• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

File_000 (1) (resized).jpeg
DB Wiring (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have my first EM, Doodle Bug, and the original cord has been cut off. I want to replace it with a modern cord with a ground. Picture is attached, with the original brown power cord running to a brown wire on the left and a yellow wire on the right. To the left of all this is a green wire marked "ground wire."

I can desolder the old cord and solder the new cord onto the lugs for the brown and yellow wires easily, but I don't understand electricity well enough to know which of the brown and yellow wires is the power and which is the neutral. Also, I assume that I can just solder the ground from the new cord onto the lug for the green wire.

Can someone please tell me if it's a safe option to solder on all three wires from a new cord, and, if so, which cord wire goes to brown and which to yellow? I'm hoping that a Doodle Bug owner will know, or that someone can explain to me how to test the wires for power and neutral (I have a meter, but I'm a novice at using it), or that it doesn't matter which wires go to which, as long as the ground goes to green (a dangerous assumption?). I'd be very grateful for the help.

DB Wiring (resized).jpgDB Wiring (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I appreciate the reply, Lloyd, and I did look over this excellent guide before my post, but I can't discern the answer to my specific problem from it--probably my own fault, but I can't.

Anyone else?

#4 7 years ago

You should post this in the in the EM Tech room.
They will know in there.

1 week later
2 months later
#7 6 years ago

Yellow = fused = hot = smooth

File_000 (1) (resized).jpegFile_000 (1) (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-cord-doodle-bug-em-tech-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.