9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Barron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We had a huger storm in Asheville NC recently that resulted in a downed tree in my driveway that took out a power line that resulted in a powersurge in the house. Many things were damaged Flat screen TV, iPad, Computer Monitor, CH/A unit and most tragically my beloved Rollergames. It will not turn on at all, my other machines all boot up error free so far, but Im not getting anything from RG. The tree that fell came from a neighbors yard so there has been a insurance claim filed and the agent assures me everything will be replaced. My question dear forum readers is this, Should I purchase another RG or have my current one repaired, or perhaps take a cash payout and put it towards another machine?

Has this happened to anyone else?

thoughts, opinions, and rants are welcome.

thanx in advance!!!

#6 9 years ago

My repair skills are substandard at best.

I understand that it is probably a easy quick fix, maybe. I work on the road 9 months a year. everytime I ve attempted to work on a machine i have only made it worse.

i just want it to be in the operational state that it was in prior to the event.
Since a insurance claim is involved I want to make sure there is no residual problems stemming from this incident.

If it is to be repaired I would want to send it to a tech in order to a proper once over has been made for all functions on the machine.

i won't be home for a few months so I will not be able to check the fuses, which could be what it is wrong with it, in the mean time a adjuster is coming to verify the damage to the house and electronic components.

#7 9 years ago

I agree

i think sending it to get fixed is the best course of action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-surge-rollergames-rip?tu=fuzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.