Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Strummy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

downloadfile (resized).jpg
    giphy (7).gif
    20161231_130428 (resized).jpg
    20161231_130445 (resized).jpg
    63bu2s (resized).jpg
    1129142151 (resized).jpg
    20220130_215034 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160512_161403853 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160512_161505031 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160512_161349024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160512_161823368 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20160512_102150909 (resized).jpg
    20220130_181347 (resized).jpg
    13199892 (resized).jpg
    D3730C90-422D-4C4C-B216-244AD760C7A2 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

This is an awesome place that does powder coating for a reasonable price. They did all of my armor for 100 bucks and it came out great!

http://www.plas-teccoatings.com/

#2 2 years ago

Wow, sounds like a great deal if you live nearby! When you say "all your armor" curious what did that include?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Wow, sounds like a great deal if you live nearby! When you say "all your armor" curious what did that include?

legs, hinges and sides. The shipping for you might be a bit much

I might do my car rims next

#4 2 years ago

I forgot....they included the lockdown bar too.

They have a great set up and price.

#5 2 years ago

Where are the pictures? Why would anyone try to save money on this by NOT seeing the Final Product! At least with Pinball refinery, He has tons of examples to prove his work is Legit!

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Where are the pictures? Why would anyone try to save money on this by NOT seeing the Final Product! At least with Pinball refinery, He has tons of examples to prove his work is Legit!

Do what you want man. Not putting anyone down. I had a good experience with this company and I was just sharing it. Believe it or not more than one company powder coats pinball parts. They did 2 machines for me in the past and the work was stellar. Use whoever you want. I don't care

I was actually just approached to see if I could get this company to come to Pntastic. I don't own this company or have any affiliation with them but I do know they did great work for me.

No need for you to get all disregulated about it. The capital not and exclamation point is not
    necessary. I can read. Calm down.

#7 2 years ago

.....And what the hell does this have to do with pinball refinery? Doesn't that guy customize machines?

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

.....And what the hell does this have to do with pinball refinery? Doesn't that guy customize machines?

you have a lot of nerve sharing a positive experience here, especially in a selfless effort to help other hobbyists get a deal on a service you, yourself were happy with. real tell of character, right there. also, doesn't GEICO also save you money? At least with them, they have countless paid actors interrupting folk's conversations to say they "just saved a ton of money on their car insurance", to prove their work is legit!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

you have a lot of nerve sharing a positive experience here, especially in a selfless effort to help other hobbyists get a deal on a service you, yourself were happy with. real tell of character, right there. also, doesn't GEICO also save you money? At least with them, they have countless paid actors interrupting folk's conversations to say they "just saved a ton of money on their car insurance", to prove their work is legit!

I know. How awful of me. I shared what a fantastic job this company did for me and motor city pinball has a problem with it. I'm still trying to figure out where this pinball refinery thing came from. Maybe they are the same person?

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I know. How awful of me. I shared what a fantastic job this company did for me and motor city pinball has a problem with it. I'm still trying to figure out where this pinball refinery thing came from. Maybe they are the same person?

I think you might have misunderstood his comment. You're touting the work of this company saying they did a fantastic job, but you didn't post any pictures of the work. Pinball Refinery, Robert Stone, Flawless Creations and others are successful because they post pictures of the work they do. If this company did great work for you, why not show it off in pictures so others can see?

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

I think you might have misunderstood his comment. You're touting the work of this company saying they did a fantastic job, but you didn't post any pictures of the work. Pinball Refinery, Robert Stone, Flawless Creations and others are successful because they post pictures of the work they do. If this company did great work for you, why not show it off in pictures so others can see?

Check out the website link. They do nice work.If I find some pics I will post them. Dammm. Just sharing an experience. Do what you want with it.

#12 2 years ago

Jeez
    Pinside sure is plucky tonight
    All he did was share a good experience

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

This is an awesome place that does powder coating for a reasonable price. They did all of my armor for 100 bucks and it came out great!
    http://www.plas-teccoatings.com/

Good on you for sharing.

FYI I pay around $200 NZD ($140 USD) for soft media blasting and powdercoat. When I post that US guys always ask “why so cheap?”

Always deals out there if you go looking.

I bet there’s a powdercoater in every city who would cut a good deal. Ask hot rod guys, they’d have the hookups.

rd

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Jeez

Thank you.

