JPYellowCoinDoor.jpg
congo_pc.jpg
caution_tape.jpg
DSC02323.jpg
DSC02324.jpg
DSC02319.jpg
DSC02318.jpg
DSC02317.jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I don't know why, but they do. Hat's off to all you powdercoaters out there. Your services are much appreciated. My latest batch (from a local company) looks nearly flawless:

DSC02317.jpgDSC02317.jpg

#3 11 years ago

JP?

Yep. Trying to spice this up a bit:

DSC02318.jpgDSC02318.jpg

while sticking to the theme and not going overboard TOO much.

#4 11 years ago

that's gonna look awesome

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

that's gonna look awesome

Thanks, I think so too.

#6 11 years ago

You should do the coin door in gloss black. Are you doing the side trim in yellow?

#7 11 years ago

Looks great! Can you shoot me a PM (or just post it up on here) on who you had do the PC'ing in MN and how much that set there cost to have done?

#8 11 years ago

I just did Lizard Skin on a JP for a customer

It's a brown leatherette base with a dark green topcoat. Looks like dino skin

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

You should do the coin door in either yellow or gloss black. Are you doing the side trim in yellow?

I will be powdercoating both the side rails and the coin door gloss black. Right now they are both textured black, which they will stay until I get a full order of black pin and arcade parts together. I like a bit of contrast. Yellow lock down bar, black side rails, yellow back box hinges.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I just did Lizard Skin on a JP
It's a brown leatherette base with a dark green topcoat. Looks like dino skin

I thought about that, but I will save the 2 and 3 stage stuff for guys like you. I really would like to have some 2 stage stuff done for my Congo.

#11 11 years ago

BTB, how much do you charge for that type of custom powdercoating?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Looks great! Can you shoot me a PM (or just post it up on here) on who you had do the PC'ing in MN and how much that set there cost to have done?

I use All-Pro in Waite Park and have for about 3 years. This batch set me back a cool $89.

#13 11 years ago

Pretty inexpensive considering most pin parts have to sit in a bath of methylene chloride for 6 hours then get sand blasted.

Do a search in the forum for the word "formal" its the second thread that comes up.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pretty inexpensive considering most pin parts have to sit in a bath of methylene chloride for 6 hours then get sand blasted.
Do a search in the forum for the word "formal" its the second thread that comes up.

Cool, good to know and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up in the future. Is there any way to mask and/or use heat tape as a stencil to get 2 colors on one piece? Think stripes, shapes, etc. Or is that impossible with this medium?

OH, and can you post pics of that JP lizard skin? I NEED to see that.

#15 11 years ago

I want to see the parts on the machine, but I am partial to red for JP.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I want to see the parts on the machine, but I am partial to red for JP.

Well you'll be happy to know that I had a full set done in red as well, just in case. I had those done by another company. Who knows, I may mix and match a little, just cuz I can.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Cool, good to know and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up in the future. Is there any way to mask and/or use heat tape as a stencil to get 2 colors on one piece? Think stripes, shapes, etc. Or is that impossible with this medium?

Did I forget to say please? Please.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Absolutely possible but if its a 2 stage it becomes a 4 stage

You spray the entire piece with the single or 2 stage obviously baking between then tape off the area you want and spray again.

flat pieces are recommended. You could do it on legs but it would be very time consuming to tape the ribbing on the legs to make sure you dont have any powder leaking under the tape. If it runs under the tape and you bake it you have 2 hours restripping and starting all over again.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Absolutely possible but if its a 2 stage it becomes a 4 stage
You spray the entire piece with the single or 2 stage obviously baking between then tape off the area you want and spray again.
flat pieces are recommended. You could do it on legs but it would be very time consuming to tape the ribbing on the legs to make sure you dont have any powder leaking under the tape. If it runs under the tape and you bake it you have 2 hours restripping and starting all over again.

Yeah I am thinking more like side rails. Think Safety/ Caution tape.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I don't know why, but they do. Hat's off to all you powdercoaters out there. Your services are much appreciated. My latest batch (from a local company) looks nearly flawless:

I would recommend the color "pearl necklace" for your next project. Maybe Alex can mix up something special.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I would recommend the color "pearl necklace" for your next project. Maybe Alex can mix up something special.

Bwahahha. I'm certainly not "shooting" that color on any guys pin!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You got to shake it up pretty good to get the Pearlescent to lay out nice.

#23 11 years ago

Yeah I'll just have him color match that spot on your chin. Anyhoo, I installed the front parts last night. Now I need to get the coin reject and return bezels painted yellow and add a high voltage sticker to the badge area. I'll probably have the side rails done up to look like caution tape.

DSC02319.jpgDSC02319.jpg DSC02324.jpgDSC02324.jpg DSC02323.jpgDSC02323.jpg

#24 11 years ago

To me there is no in between with powder coating... either you put it on and love it or you put it on and ask yourself "WTF was I thinking???"

I would never do it without seeing it on someone else's pin...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

To me there is no in between with powder coating... either you put it on and love it or you put it on and ask yourself "WTF was I thinking???"
I would never do it without seeing it on someone else's pin...

I love it so far. Pretty easy to change it back if you don't like it. The legs are only attached to the cab with bolts. The lock down bar is held in place with a simple spring-loaded lever. Buy a second set of black legs for $40, another DE lock down bar for $25 and change them back to black if the color scares you. You can always sell the powder coated stuff and recoup your money.

