By Lamprey

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamprey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've having an issue and trying to figure out what to put here for help...

I have two Monopoly machines that I imported from Europe. Did the power conversion and all seemed to be ok. There were a couple of issues with each power board. Machine A needed a new transistor. Machine B needed a bridge rectifier. I did the "restore" on each and Machine A seems to still be working fine. I haven't played it extensively, but did a couple 30 minute sessions and all seems okay.

Machine B had the same bridge rectifier go out again (B2 - 20v DC Low Current Coils). Replaced B2 and then B20 (18v DC Illumination) failed.

I thought that there might be an issue with a short/ground. I've tried testing everything and I can't seem to find a short coming from the playfield. Not to say that there isn't, I just can't find one.

My next thought was that maybe there was a power issue coming from the transformer. I checked the AC power on the J17 connector (from the transformer). All the voltages seem within spec except the 16v.

The 16v one Machine B is 11.1v (having issues) and Machine A (which seems to be fine) is 3.5v. The only other machine I have to check against is my LOTR and it reads 17.8v.

It appears that both 16v are out of range. Although, I'm not sure this is the issue, does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix that or other suggestions on how to proceed?

I'm still learning electronics, so any help would be appreciated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamprey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-issue?tu=Lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.