Maybe they just want negativity. That is usually the case here. Post your problems not positive experiences

#15 2 years ago

Do they strip down to bare metal? Or do they just coat over exiting after sanding?

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Do they strip down to bare metal? Or do they just coat over exiting after sanding?

Check out the website. It's what they do. Yes they strip it.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Check out the website. It's what they do. Yes they strip it.

I did. Zero mention of prep work. Hence why I asked.

#18 2 years ago

I did. Zero mention of prep work. Hence why I asked.

Sorry. They sand blast the products. So if you have textured stern parts they will be smooth when done.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Check out the website link. They do nice work.If I find some pics I will post them. Dammm. Just sharing an experience. Do what you want with it.

I was just explaining Motorcitypinball 's comment since you seemed to be confused by it. I am, by no means, attacking you (and neither is motorcitypinball) because you shared a positive experience. I did check out the website, but they have very minimal pictures and none of pinball armor. It would just be nice to see pics of their work (on pinball armor).

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Sorry. They sand blast the products. So if you have textured stern parts they will be smooth when done.

So bare metal then? I know of a few places here in Dallas that just blast them enough to rough up the surface then coat.

#21 2 years ago

So bare metal then? I know of a few places here in Dallas that just blast them enough to rough up the surface then coat.

As far as I know. The parts looked factory finished when done. I asked them to protect the leg threads as well which they did without a problem

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

As far as I know. The parts looked factory finished when done. I asked them to protect the leg threads as well which they did without a problem

Hmmm. If they weren’t specific I’d bet money they blast it just enough, but not to bare metal. I tried saving money once on a valve cover and was disappointed when it started to flake off because there was residual original coating underneath. New powder coating never adhered.

When you going to post pics of your armor? I’d like to see the end result.

#23 2 years ago

It would be great to see some pics of their work. I live close by

#24 2 years ago

I will find some pics. They did a sweet purple on my Metallica and a candy apple red on my a
    Iron man. Im thinking a speckled black on my Pnbot next.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

I was just explaining Motorcitypinball 's comment since you seemed to be confused by it. I am, by no means, attacking you (and neither is motorcitypinball) because you shared a positive experience. I did check out the website, but they have very minimal pictures and none of pinball armor. It would just be nice to see pics of their work (on pinball armor).

Exactly. Sorry I like to use exclamation points. I guess I feel it puts emphasis on what Im saying or asking for> If he did such great work....... Show the Pics. Why would you have to dig some Up? Just go take some pics of the 2 games he did for you and be done. Here are some pics of work Steve Did For me. I have more, But you got the picture

20211217_223456 (resized).jpg20211217_223456 (resized).jpg20211217_223715 (resized).jpg20211217_223715 (resized).jpg20211228_132238 (resized).jpg20211228_132238 (resized).jpg266996359_409184054295691_9163835718685994806_n (resized).jpg266996359_409184054295691_9163835718685994806_n (resized).jpg
    #26 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Jeez

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

And you showed A PIC to prove it!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I will find some pics. They did a sweet purple on my Metallica and a candy apple red on my a
    Iron man. Im thinking a speckled black on my Pnbot next.

Do you not update your games on your pinside account? No mention of Metallica or Ironman in your profile. But you have Godzilla?

#29 2 years ago
    D3730C90-422D-4C4C-B216-244AD760C7A2 (resized).pngD3730C90-422D-4C4C-B216-244AD760C7A2 (resized).png
    #30 2 years ago

Exactly. Sorry I like to use exclamation points. I guess I feel it puts emphasis on what Im saying or asking for> If he did such great work....... Show the Pics. Why would you have to dig some Up? Just go take some pics of the 2 games he did for you and be done. Here are some pics of work Steve Did For me. I have more, But you got the picture
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here's a thought. I no longer own the games but I'm about to get one done. Thats why I thought of this place.

You are relentless. Practice patience. Thats what I tell my patients. Do you think I made this up? Explain why you need these pics so quickly on a Sunday? Especially if you are happy with the guy that does this work for you. I'm watching football and checking Pinside. And you? Your obsession with this? If you have a wife you must drive her crazy.

Glad you had a great experience with that guy. We can agree that we had great experiences. I hope that you use him whenever you need this service.

I'm not sure why I wasted my time expaining myself to this guy.