#26 11 years ago

You should have done the rails and the coin door. Or if not the door then definitely not the bill accept blank. It looks out of place.

#27 11 years ago

Looking good.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Then feast your eyes on this...

http://s1205.beta.photobucket.com/user/snaroff/media/Congo/029.jpg.html?sort=6&o=2

...I see you have a Congo as well

I'm actually not a huge fan of this kind of "bling", but it does work nicely on some titles. Like teekee, I would have to see it before taking the plunge. The cabinet, custom paintwork, and clear on my Congo are awesome.

#29 11 years ago

I'll be doing the coin bezels as well. It'll look fine, trust me. As to the side rails, I'd really like to have them done up like caution tape like I mentioned. Like this:

caution_tape.jpgcaution_tape.jpg

but in powdercoat. That's why I was asking if you can mask stripes with heat tape. I'd send them out to you if you thought you could do it. I could also send one of the already yellow back box hinges for a color match.

#30 11 years ago

certainly can do it.

#31 11 years ago

Then feast your eyes on this...
I'm actually not a huge fan of this kind of "bling", but it does work nicely on some titles. Like teekee, I would have to see it before taking the plunge. The cabinet, custom paintwork, and clear on my Congo are awesome.

Yep that's pretty hot. I've already got an idea for mine that'll be a little crazier, but I think it will work.

congo_pc.jpgcongo_pc.jpg

#32 11 years ago

to each his own.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

As to the side rails, I'd really like to have them done up like caution tape like I mentioned.

Those would look amazing on Road Show.

#34 11 years ago

Wow, your JP looks fantastic. Really well done. Someone mentioned the possibility of getting the coin door done as well. I'd like to respectfully offer an alternate opinion; leave it how you have it. I love the rim of yellow around the coin door as it sits, and the addition of yellow on the coin door itself would just be overkill. Best to leave it in pops and accents, like you have it. (I like the suggestion of adding it to the side-rails, but that would likely be a lot more work.) Anyhow, to make your decision a little easier, I did a quick-and-dirty photoshop mock-up. Not perfect, but hopefully enough for you to figure-out whether or not you want to take the plunge on the coin door.

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

JPYellowCoinDoor.jpgJPYellowCoinDoor.jpg

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow, your JP looks fantastic. Really well done. Someone mentioned the possibility of getting the coin door done as well. I'd like to respectfully offer an alternate opinion; leave it how you have it. I love the rim of yellow around the coin door as it sits, and the addition of yellow on the coin door itself would just be overkill. Best to leave it in pops and accents, like you have it. (I like the suggestion of adding it to the side-rails, but that would likely be a lot more work.) Anyhow, to make your decision a little easier, I did a quick-and-dirty photoshop mock-up. Not perfect, but hopefully enough for you to figure-out whether or not you want to take the plunge on the coin door.
Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

Thanks man. Yeah I was never a fan of the all or nothing bit. I am trying to accent details and have a little contrast. I think it looks pretty sweet so far.

#36 11 years ago

LMAO!!! So true. I had extra legs so i gave them to my friend to PC...he said i'll do them for free if you let me try some new things....sure I say...thinking you cant mess up pinball legs

Giving these babys away for free now

Legs_1.jpgLegs_1.jpg

#37 11 years ago

I do however have some Bomb pops for sale

Legs_2.jpgLegs_2.jpg

#38 11 years ago

PS...he does some good work...with instructions

NF_104.jpgNF_104.jpg

#39 11 years ago

^Damn, that burnt orange looks great on the NF!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

LMAO!!! So true. I had extra legs so i gave them to my friend to PC...he said i'll do them for free if you let me try some new things....sure I say...thinking you cant mess up pinball legs
Giving these babys away for free now

Personally... I LOVE them! I think they are awesome looking!

#41 11 years ago

I think red powder-coating would look better on JP.

#42 11 years ago

That orange looks so good on NF, makes me want a pin with orange in it. Any suggestions for a particular gold powdercoat for LOTR?

#43 11 years ago

Nice powder coating jobs.

I agree with Ryan, I think the JP looks better with the original coin black.

#44 11 years ago

Jdub1006 said: " I do however have some Bomb pops for sale"

Ha-ha! Those are hilarious! You nailed it with the bomb pop aesthetic. Awesome.

RawlwyD said: " I agree with Ryan, I think the JP looks better with the original coin black."

You have very discerning taste, Rawley.

#45 11 years ago

Painting the legs an alternate color was all I could commit to when I decided to do something different with my JP.

Anything else seemed like it would be a bit too loud for me.

Jurassic_Park_pin.pngJurassic_Park_pin.png

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

That orange looks so good on NF, makes me want a pin with orange in it. Any suggestions for a particular gold powdercoat for LOTR?

I believe it or not moved away from gold on lotr to bronze. Looks much better actually.

1 week later
#47 11 years ago

Well I went ahead and did my side rails myself. They turned out very nice:

DSC02381.jpgDSC02381.jpg DSC02379.jpgDSC02379.jpg DSC02380.jpgDSC02380.jpg

1 month later
#48 11 years ago

nice job on the side rails

what angle/direction were you thinking for the stripes on the legs?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

nice job on the side rails
what angle/direction were you thinking for the stripes on the legs?

Legs aren't getting stripes. Just the side rails for an accent.

#50 11 years ago

I favor the red.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powdercoated-parts-get-me-excited and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.