11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jimmydred
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Let's say for example a simple game like LOTR or AFM. Lockdown, side rails, coin door, a couple wireform ramps, head brackets, legs. Some quick online pricing was well over 1k with chrome. Can anyone give me actual prices of what they paid? I know some people don't like to post prices on the forums so PM me. I'm looking to restore both of these games. Leaning toward chrome on AFM and glossy brass powder coat on LOTR.

#2 11 years ago

Pinchroma, here on pinside is the guy you wanna talk to for powdercoat.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Leaning toward chrome on AFM

Chrome on AFM to me just doesnt look right against the mostly Black cabinet. Much better on MB or MM.

#6 11 years ago

I have a fully chromed Spiderman Red and a powder coated Iron Man. I would never do chrome again. I am real anal about the look of my pins. Chrome is great to look at until you play it. Then the fingerprints!!! Oh those blasted fingerprints.
    My powdercoated IM gets fingerprints too, but they are MUCH less noticeable.

#7 11 years ago

some games look great in chrome. I'd do DM, T2, T3 in chrome. TOTAN in Gold chrome, maybe even TOM, if I was really desperate to be forced to keep one in my collection.

#8 11 years ago

I sold a Jungle Lord to a guy who is an aircraft Mechanic.... Helped him unload it and saw his gameroom. I thought he had chromed all of his machines. Turns out he polished the stainless at his place of work and the pieces were so bright, I thought they were chromed... Looked really good. I think it is a great alternative for chrome, or powder coating... Mirror like finish and would have to be cheeper if you are a DIY type of person.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powdercoat-vs-chrome-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.