#31 2 years ago

Get a grip man. Check what I owned in the past

#32 2 years ago

This has got to be one of the weirdest, passive aggressive threads I’ve seen. With is hell is up with folks? Strummy, your best best is to move on from this thread. You posted what you needed, people can do what they will with the info, no sense in engaging. The thread has turned into people investigating the machines you own and crap... Get a grip y’all.

Perhaps I can help others who seem to be confused on how to speak to people. All y’all had to post was: “Strummy, Do you have any pics? If so, it would be great for you to share so we could see their work. Regardless thanks for the heads up.”

… or is that expecting too much from the pinside armchair warriors these days? None of you would speak to anyone to their face the way you type half the time.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Get a grip man. Check what I owned in the past

No pics. Obscure company. Minimal info. Random positive post. Killer price.

We’ve had enough scammers on pinside that you’ll have to forgive us for being skeptical.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

This has got to be one of the weirdest, passive aggressive threads I’ve seen. With is hell is up with folks? Strummy, your best best is to move on from this thread. You posted what you needed, people can do what they will with the info, no sense in engaging.
    Perhaps I can help others who seem to be confused on how to speak to people. All y’all had to post was: “Strummy, Do you have any pics? If so, it would be great for you to share so we could see their work. Regardless thanks for the heads up.”
    … or is that expecting too much from the pinside armchair warriors these days? None of you would speak to anyone to their face the way you type half the time.

Now add a random less than a year member posting positive info about OP.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

This has got to be one of the weirdest, passive aggressive threads I’ve seen. With is hell is up with folks? Strummy, your best best is to move on from this thread. You posted what you needed, people can do what they will with the info, no sense in engaging.

Hahaha....so right. Thats why I have so many posts in all the time that I have been here .

#36 2 years ago

No pics. Obscure company. Minimal info. Random positive post. Killer price.
    We’ve had enough scammers on pinside that you’ll have to forgive us for being skeptical.

I have been there in person. Please dont use them. You will drive them crazy

#37 2 years ago

What does that mean?

#38 2 years ago

God for bid you welcome a new comer to the community. Check how many pins I have my friend and my feedback. I will apologize for nothing, and I’m happy to play with you anytime if you are in the Columbus area.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I have been there in person. Please dont use them. You will drive them crazy

I’d trust gas station sushi more.

#40 2 years ago

I’d trust gas station sushi more.

Ok troll

#41 2 years ago

Why not just post pics instead of trying to call out people? Seems simple enough?

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

God for bid you welcome a new comer to the community. Check how many pins I have my friend and my feedback. I will apologize for nothing, and I’m happy to play with you anytime if you are in the Columbus area.

Same if you are in Dallas, but this whole thread reeks of the Jersey shore.

#43 2 years ago

wow! people are actually ripping a guy for not having pictures at the ready to meet their demands, and for his collection not documented to their liking. if i told this to someone who didn't follow pinball, they'd think i was making it up. i really hope he's able to look past this. trust me, Strummy the community is better than this.

fyi titanpenguin if this guy was trying to promote his company, you'd have so many pics, it would crash your computer. think about that, before you defend yourself to the death.

anyway, i know i'll keep the recommendation in mind, as i'm somewhat local. thanks for the lead.

#44 2 years ago

Why not just post pics instead of trying to call out people? Seems simple enough?

Cause he sold the games and can't just walk up to them and snap a picture?

No good deed goes unpunished

#45 2 years ago

There's a good football game on if anyone is bored with this

#46 2 years ago

Seems like everyone is drinking tonight! Party on!

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

wow! people are actually ripping a guy for not having pictures at the ready to meet their demands, and for his collection not documented to their liking. if i told this to someone who didn't follow pinball, they'd think i was making it up. i really hope he's able to look past this. trust me, Strummy the community is better than this.
    fyi titanpenguin if this guy was trying to promote his company, you'd have so many pics, it would crash your computer. think about that, before you defend yourself to the death.
    anyway, i know i'll keep the recommendation in mind, as i'm somewhat local. thanks for the lead.

Maybe you can take some pics and get more info?

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There's a good football game on if anyone is bored with this

The football game is Great, But this is making me laugh hysterically.

#49 2 years ago

I like the mystery and suspense surrounding this with no pics better.

#50 2 years ago

The football game is Great, But this is making me laugh hysterically.

I know. I can't stop

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powdercoating-for-100?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.