Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by stevevt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

powerball.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

After playing my friends mint TZ and playing the PowerBall I decided to order a PowerBall for my single ball Bad Cats lol. I am curious what other machines you guys/ladies have used the PowerBall in? As well how you liked the gameplay?

powerball.JPGpowerball.JPG

#2 10 years ago

I really enjoy putting one in Fireball. Give even more variety to an already feature filled game.

#3 10 years ago

My buddy has a powerball in his Airbourne Avengers and it plays real well, he tells me that it plays like a sloth with a regular ball.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I really enjoy putting one in Fireball

I love Fireball! I cant imagine how fast I would get owned with a Powerball in Fireball! haha

Quoted from MagicMako:

My buddy has a powerball in his Airbourne Avengers and it plays real well, he tells me that it plays like a sloth with a regular ball.

I agree, for a cool layout some speed would help. I only bought one ball. About $30, but I imagine I will toss it into a few of my pins. I think it could play really well in my Abra Ca Dabra or El Dorado.

#5 10 years ago

Hey Captain!

I was thinking of trying one of those in my Bally Star Trek. I think it would look real good in that pin too. Just wish they weren't so expensive!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jags:

Hey Captain!

I was thinking of trying one of those in my Bally Star Trek. I think it would look real good in that pin too. Just wish they weren't so expensive!

A powerball would look great in bally Star Trek! Would complement the artwork perfectly. $27 may be a bit steep for a ball, but worth it if it makes the gameplay more enjoyable.

#7 10 years ago

Put a few in Iron Man. Or Johnny Mnemonic.

#8 10 years ago

I think you'd run into trouble with the hand magnet on JM.

The tournament at the NW show had a Flash with a power ball (and lightning flippers) a few years back. Very fast and very difficult.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from erichill:

I think you'd run into trouble with the hand magnet on JM.

Yup. Lots of magnets in Iron Man, too.

#10 10 years ago

I bet a lot of EMs would play a lot quicker with a powerball...

#11 10 years ago

My Space Invaders played far, far better with a powerball. Crazy flow and powerful mini flippers made that game a blast.

#12 10 years ago

I have one in my POTO and it's an awesome effect. Highly recommended.

#13 10 years ago

I bet a 5-Multi powerball would be CRAZY! lol

#14 10 years ago

I have one in a Paragon. Love the way the play in wide bodies because it speeds up the play. Also put one in Fathom, and it broke the 1-2-3 targets within a few games because it moves so much faster.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkxdream:

Fathom, and it broke the 1-2-3 targets within a few games

Holy Crap! I hope my Bad Cat can handle it. Hate to see a broken plastic.

1 year later
    #16 9 years ago

Bumping this thread because I put a TZ powerball in my Black Pyramid recently, and it makes it a bit harder and a bunch more fun. I had a bunch of people over last night, and I only heard compliments about it.

[There were probably some complaints, but I only *heard* the compliments. ]

#17 9 years ago

HEY - this may the dumb-ass repair to a weak flipper in any game that doesn't use magnets... hummm I think we are on to something here guys!-- don't fix the problem - HIDE IT!!! AH -HA!!

#18 9 years ago

You can also use Glo Balls as well, just like a powerball but with the additional benefit of working with magnets and comes in different colors.

http://modmypin.com/

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

You can also use Glo Balls as well, just like a powerball but with the additional benefit of working with magnets and comes in different colors.
    http://modmypin.com/

Plus, when you buy a set of these for your single ball game, you get to have 3 backups for no particular reason.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powerball-for-single-ball-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.