Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mbwalker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210331_191327 (resized).jpg
    20210331_172102 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20210326_111601 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Power switch on Alien Poker broke the other day. It was a toggle switch.

Can someone suggest a source for a decent push on/push off switch instead of a toggle switch than would hold up well? Also fit in the same space so no drilling?

Thanks in advance...

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Seamlesswall:

The switch shown above is a momentary, you want a pushbutton On/Off.

Indeed you are correct. Lowes has toggle 10A switches but only momentary push button 10A, no ON/OFF type... Search continues...

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Maybe this guy? (Don't know if it fits.)
    https://www.parts-express.com/NTE-54-651-SPST-Momentary-Off-On-Push-Button-Switch-15A-125V-060-902\
    If not, I didn't search long - so maybe you'll find something else.
    BTW, excellent place to buy new speakers for your pin too...
    Digikey would be another good place to check.
    [quoted image]

I think this one is also momentary based on description. Harder to find than you may think. I've spent some time looking. Plenty of toggles thou..

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey Cujo, I'm curious why you don't want a toggle switch. Restoring to original maybe? Personal preference?

The last toggle I put in was a son of a booger to move back and forth. Got harder in time. It was so hard to move, my better half couldn't even turn it on/off.
    It was a switch I bought at Ace that lasted less than 2 years so was hoping to change it up with a push button switch instead.

Not opposed to another toggle that's easy to flip. The Ace one started off easy to move but got difficult not much later.

#17 3 years ago

Going to try another toggle style switch. Can't get two crappy ones in a row, can I? No luck on the push button type that will fit existing hole.
    So I want a DPST for Alien poker?

#19 3 years ago

Don't have the switch I replaced a couple years ago (went in trash).
    Not sure what the "original" switch would have been.
    I'm sure I just replaced it with the same specs of the last switch by looking at the PN on it.
    For now, I have a jumper on the switch contacts and plug the game in when I want to play (for now).
    Will dig in deeper this weekend on it.

#22 3 years ago

Here is the broken switch I had gotten at Ace a couple years ago.
    20210326_111601 (resized).jpg20210326_111601 (resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Yep, should work. And thanks for taking the picture. The reason I asked about taking a picture was there seems to be some discussion regarding the switch being single pole or double pole (and I'm not sure if it was ever decided).
    I couldn't find an Alien Poker schematic so I grabbed a Firepower schematic. That shows a single pole, single throw switch.
    [quoted image]

Thanks for doing that mbwalker.

I think a SPST switch will be fine as long as it's 10A or higher.

Does the Firepower schematic give a rating on what amperage the switch should be?

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Unfortunately, it does not give a part number. I checked a few other similar vintage Williams pins and no part number was listed for the switch. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
    Looking at the Firepower fuse rating - it's rated for 7.5A. So the 20A switch definitely should have you covered.[quoted image]

Went with this one today. Walked into ACE HW and I never even saw it before online.
    In and working like it should. Thanks!

20210331_172102 (resized).jpg20210331_172102 (resized).jpg20210331_191327 (resized).jpg20210331_191327 (resized).jpg
    #29 2 years ago

Thanks. Walked into ACE HW today and they had the same switch you linked. Bought one, it's in and working as it should.
    Thanks for that link!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-switch-replacement?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.