembers

The thing I remember, from too many years ago.

Any time money is involved, it can be fixed.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The thing I remember, from too many years ago.
    Any time money is involved, it can be fixed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-lottery-rigging-scam-sentence-20170822-story.html

#29 6 years ago

Someone in my little home town hit the jackpot. I'm SURE it's going to be someone I know and someone I hate. It would just make sense.

#30 6 years ago

False alarm! 6 hours after reporting that the winning ticket was sold at Handy Spa in Watertown, the lottery issued a correction. The winning ticket was actually sold in Chicopee MA, and hour and a half west of here. Handy Spa did sell a million dollar ticket apparently.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Handy Spa did sell a million dollar ticket apparently.

Not to me.
    I bought a ticket for the hugemungous jackpot, but normally don't. I had no matching numbers, which I guess is pretty typical.

#32 6 years ago

Good news JPop won, maybe I'll get my $10,000 back he stole.

IMG_5516 (resized).JPGIMG_5516 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Good news JPop won, maybe I'll get my $10,000 back he stole.

Is that where JPop's been all of this time, hiding in bed?

4 years later
    #34 2 years ago

Just wanted to let you know you missed out here on this here and so did I. Stopped playing scratch off just a little to early. Read on....

INDIANAPOLIS, IN. (WXIX) -Indiana lottery officials will be paying over 600 players who mistakenly won $5,000 while playing a new scratch-off.

Officials say that the mix-up came from the vendor, IGT Global Solutions Corp., who caused the $20 Golden Jackpot Fast Play tickets to show that players mistakenly won $5,000.

Lottery officials say that they will still pay the players.

They pulled it the first day before to many of those tickets got bought.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powerball-not-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.