Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jasontaps
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

power2_919licWab5L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_1734.JPG
    20150211_172215.jpg
    20150211_172146.jpg
    image1.JPG
    image.jpg
    20150206_204210.jpg
    20150206_204214.jpg
    20150206_204603.jpg
    61yvLXxAwNL._SY355_.jpg
    345250.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Didn't I read the power supply has been moved to the bottom right of the head? If so, that switch is probably integrated into the supply, and as a cost saving measure Stern just made the pin fit the board.

Yes. Arcade power supplies are the same deal, which is why they're almost always in the bottom corner of the cabinet...where it's totally inconvenient lol.

3 weeks later
    #72 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

My bigger worry is whether there is a outlet in the cabinet for Soldering Iron or test equipment. My guess is no, since they moved the switch.
    Maybe someone knows?

EUUUUGHHHHH....god, if they didn't leave a service port that would be the dumbest thing known to man...

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Well I am all for maximizing the space when it comes to adding games. Time to get a sledgehammer into that wall and expand that collection.

Great, then why don't you just hustle down here with licensed contractors, and help them do the work for free to remove the fireplace that's to the right side of the lineup, or the foot thick wall that delineates our bedroom hallway from our living room in our sub-1000 sqft condo. Oh yeah, and by the way, that wall is full of electrical and coax wiring that our two non-remote pins and the jukebox and the TV that hangs on the wall are connected to, so not sure how you're going to make those float in open air, since you won't have any access to fish the wire through the ceiling....because we're in the bottom floor of a 2-story building with no attic access.

By the way, even if you blew out the left wall entirely, and redid all the wiring, you STILL would not gain enough space to have a sixth machine on that side without blocking our bedroom door. You might get 4-6 inches, after moving the existing machines to a "comfortable apart distance" if you're lucky.

We would love to remove the fireplace, but I don't have any experience with construction, and I'm not paying anyone to do it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-switch-location-on-spike?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.