(Topic ID: 202415)

Power Play, still trying to fix wiring hack....picture please!

By Sonora70

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
DSCN2846 (resized).JPG
DSCN2845 (resized).JPG
DSCN2844 (resized).JPG
DSCN2843 (resized).JPG
BOPP1 (resized).jpg
power play coil wire hack (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

This is my second post to this topic....a picture from IPMD was sent to me on the last post. I thought it would help but I'm still needing better resolution. You can see in my picture the wires that are cut.....there are several black soldered on the right flipper switches, I believe those are supposed to be other colors. I have 2 yellows, there is also a small black wire with a red band that has been cut from something. There's a white wire and I can't figure out where the tan wire off the relay goes. Any pics or verbal help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

power play coil wire hack (resized).jpgpower play coil wire hack (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Bottom-middle of page 7, of the schematics, has the wire color codes.
Page 8 has the flippers and up & down post solenoids.

Both yellows get tied together, with the tan, and go to the banded-diode side of the up (release) solenoid I believe.
Black w/red band (code 81) goes to the Up (release) post solenoid, non-banded side of the diode.
The two blacks on the flipper EOS (end-of-switch) go on flipper center lug & with orange.

That thicker white wire... not sure.

All that being said... there's probably a reason someone snipped those wires. You need to check for shorted solenoid diodes, and stuck-on transistors on the SDB (solenoid driver board).

BOPP1 (resized).jpgBOPP1 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

See if these help. These are for the up post area.

DSCN2843 (resized).JPGDSCN2843 (resized).JPG

DSCN2844 (resized).JPGDSCN2844 (resized).JPG

DSCN2845 (resized).JPGDSCN2845 (resized).JPG

DSCN2846 (resized).JPGDSCN2846 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

Same see if these help

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

I have manual or this game if your interested ... Pm me

#6 6 years ago

The pictures are perfect........Thanks!!!! It was missing the relay coil when I bought it and I believe the rt side flipper coil has been replaced as well. Hopefully there will be few issues with this game. I'm not as comfortable with solid state as I am with em machines.

The pictures along with the schematic provide a schematic tutorial as well..........

#7 6 years ago

If you need more pics (or better pics) let us know. Not sure on the better, but can fur sure take and send some more if you need them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-play-still-trying-to-fix-wiring-hackpicture-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.