Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JoachimR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Wouldn't be awesome if Stern makes a Power Rangers pinball to celebrate their 25th Anniversary? It would be a Premium/Limited Edition/Red Ranger Limited Edition/Pro.

#3 6 years ago

That's one theme suggestion I don't think I've actually heard before. There's probably plenty of material for modes.

I doubt it's popular enough to be considered, though.

The new movie wasn't particularly outstanding.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sabans_power_rangers/

#4 6 years ago

Could be cool but i would not be interested.

#5 6 years ago

George Gomez has his "Give me 5 things", which could be the 5 Ranger colors. One interesting shot for each. Then have your main gimmick/toy have something to do with the Green/White Ranger. Could be interesting, but hopefully wouldn't follow the pattern of every single episode. Fight goofy bad guy, get beat up, make the robot, start off losing, strike a pose and make some bright light come out of your weapon, win.

#6 6 years ago

A better theme would be YuGiOh or Pokemon . Put in a card dispencer to give collector cards and you have young kids playing pinball .

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

A better theme would be YuGiOh or Pokemon .

Pokemon Go find the pinball machine, lol

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

Id rather see a Voltron than power rangers

#9 6 years ago

Nah, I'll pass.

#10 6 years ago

No thanks terrible idea for a title

2 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago

It would be awesome if based on the first 3 seasons I'd be in for that.

#13 6 years ago

I live in Japan and most certainly no

#14 6 years ago

I don’t know many 5 year olds that can afford to buy NIB, or that hang out in bars and play pinball.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from ichigokurosaki91:

Wouldn't be awesome if Stern makes a Power Rangers pinball to celebrate their 25th Anniversary? It would be a Premium/Limited Edition/Red Ranger Limited Edition/Pro.

No it wouldn’t, it would be the opposite of awesome.

#16 6 years ago

A lot of negativity here, and no I'm not 5 years old
    I guess that you wouldn't understand this if you weren't a kid in the 90's .
    Same goes for themes like BM66 or WOZ. I couldn't care less about these themes but I understand that they have sentimental value for others and that it doesn't mean they can't be kick-ass pinballs

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's one theme suggestion I don't think I've actually heard before. There's probably plenty of material for modes.
    I doubt it's popular enough to be considered, though.
    The new movie wasn't particularly outstanding.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sabans_power_rangers/

I have to say, my son got tickets to see that movie at an advance screening, and I actually thought it was WAY better than it had any reason to. I don't mean to say I'm going to buy a NIB Power Rangers game, but the movie had far more depth to it than it had any right to. I dont' really know the power rangers backstory, so maybe it was too far off of the tv show story, but I expect to absolutely hate the movie, and I was completely on board (against my will!) by the end. If Toy Story is a viable theme, I dont' see why this couldn't be as well. Power Rangers was mega successful back in the day.. those kids are now in their 30s and 40s...

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoachimR:

A lot of negativity here, and no I'm not 5 years old
    I guess that you wouldn't understand this if you weren't a kid in the 90's .
    Same goes for themes like BM66 or WOZ. I couldn't care less about these themes but I understand that they have sentimental value for others and that it doesn't mean they can't be kick-ass pinballs

Fair enough. I was a parent in the 90’s that had to try and hunt down Power Rangers toys for my kid which were in very, very limited supply. I remember standing outside a Toys-R-Us before they opened up with a bunch of other parents because they had a shipment come in. When the doors opened everyone ran through the store to get to the toys and in less than 5 minutes they were all gone. I remember thinking how crazy it was and how the whole point of the show was just to sell the toys.

#19 6 years ago

5 power rangers, green ranger, bulk & skull, rita repulse, goldar, lord zedd, putty patrol, bones, king sphinx, pudgy pig, eye guy, terror toad, spitflower, slippery shark, (oooooo! I almost forgot,) Zordon, Alpha 5. Honorable mention: Ivan Ooze.

I'd say there is enough for a pinball machine.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I don’t know many 5 year olds that can afford to buy NIB, or that hang out in bars and play pinball.

You “don’t know many...” But you know some?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Power Rangers was mega successful back in the day.. those kids are now in their 30s and 40s...

These are exactly my thoughts to, although I would say between 30 and 40

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Fair enough. I was a parent in the 90’s that had to try and hunt down Power Rangers toys for my kid which were in very, very limited supply. I remember standing outside a Toys-R-Us before they opened up with a bunch of other parents because they had a shipment come in. When the doors opened everyone ran through the store to get to the toys and in less than 5 minutes they were all gone. I remember thinking how crazy it was and how the whole point of the show was just to sell the toys.

I was 7 when it first aired here It wasn't that bad around here although the most popular rangers would always be sold out. I do think the toys came when the show was already running, but that's in my memory so I could be wrong. But looking at the prices for these toys (especially the original zords) on ebay or any other second hand site suggests that there is still quite some demand for them even today. They even have limited runs of remakes (legacy) on these toys.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-rangers-pinball-anybody and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.