image-560.jpg
image-857.jpg
image-225.jpg
image-737.jpg
image-337.jpg
image-880.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a Ballys mr and mrs pacman pinball. I'm having power issues and I do not know where to begin. My pin was working great until one evening and when I went to power up the game nothing was working. There was a couple of lights that came on and that's all. So I turned it on and opened up the back box to do further inspection and when the power was turned on the tests lights on the squak and talk board was working but the other board that has the light just stays on. If I hit the test switch on the talking board it works. If I hit the test switch on the other board nothing happens. So I sent out the board for repairs and they said they fixed it and put in a new back up battery and I'm good to go. Well when I hooked everything up I get the same results. So I checked my power logic board and that was testing bad. Here is what I got when I tested the board.
Tp1: 0.09
Tp2: 2.55
Tp3: 0.22
Tp4: 7.01AC test
Tp5: 0.56
So I sent that out thinking it was bad and they couldn't find anything wrong. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction?
Thank you for everyone's help,
Jeff
Medford Or

image.jpgimage.jpg image-880.jpgimage-880.jpg image-337.jpgimage-337.jpg image-737.jpgimage-737.jpg image-225.jpgimage-225.jpg image-857.jpgimage-857.jpg image-560.jpgimage-560.jpg image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg
#2 8 years ago

I guess I would start by repinning the connectors. Most Bally/Stern games require Molex .100 connectors, and Great Plains Electronics or Jameco is a good place to start for parts and tools.
I'm no expert with this stuff, but mechanical repair I can do. Might be the issue, if the pins are cracked on the back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-loss-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.