Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170711_180601193 (resized).jpg
    varistors.JPG
    belkin_power_surge_protector.jpg
    42-102-070-16.jpg
    C910-8625-G01-sp.jpg
    91rHgV0xZLL._SL1500_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whistles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinsideMike:

I use Cyberpower battery backups on all my electronics.

I use a nice 8-outlet Cyberpower ups on my PC/network setup. Works fantastic! Has nice room for wall-worts and four of the outlets are backed up. Will probably use something from them for my pinball machine- learned their HQ is only a few miles from my house, didn't even know until I saw it on google maps one day

#11 9 years ago

If you are not concerned with power failures (especially those who have buried electrical and few to no brown-outs) something like this would be serious business http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ISOBAR4ULTRA-Isobar-Protector/dp/B0000513O4/ref=pd_sim_pc_4

Wont have a back-up but they seem to be the best at protecting high value equipment.
    91rHgV0xZLL._SL1500_.jpg91rHgV0xZLL._SL1500_.jpg

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from prock:

Most, if not all, games come with a MOV (metal oxide varistor) installed. It protects the game from surges and will short to ground if there is a surge.

My microwave had a varistor instead of a fuse that is supposed to act like you describe. There was a lightning strike a few years ago (unsure if it hit the house or just a nearby tree) that totally fried the microwave. That was only $400 to replace, i'm not sure I would trust a pin to one of these alone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whistles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-protection-what-do-you-use?tu=whistles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.