Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lindsey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Help needed . Just bought a bally future spa the led on the mpu stays on solid green . I checked tp 1,3,5 and 7 on mpu board all within 10% . Power supply tp 1 should be 5.4 mine 7.7 , tp 2 230 mine 238 , tp 3 11.9 mine 13.1 , tp 4 7.3 mine 6.6 and tp 5 is OK . Tp 1 and 3 are more than 10% of what they should be would that affect boot up ? I was told the mpu board had recently been repaired . I'm still a beginner repairing ss , I need a little guidance .

#2 9 years ago

You mentioned that you checked TP 1,3, and 5 on the MPU? You should check test points 2 and 5. TP5 will be for the +5VDC and TP2 for the +12VDC. TP4 is ground. If there is no 12V for some reason, the MPU won't boot because the reset circuit won't work.

If those voltages are good, this is a good opportunity for you to get a bench power supply and test the MPU on the bench. A simple PC power supply will suffice.

Should be info on PinWiki regarding MPU troubeshooting and repair and the old pinrepair.com info is great if you can find it.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern

If you have specific questions during the troubleshooting which are not covered in either of those places, post them here.

#3 9 years ago

I was checking my ic`s and found one with a broken pin , little bit of solder problem fixed . Going to order ic kit and all new connectors .tks for the reply Lindsay .

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from steamfitter:

I was checking my ic`s and found one with a broken pin , little bit of solder problem fixed . Going to order ic kit and all new connectors .tks for the reply Lindsay .

Nice work!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 199.95
$ 85.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-supply-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.