By EJS

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So, for the time being I've been powering on and off my camera with the flip screen, then plugging my mini HDMI adapter in to connect to my laptop for each use.

The problem (or should I say, annoying) thing is I do this each time and worry about damaging the male and/or female connector over time. Plus, it's not so fun doing this blind since it's my PF cam and mounted high so I can't see what I'm plugging into.

I have the sleep time on the camera disabled since we aren't actually recording. I don't want the thing magically shutting off. Sometimes I'm live for 45 minutes other times I can push 3 hours.

I'm wondering if someone has a proper power on/off sequence that works which avoids removing this connector each time and flipping the lid shut. In theory I could leave everything alone and just recharge the battery every day and let it drain overnight. But I'm worried about getting the battery off the ground when I get ready each time. I found you can still use the thing once it's powered on and eject the battery, provided you are connected to the USB power.

I recall pressing and holding the power button on the back/side but recall it didn't do anything. Maybe I'm not holding down long enough?

Anyway, if anyone has some best practices on this camera I'd like to hear them. Maybe there are some other things in setup I/we could take advantage of that I'm currently overlooking?

(as an aside, I'm not looking to eliminate cables, I'm content with hardwire nor does my model support wireless)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/power-and-cable-question-for-those-who-stream-w-sony-handycam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.