10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by novaguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_20140518_141558857.jpg
    IMG_6842.JPG

#1 10 years ago

Got a 1959 United 3-way shuffle alley puck bowler, never had one before and don't have the manual.

What should I use on the playfield ???
    - A shuffleboard powder
    - A silicon spray
    or both

IMG_6842.JPGIMG_6842.JPG
    #2 10 years ago

First, clean the formica surface with Mean Green or something similar. Then apply silicon spray lightly and go over it with a paper towel. If you have some shuffleboard powder, use that as well.

You can get by with just silicon spray, but I think you get the good sliding motion for a much longer time, if you use the shuffleboard powder as well. And the shuffleboard powder puts out a different sound, as the puck slides on it.....which is kind of neat.

2 months later
    #3 9 years ago

I was looking through a book about crimes & interesting stuff that happened in Mnpls/St Paul & saw this picture of a guy having a really bad day next to a shuffle bowler... sorry for the flash glare

IMG_20140518_141558857.jpgIMG_20140518_141558857.jpg
    1 year later
    #4 8 years ago

Hello, I recently picked up a United Zephyr.1959 puck bowler that is in need of a lot of fixing. Did you ever get yours working? Were you able to find schematics and a procedure or sequence of events manual? If yes, where? Thanks for your help.

#5 8 years ago

Make that a Zenith....not Zephyr.

#6 8 years ago

These things are popping up again. Go United!!!I am finishing a 51/56 united frankinbowler. PBR should have the schematics.
    Chk out mrpinball.com for a guy named Rich in cali I believe. says he has bowler parts.
    Be careful with your plastic pins guys, nearly impossible to find. I don't think silicon was invented yet in the 50's??? but it's on formica, can't hurt. we always had the cans of powder. love that swoosh!

#7 8 years ago

POWDER ALL THE WAY!!! slides fast and gives it that old skool feel. just pop a bunch of powder on there and watch it glide!

#8 8 years ago

I use the powder(the stuff I get is actually called dance floor wax)on our Bally Speed Bowler and it works great.IMG_1446.JPGIMG_1446.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-or-spray-1959-united-shuffle-alley-puck-bowler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.