4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dudah
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I put some cheap eBay yellow carbon fiber vinyl on my trim on JD and green chrome on Congo.
    I did it as a cheap experiment and I'm yet to take if off!
    There's also some cool iridescent material people use to cover head/tail lights.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vinyl-wrap-lockdown-bar-rails-etc

The rails are easy, the lockdown bar is a little tricky on the corners.
    Gotta use some time and a heat gun.
    I tried doing a leg and it's very tricky on WPC era due to the bumps.

I've tried painting rails/lockdown on my ToM (gold).
    Despite many layers of clear on there, oils from hands eventually wore it down.

Next game I'm shopping out and have apart, I'd just take the parts to get powdercoated.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from PINQUEST:

Thanks for all of the info! It would be so easy to do powder work at home with these basic kits from harbor freight. The problem is finding a damn oven that will fit the side rails. I tried to modify a locker, used foil insulation and put a smoker unit inside of it but the locker wouldn't ever get above 200 degrees F. Powder is ridiculously cheap but the labor adds up fast!

My local hacker space has a big blast booth and a decent powder oven

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-alternative?tu=dudah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.